Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download this Pack. http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mxh2azkbza43db/WiiFlow_v4.2.3_Nintendont_MasterMod_Pack_Full_2016.7z
In the pack you will find the folder "WAD" inside that folder you will find another folder "IOS_DM(L)" inside this folder should have all of these. Choose wisely and focus on the d2x wads. You can install these using WiiMod which is also in the pack in the "APPS" folder.

BC-NUS-v6
cIOS202[60]-hermesrodries-v6
cIOS222[38]-hermes-v5.1
cIOS223[57]-hermes-v5.1
cIOS224[37]-hermes-v5.1
cIOS245[37]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
cIOS246[38]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
cIOS247[53]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
cIOS248[55]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v10-beta52
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
cIOS251[58]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
cIOS252[56]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt
DIOSMIOS_2.10
DIOSMIOSLite_2.10
DMLr59mod[MIOS-v10]
IOS58-64-v6176
Quadforce_v4.0
Quadforce_v4.1
RVL-mios-v10

Last edited by JasonH,

StrikerMan780

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this dead? There's still some games that have issues with d2x cios (like Kirby's Return to Dreamland when loading from SD), and I'm wondering if there's a chance they'll ever get fixed.

Last edited by StrikerMan780,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's already fixed. in fact, it's the contrary, it's broken on r53!

just stop using beta version, and use d2x v10 r52 instead of r53
don't follow bad softmod guides written by people who think last = better
install either d2x v8 final (if you are on Wii) or d2x v10 (not the alternative beta version) if you are on vWii and kirby will work from SD.

Last edited by Cyan,

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installing the same base of the same version in two different slot is useless.

if you already have v10 base56 in slot249, you don't need to install it again in slot250.
or maybe you forgot to write "-alt" somewhere?
249 : v10 base56
250: v10-alt base56
in order to switch to slot 249 for emuNAND, and slot250 if you need port1?

if you don't need port1 nor call of duty, don't bother installing something in slot 250.
install only v10 base56 in 249.

Airline:
Thanks for making a new version for emuNAND.
I will probably add it to another package, along with the other version. it will be easier for users.

Hi Cyan...I'm sorry to bother you yet again, but I have a question for you based on what you've said above...I would very much like to play my Call of Duty games and you seem to indicate I need something in slot 250 to do that...what might that be please?? I currently have d2x at r52 base57 in slot249 per your instructions to me from the "How to run Wiiware on SD?" thread. I am a bit confused again, though, about the bases and slots as what you've quoted above recommends base56 in slot 249 and what you recommended to me was base57 in slot 249. I can change things to whatever needs done though to make things right to play my Call of Duty games. Just let me know what I have to do.

Also, am having some troubles with UStealth. Unless I misunderstood you in our discussion in the "How to run Wiiware on SD?" thread, my now hidden HDD should work with USB Loader GX without changing any settings or anything, yes? Well, I hid my drive with UStealth and USB Loader GX will not even recognize the drive. I know I must be doing something wrong. To be clear, I have NOT installed the d2x patched for UStealth as I understood that only to be necessary for EMUNAND and I just wanted to test whether or not the drive could be seen once hidden. If I need to install the UStealthed-patched d2x instead of the standard I can, but again I thought that was just for EMUNAND and I'm just trying to get the whole UStealth thing working. I hope I've been clear.

I can't tell you how much your help means to me. Thank you so very much...MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

Last edited by TomandJonna,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1)
no, I didn't say you need to use slot250 or need something in there.

I said you need a custom system file (cIOS) based on IOS57 to play that game.
You can install a cIOS base57 anywhere you want in your console (you have 255 available slots to install it).
if you installed "base57" in slot 235, you need to tell USBLoaderGX to use slot235 !

I already made you install base57 in slot249, just use slot249.

Not everyone has the same setup.
don't follow random old guides and help thread telling users one thing, it might not work for you if you don't have the same setup.

some users have "base56 in slot 249, base57 in slot 250"
so, of course they need to use the slot 250 to use the IOS based on IOS57
but your slot 249 is already good for every games.

2)
you are right, you don't need d2x Ustealth mod for wii games or gamecube games. it's only for emuNAND.
the loader works with Ustealth drives, as long as you are using the correct version ! (updated to work with Ustealth drives).

you never told me which version you were using.

If your drive has issue being detected, go to settings > loader settings > loader's IOS : set the value to 58.

TomandJonna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)
no, I didn't say you need to use slot250 or need something in there.

I said you need a custom system file (cIOS) based on IOS57 to play that game.
You can install a cIOS base57 anywhere you want in your console (you have 255 available slots to install it).
if you installed "base57" in slot 235, you need to tell USBLoaderGX to use slot235 !

I already made you install base57 in slot249, just use slot249.

Not everyone has the same setup.
don't follow random old guides and help thread telling users one thing, it might not work for you if you don't have the same setup.

some users have "base56 in slot 249, base57 in slot 250"
so, of course they need to use the slot 250 to use the IOS based on IOS57
but your slot 249 is already good for every games.

2)
you are right, you don't need d2x Ustealth mod for wii games or gamecube games. it's only for emuNAND.
the loader works with Ustealth drives, as long as you are using the correct version ! (updated to work with Ustealth drives).

you never told me which version you were using.

If your drive has issue being detected, go to settings > loader settings > loader's IOS : set the value to 58.

OK, yet again I'm learning...I'm sorry it is at your expense.

I'm using the latest loader GX build as well as the latest NINTENDON'T build. I was surprised the loader didn't see the drive as it is the very latest revision (r1265 - just updated it a week ago based on your advice).

