Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice; hopefully it'll be able to play Pokemon X/Y within the next couple months or so--pretty sure a lot of people on Twitch would appreciate that!

Reactions: Margen67

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice; hopefully it'll be able to play Pokemon X/Y within the next couple months or so--pretty sure a lot of people on Twitch would appreciate that!

I'd say this is extremely unlikely. IF we even get commercial games running in the next couple months, I'm betting that those games in particular won't be up and running correctly for a good long while, as I'm betting that they use all sorts of stuff that probably isn't even documented yet.

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't think a functional emu later running commercial games is possible atm . 3ds is not completely documented

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And in the end, this is the only thing most people are expecting.
This is meant to be a debugger more than a double pirate's emulator.

Not really true either....at the moment, that's what it's absolutely more useful for, however what it's meant to be is a 3ds emulator.

Reactions: Margen67

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, let's say I write something that can run in this emulator. How far away am I from getting that code to run in an ssspwn hacked 3ds?

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to download the installer that specifically says "windows desktop" in the name, not just "windows" its weird I know.

Am I missing something? (pic)
28317.png

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
This is great news. I thought that I will play 3ds games in 10 years or more when 5ds is release (or not) and price of 3ds will be almost free because i can not aford it now. Keep a good work. I am not sure if this can help or maybe you already know but i heard that people from projectpokemon have claimed that they have dumped and examined the 3ds Ram, Arm11 kernel, Slabheap and exception vectors and Arm9 services binary so maybe they can help too so this project can go faster. Anyway thanks for hard work and hopping for great news soon. :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i heard that people from projectpokemon have claimed that they have dumped and examined the 3ds Ram, Arm11 kernel, Slabheap and exception vectors and Arm9 services binary so maybe they can help too so this project can go faster. Anyway thanks for hard work and hopping for great news soon. :)

What did you hear about it is true. Here it is:

Pokemon X/Y RAM Dumping And Editing Completed

Posted at 2014-04-12 23:22:36 GMT by Bond697

Bond697 and Slashmolder have managed to accomplish 2 big goals: Pokemon X/Y RAM has been both dumped and edited. They have managed to dump and edit the FCRAM while inside Pokemon X/Y. Slashmolder gave himself a Hoopa and is doing more general testing and Bond697 ripped the Pokemon X ExeFS to begin reverse engineering. This is the start of datamining efforts and will hopefully result in a good deal of new info. Keep watching this spot for more info!

http://projectpokemon.org/

Click like if you liked it. Cheers! :D

Reactions: Margen67 and Plunt

bunnei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to pop in again and say Thanks for all of the support - the number of people interested in the project has been overwhelming and very motivating! I've had a lot of complaints regarding difficulties building/running Citra, so I've made an effort to update our wiki on github with more information. Additionally, various improvements have been made in the past week to make it easier to run demos (without having to make various tweaks). Nearly 100% of all homebrew apps I've tested are now running without any special configuration :) Some newly supported demos - see st4rk's NES and Chip 8 emulator ports (ARM11) running below:

019.png020.png

Regards,

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone else has been having problems to built citra?
I'm using Kubuntu 14.04 and I can't build it,
Could you guys take a look at the log to see what I'm missing:
Scanning dependencies of target video_core
[ 60%] Building CXX object src/video_core/CMakeFiles/video_core.dir/video_core.cpp.o
In file included from /home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/common/common.h:47:0,
from /home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/video_core/video_core.cpp:5:
/home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/common/platform.h:90:0: warning: "LONG" redefined [enabled by default]
#define LONG long
^
In file included from /home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/common/common.h:43:0,
/home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/common/common_types.h:58:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define LONG int
^
In file included from /home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/common/common.h:47:0,
/home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/common/platform.h:100:0: warning: "MAX_PATH" redefined [enabled by default]
#define MAX_PATH PATH_MAX
^
In file included from /home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/common/common.h:46:0,
/home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/common/common_paths.h:16:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define MAX_PATH 260
^
In file included from /home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/video_core/video_core.cpp:13:0:
/home/vitor/Documentos/citra/src/video_core/renderer_opengl/renderer_opengl.h:7:21: fatal error: GL/glew.h: File or directory not found
#include <GL/glew.h>
^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: ** [src/video_core/CMakeFiles/video_core.dir/video_core.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: ** [src/video_core/CMakeFiles/video_core.dir/all] Error 2
make: ** [all] Error 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all