MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You can print them out in a sheet of 25mm or 26mm circles, and cut them out with an exact-o blade or scissors. I was going to, but we were out of printer ink. :/

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats working out around £60-80!
but times the cost of each amiibo vs the bank numbers n2 allows.....

when did the world become where the expect everything for free or very cheap.

thing is things are usually cheap for a reason, so do you go the cheap option and wait for its unreliability to bite you in the arse or do you pay that little extra and get a fully supported product that is constantly getting updates?

See the user Jayro making countless tags for his amiibo collection, hmm i guess its nice if its cheaper, but then look at how many he has, when it can be stored on one tag and changeable using the button or even mobile app.

I use N2 all the time, and think its great, tiny, easily fits in your pocket and can change on the go, i mean no disrespect but having that many tags reminds me when pogs were the craze lol.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
but times the cost of each amiibo vs the bank numbers n2 allows.....

when did the world become where the expect everything for free or very cheap.

thing is things are usually cheap for a reason, so do you go the cheap option and wait for its unreliability to bite you in the arse or do you pay that little extra and get a fully supported product that is constantly getting updates?

See the user Jayro making countless tags for his amiibo collection, hmm i guess its nice if its cheaper, but then look at how many he has, when it can be stored on one tag and changeable using the button or even mobile app.

I use N2 all the time, and think its great, tiny, easily fits in your pocket and can change on the go, i mean no disrespect but having that many tags reminds me when pogs were the craze lol.
I have a zipper pouch in my Switch case that can hold all those amiibo coins I pictured, without overcrowding or being a burden. This way I can scan them all in when I play Zelda, even on the go. I stack them 3 high inside the zipper pouch, and they keep their place in the pouch. Overall, I'm happy with it. I just prefer the "coin base" aesthetic of amiibos, rather than easy-to-damage amiibo cards.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my fake amiibos, I bought some 25mm NTAG215's, programmmed them with my Galaxy S7 phone using TagMo, and then bought some "26mm presidential dollar" coin cases, put the NTAG215 inside, and labeled them with my label maker like this:

View attachment 110714 View attachment 110715

these could be a good idea if you plan to resell them, maybe add a little thumb nail graphic of the amiibo with its name underneath.
I have a zipper pouch in my Switch case that can hold all those amiibo coins I pictured, without overcrowding or being a burden. This way I can scan them all in when I play Zelda, even on the go. I stack them 3 high inside the zipper pouch, and they keep their place in the pouch. Overall, I'm happy with it. I just prefer the "coin base" aesthetic of amiibos, rather than easy-to-damage amiibo cards.
n2 elite is just as sturdy as your coins, its a nice solid disc with a button to change.... or a mobile app if you want to change/add new.

and it stores 200 all on one disc.

in a sense that combined with you mobile you in a sense have unlimited because you can easily change what you've written to any bank.

so you could have 500 downloaded to your mobile, apply any of these to your n2 tag at your pleasure.

i like your idea if its a resale idea for the odd user here or there who dont want to buy a product for just one or two amiibo's, personally i would also print a small thumbnail of the amiibo with its name at the bottom, just to give it that little polish.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
i like your idea if its a resale idea for the odd user here or there who dont want to buy a product for just one or two amiibo's, personally i would also print a small thumbnail of the amiibo with its name at the bottom, just to give it that little polish.
I'm going to, once I get more ink for my printer. I already have glossy cardstock I plan to use.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DSC_0069.JPG
just get nfc stickers and a cheapo android phone.. i used an old Samsung S3.. here's my collection..

Reactions: Spider_Man

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 110720 just get nfc stickers and a cheapo android phone.. i used an old Samsung S3.. here's my collection..

Yes!! where do i buy NFC stickers from? this seems like a feasible plan

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could someone link me exactly what I have to buy? (preferably UK) This NFC stuff is so confusing, some are a roll of 200 for cheap, then others are like £30 for 1.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by owek1,

Rusb

Trophies
XP
Country
I've bought 22 zelda amiibo cards (proffesional looking, are like real cards and not bendable) for like 5$ in wish app, they arrived like one week ago, 0 problems and wolf amiibo was maxed

Reactions: owek1

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've bought 22 zelda amiibo cards (proffesional looking, are like real cards and not bendable) for like 5$ in wish app, they arrived like one week ago, 0 problems and wolf amiibo was maxed
considering how tedious making your own legit looking custom amiibo cards, that's a good deal.. also got a maxed wolf link too..life saver when your hearts are a bit low..

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Please give me a link for this!! I would LOVE this and def pay!!

Rusb

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Rusb,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@aofelix , yep that's the only thing, the waiting time is really long but should be worth it in the end.. the reason i went the nfc route is that most amiibos when i played the game on launch day were not readily available at our local ebgames. Some even sold those amiibos for like $60 each on ebay and i was like i'm done with this and made my own..

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
https://www.wish.com/c/5a0692c437f9f84f15f10f5c

for example, but if it doesn't arrive I willl not be responsible. I can say that I received them.

Also, I doubt all providers are the same, so I can neither guarantee that the quality is the same as mine xd

@aofelix , yep that's the only thing, the waiting time is really long but should be worth it in the end.. the reason i went the nfc route is that most amiibos when i played the game on launch day were not readily available at our local ebgames. Some even sold those amiibos for like $60 each on ebay and i was like i'm done with this and made my own..

Yup, I think I'm going to try to make my own then. The chips are available from Amazon, the problem is tracking downa Samsung S3.

Whats the cheapest phone which I can use to make them please guys? Trying to find one on amazon uk/ebay uk is a pain :(

cir5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the Datel Action Replay Powersaves with Powertags thing will work to write amiibo on to any nfc215 tags? Would make thing so much easier if it could. :P

imagoth2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With how long this stuff has been out, how has there not been an app that will mimic the amiibo itself without having to purchase ntag stickers and other junk? Phones can mimic NFC outputs and they can read what needs to be written by the NFC input as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s