I don't mean to get into old stuff that doesn't apply...I just find threads on the topics that I'm having trouble with and read them through, then when I get confused I ask questions. I am just wanting to try and read first so I'm not simply asking without doing any work on my end...that is not fair in my opinion, but it seems to be leading to the same end doesn't it. I'll try to do better at that.

I hid my drive again and changed the loader settings>loader's IOS to 58 as you told me and the drive is now visible, but this process resets all settings to default. I did change them back and it appears that all is well again with things. The only thing left to do now is to apply the UStealth patch for recognizing emuNAND and see how that goes, then I should be done, and on to the PS2.

I truly hope I don't have to ask any more question of you, Cyan. You've been a help beyond description to me and I've learned a lot from you. I will keep you in my prayers that all will be will with you.

MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

Amauri64BIT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I bought a already soft modded Nintendo Wii from EBay and now I'm trying to get Wiiflow to work by myself (everything else works fine). Wiiflow is successfully installed but now I'm having issues getting Call of Duty: Black Ops to work. The game shows up in Wiiflow and allows me to click it but then when I do the screen goes pitch black and my whole console freezes. I read in a few different forum threads downloading this cIOSX D2x will most likely fix the problem. Now, I'm seeing the mirror links does not work. The 1st says its been removed from the linked website for violation and the 2nd gives me an error page. I'm assuming it would not be wise to attempt to download older versions. Is there a modern alternative? What should I do? Sorry for my ignorance in advance :/

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I bought a already soft modded Nintendo Wii from EBay and now I'm trying to get Wiiflow to work by myself (everything else works fine). Wiiflow is successfully installed but now I'm having issues getting Call of Duty: Black Ops to work. The game shows up in Wiiflow and allows me to click it but then when I do the screen goes pitch black and my whole console freezes. I read in a few different forum threads downloading this cIOSX D2x will most likely fix the problem. Now, I'm seeing the mirror links does not work. The 1st says its been removed from the linked website for violation and the 2nd gives me an error page. I'm assuming it would not be wise to attempt to download older versions. Is there a modern alternative? What should I do? Sorry for my ignorance in advance :/

This cIOS and thread are very old. You don't want to use it anymore. CoD games require a cIOS based on IOS 57. d2x v8 or v10-beta52 is recommended. Use ModMii to make WADs for them.

Amauri64BIT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This cIOS and thread are very old. You don't want to use it anymore. CoD games require a cIOS based on IOS 57. d2x v8 or v10-beta52 is recommended. Use ModMii to make WADs for them.

If I can be redirected to the proper thread that would be great. To clarify, I have the cIOS you referred to now. Everything is working fine except Call of duty: Black Ops will not play. I created a wbfs folder, placed the wbfs game file in another folder with the game title and proper GAMEID. When selected through Wiiflow, my entire console will freeze and make a glitched sound. It shows texts of a bunch of 'dumps' and at the bottom says "reloading in 10 seconds".

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am trying to compile the d2x cIOS in order to add Wii Mini support, but I have some trouble with it.

On Linux, I was able to compile the cIOS after a few small changes (visible in my fork: https://github.com/Leseratte10/d2x-cios ); on Windows I wasn't able to compile it at all (ld.exe complained about mismatched endianness). However, while I was able to install the resulting binaries from my Linux build using the d2x-installer, the resulting cIOS freezes. USB-Loaders don't want to boot games with it, and even a syscheck freezes upon encountering this cIOS.

This also happens when I compile the cIOS directly from the original source code (plus a few fixes to make errors go away) without my Wii Mini patches. I opened an issue report (https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/issues/76), but seeing that there hasn't really been any activity on that github repository I wanted to ask here as well (even though davebaol hasn't been online here on github in a while as well).

Reactions: Alexander1970

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I got an email notification about the new github issue report, unfortunately this is really a question for davebaol. I can only assume he got a similar email, so fingers crossed that we hear back so you can get some direction on how best to proceed. Good luck!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for accepting further development.:)
While there may not be so many Wii Mini users who will do the Bluebomb hack,
I appreciate your work and efforts and that you still have so much enthusiasm for this.

Thank you,
you are really admirable People.:)

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I managed to add Wii Mini support to the existing binaries using a hex editor (so, no compiling needed), but it'd still be cool to get it to compile properly, especially because I want to try to add USB Hub support (so you can play online on Wii Mini with a USB-Loader). So, hoping to get an answer from davebaol then.

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, you can. You can also just boot the Wiimmfi Patcher using USB, and when you are in the game unplug the USB drive and plug in the LAN adapter. But it would be cool to have support for USB-Loaders and LAN connection simultaneously. But for that I would need a way to properly compile the d2x cIOS.

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After lots of trying around with devkitARM and the d2x cIOS, I finally managed to get the latest version of the d2x cIOS to compile, and the resulting output is completely identical to the released cIOS binaries, except for the compile timestamp. I am currently writing down all my modifications and patches down in a Dockerfile / docker container so other people can compile the cIOS too if they want.

I'm running the compiler on an old Debian Squeeze (Debian 6) install, and it's unlikely that anyone is still using such an old operating system in practice, thus making install instructions without a docker container / VM would be pretty useless, and using a Docker container guarantees that the whole toolchain (devkitARM) is always compiled completely from source on any machine.

When that is done (and when I confirmed that the resulting cIOS works both on the normal Wii and the Wii Mini), I'll post the Dockerfile here in case anyone else wants to work on cIOS, too.

Also, that means I should now be able to continue working on the Mini cIOS, including but not limited to making it compatible with more base IOS, and making one cIOS that works on both Wii and Wii Mini, not two seperate ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi adapters work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Having pizza all day? done it