Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

latios10s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone completed pokemon omega ruby or alpha sapphire the entire game using citra chinese build ?

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It's a closed source version of Citra that apparently gets updated every few days. Can play some games better at a higher fps but no one knows what they do to achieve this.

There is a chrome extension that supports regex called pagemonitor. You can set the check interval (I have mine set to two minutes but you can set it to a day or something as well), put it on the relevant page and it will check if an update has occurred and give you a notification and sound when a new version appears.
black magic. it's all black magic.

junior600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just out of curiosity, I have tested the emulator (chinese build) with my old nvidia gts 250 (geforce 9800 gtx+)... The speed is almost the same as my actual gaming video card (nvidia gtx 960)... This confirms that the emulator requires only a powerful cpu. :) I've also tried with a old geforce 6800 gs, but it doesn't work because it has only opengl 2.0... :(

masaki88

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Please do not use these builds as they break GPLv2. I should really reverse the assembly to see if this contains a malware dropper (I wouldn't be surprised).
So i download it before moderators say about it gpl. On my pc i can use any programs that i want its my right. I not give people builds but myself i will use it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just out of curiosity, I have tested the emulator (chinese build) with my old nvidia gts 250 (geforce 9800 gtx+)... The speed is almost the same as my actual gaming video card (nvidia gtx 960)... This confirms that the emulator requires only a powerful cpu. :) I've also tried with a old geforce 6800 gs, but it doesn't work because it has only opengl 2.0... :(
Its because emulation need power of cpu than gpu.

Last edited by masaki88,

thieftheodore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
OP did you already tried the 2016-06-18 version?

Also, For those who asking the unofficial build, seriously with little search in google you can easily find them. Or maybe because it's chinese build try using chinese term or chinese search engine maybe?

There i've given you enough hint to find it

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm up to Badge 6.
But the fact that quintuplets keeps being brought up suggests that you can get a whole bunch done in game.

Can you explain more on Quintuplets issues?is it bug or error or something else which don't let you go further more after badge 6? :blink: Is better you can upload your video/screenshot ,since i don't understand but i interest with what had you said....

Thank you @masaki88 for creating this thread,anyway ,i think some of the fans (from the official citra thread) still don't know about the existing of this thread,so,i will invite them to join here instead of that official thread if they interest with our topic instead of the official builds ^_^ And again,i strongly encourage you,as the host of this thread ,to invite gdmk to join us,as you know,the chinese can move in fast pace as compared to official group(they had proof themselves in their build as all of you know about that right),so,by working togather with them,i think there is high possibilities that a viable citra emulator version 1 will be accomplished/completed by the end of this year .

Has anyone completed pokemon omega ruby or alpha sapphire the entire game using citra chinese build ?

Actually is not entire oras game is playable with chinese latest build ,for example,the pokemon contest & Magma Quintuplets/Aqua Hide's bug/error still appear on Citra ,btw,your pc cannot boot the game ?or you want make sure it was playable before you embark your game?

Last edited by X Virus,

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain more on Quintuplets issues?is it bug or error or something else which don't let you go further more after badge 6? :blink: Is better you can upload your video/screenshot ,since i don't understand but i interest with what had you said....
I haven't gotten up to the quintuplets but if other people have isn't that basically postgame?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chinese build let you choose languages , let you choose input touch , have giroscope function, speed increase , fullscreen support.... far far than official build sably :( . I don't understand why Citra Team don't put fullscreen , input selection , languages selection to the master branch :-(
Because all the relevant branches they've pulled aren't even done and have issues, Subv's CRO branch is on hold I believe until there's CPU JIT, because that could bring some issues to it and overcomplicate implementing the JIT initially (I believe it also has issues with Sm4sh still), fullscreen is at https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/1753, languages are at https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/1894, input select is at https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/1900. They just aren't done. That's all there is to it. There were unofficial builds with OpenGL graphic acceleration support way back when, same with audio, and now those are merged into master. The issue is that they have to actually take the time to make sure that when adding features that they aren't breaking other games at the same time.

Heck, I have my own personal Citra branches like https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/citra/commits/update_romfs, but it uses awful hacks that I'd never want in master, I just have it for my own testing, debugging and development.

Last edited by shinyquagsire23,

latios10s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have played it up till the 3rd badge I just got secret power to make my own Base. I was worried that it will crash soon. How far do I have to go till I reach the Magma Quintuplets ?

Sent from my SM-N910H

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I defeated the quintuplets in alpha sapphire after lilycove (this is between badge 6 and 7) :P
e48Abmj.png

The trick is to ensure that the battle loads. Just disable the HW renderer in qt-vc as recommended by the other people until the logo shows up :D

Last edited by DestinyFeather,

zoldyck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I defeated the quintuplets in alpha sapphire after lilycove (this is between badge 6 and 7) :P
e48Abmj.png

The trick is to ensure that the battle loads. Just disable the HW renderer in qt-vc as recommended by the other people until the logo shows up :D
I cant even start the game with 10fps :D

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have played it up till the 3rd badge I just got secret power to make my own Base. I was worried that it will crash soon. How far do I have to go till I reach the Magma Quintuplets ?

Sent from my SM-N910H

Don't worry,just save the game whenever necessary........Magma/Aqua Quintuplets part is right after you got your sixth badge

I cant even start the game with 10fps :D

10 fps?What is the spec of your pc?;) 2 gb ram? Intel HD graphic?

e48Abmj.png

You play alpha sapphire?I thought you play star sapphire........anyway,i think original oras is much easy to beat the game :rolleyes:

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You play alpha sapphire?I thought you play star sapphire........anyway,i think original oras is much easy to beat the game :rolleyes:
I was playing star until I realised that alpha worked. I think that speedruns on the easier version are better until citra is more stable. I've had enough of hard games after Pokemon Zeta/Omicron and Insurgence and I think it would be interesting to find where the bugs/crashes are.

Last edited by DestinyFeather,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls