Maxxoux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I've just bought a Nintendo Switch and i'm really interested in Switch "hacking". I own a 3DS and i really enjoy using NTR for cheating, streaming ... But i was never part of the developpement so i ended just being a user.
I want to be part of the switch cheat part (i know a bit of programming). So i ask for your advice and maybe some usefull ressources to help me to know more about cheats on switch.

Thanks

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's no homebrew for cheat codes yet, in fact, there isn't even a CFW made yet.

You could possibly be able to modify RAM addresses and adjust values via PegaSwitch (e.g. modify your VR in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe), but someone would have to test it and confirm, because my Switch is on 4.1.0!

But if you're on firmware version 4.0.0, 4.0.1 or 4.1.0, you'll have to wait for the Team Xecuter modchip or the recently found coldboot exploit to do it.

There was someone (on Discord - possibly, which got posted here a couple days ago) who claimed to have a working exploit for every version including 4.1.0, but there was never any proof of this.

Reactions: Maxxoux

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've just bought a Nintendo Switch and i'm really interested in Switch "hacking". I own a 3DS and i really enjoy using NTR for cheating, streaming ... But i was never part of the developpement so i ended just being a user.
I want to be part of the switch cheat part (i know a bit of programming). So i ask for your advice and maybe some usefull ressources to help me to know more about cheats on switch.

Thanks
Here you go Mr. Programmer
https://pegaswitch.com/
https://github.com/switchbrew/libnx

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Maxxoux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Haha thanks, i don't pretend to be programmer, i'm just a newbie that know a bit about programming and is willing to help the community.
So the ''best'' way to cheat is to access and modify RAM ?

THANKS

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, off course the easiest way is modifying values of the running game on the memory...

Also hex editing saves is pretty cool sometimes, but harder too...

However for now I don't think anything is possible for the common person, I'm sure some persons already have Switch fully hacked but never released to public or may not even intend to release anything...

I'm waiting for Team-Xecuter solution and then maybe I'm sure people will make memory editors on the console or output it to a PC so we can make cheats.

And about the saves I have no clue which state currently we are... I'm sure they will be encrypted and be protected. On Xbox 360 we had to re-sign and re-calculate the hash, but some Devs had custom protections so on those ones I needed someone else to first bypass the custom security before I could hex edit them which just pissed me off.

But I would also like to know if it's possible to dump a game memory or search for values already and modify them using pegaswitch????

Reactions: Maxxoux
D

Deleted User

Yep, off course the easiest way is modifying values of the running game on the memory...

Also hex editing saves is pretty cool sometimes, but harder too...

However for now I don't think anything is possible for the common person, I'm sure some persons already have Switch fully hacked but never released to public or may not even intend to release anything...

I'm waiting for Team-Xecuter solution and then maybe I'm sure people will make memory editors on the console or output it to a PC so we can make cheats.

And about the saves I have no clue which state currently we are... I'm sure they will be encrypted and be protected. On Xbox 360 we had to re-sign and re-calculate the hash, but some Devs had custom protections so on those ones I needed someone else to first bypass the custom security before I could hex edit them which just pissed me off.

But I would also like to know if it's possible to dump a game memory or search for values already and modify them using pegaswitch????
Currently that's a hard no. Pegaswitch initializes it's own memory section but can't arbitrarily access any location in RAM. For that you'll need to wait for Scires new work to be released, and then proper tooling support on top of that.

Reactions: guily6669

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2