Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

LenGaL

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I don't even know if I can ask for help in this topic, but no one else seems to want to answer to me anyway so...
Can some of you take time and give me some sort of answer, just a yes or no would be fine really,
thank you.

Here is my problem, there is a way, in the game to recruit characters in the ziku kan radar (street pass) that uses wifi to work. The more wifi you got, the more chances you get, to find good characters.
So, I was asking myself if I could add false wifi signals or even use a real wifi card to get more signals. I searched in citra files but I didn’t find anything I could mess with.

Is there a way to do such a thing ?

Thanks for reading! (Sorry if I made mistakes, im French be indulgent :))
(Ps : "it0" never moves but the first one seems to change every time.
preuve.jpg

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kek. Latest Canary Build is faster than drwhojan's build?
No. Seriously. I booted Smash 3DS with mods and it runs faster than the recent drwhojan's build or other builds.

I think got some think to do with the latest texcadge2, and why Phanto-m deleted his Threads-vtx I'v no idea..

Even these black icons are not normal, Until un-inlarge reinlarge, Then they become normal.
64566545.jpg

Edit: can you check ?
Edit: New Link Below

Last edited by drwhojan,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: AceofZeroz

Urdaneta09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I made two videos to show a comparison of MH4U running on the last compilations of drwhojan and valentinvanelslande:

Anyway there is a notable difference between the frameskip of the two versions, I do not know the technically why, but the build of valentinvanelslande seems smoother, also there is a graphic correction in the Aptonoth cutscene. In the video the difference of frameskip is more noticeable during the movement in the village, but when playing I can say that neither of the two is still fluid enough to play well, especially when hunting in fact.

I think the graphic fix with valentin is beacuse this https://github.com/valentinvanelslande/citra/commit/bf220df9262fddd7b7544f88d4a2cd75d6d4187b
that fix the blur broken effect in scenes
a conversation about that graphic problem here https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/issues/3287

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: Build Done, See if this is better for speed are not..

MinGw: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Jhno591/citra/build/1.0.76/job/0hy5tdst7bxyn6vb/artifacts

MSVC: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Jhno591/citra/build/1.0.76/job/ffdxbtmvvxe05c62/artifacts

As for Speed goes Newer branches for texcadge2 getting worse then the older ones xd.
Eyy! Smash 3DS runs better. Got 45FPS on my WIP Onett Stage(previously, it was 25FPS).

Anyways, there will be an update on the NCCH Archive soon related to Smash Bros mods and stuff because when I load one character mod and select 4 characters, emulator froze but the 3DS doesn't. Welp. Hopefully, SQ will fix it soon.

ex220

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
is there any difference between the .zip and .7z one? or it is the same build?

Attachments

• snip1.PNG
    snip1.PNG
    1.8 KB · Views: 184

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@drwhojan outline upscaling is back in 1.0.76
Eyy! Smash 3DS runs better. Got 45FPS on my WIP Onett Stage(previously, it was 25FPS).

Anyways, there will be an update on the NCCH Archive soon related to Smash Bros mods and stuff because when I load one character mod and select 4 characters, emulator froze but the 3DS doesn't. Welp. Hopefully, SQ will fix it soon.

So his older branch is OK with upscaling and speed, and was not what I thought to fix it.., it's in this branch somewhere then
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/compare/master...Phanto-m:texcache2

Also mixed in into my build with texcadge ^^^
https://github.com/valentinvanelslande/citra/commit/bf220df9262fddd7b7544f88d4a2cd75d6d4187b

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
is there any difference between the .zip and .7z one? or it is the same build?
They're all the same build I assume. Some people are too annoyed to use WinRAR because of the "Trial Version expires" pop-up that WinRAR have while others use 7Zip for not having a trial version. I mean, as long as you have WinRAR, download the .zip file. I don't know why 7Zip users complain and request the uploader to change format.

Reactions: drwhojan

asutoroUmario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made two videos to show a comparison of MH4U running on the last compilations of drwhojan and valentinvanelslande:

Anyway there is a notable difference between the frameskip of the two versions, I do not know the technically why, but the build of valentinvanelslande seems smoother, also there is a graphic correction in the Aptonoth cutscene. In the video the difference of frameskip is more noticeable during the movement in the village, but when playing I can say that neither of the two is still fluid enough to play well, especially when hunting in fact.

Let's use the older version.
It should work comfortably like this movie.

Urdaneta09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pokemon ORAS have slightly better fps 2-4+ and outline with upscaling is perfect

Thank you, I think i'll stick with the old branch of texcadge2 until jroweboy gets about to fixing up his
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/3281

Making the Speed die, Although last post don't think so on that page.. But he's got a little habit of forgetting his old branches over his new ones, lest see..
Maybe upscale was take out for some think else issues..
--

Sadly my build will only boot New 3DS HomeHenu, and not the Old, But will the Old Games and N3DS Games, As it's Now running in N2/3DS Mode.

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: xmeee978

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
build breaks framepacing, the 25fps is 100% while it is not really 100%

Can't win, Without it certain games may brake.. like Photo shop in pokemon s/m

So it look like a future stable core in Citra, might fix both.
As I say I'm mostly a merger, not a programmer.. I only give slight bits a crack at.

Although it's a build that can run more games then any!, Mostly the N3DS games.

Most I could do is just have a go at the core timing, could be "nanoseconds" thing.

Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: no need 4 it, removed.

warweeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't win, Without it certain games may brake.. like Photo shop in pokemon s/m

So it look like a future stable core in Citra, might fix both.
As I say I'm mostly a merger, not a programmer.. I only give slight bits a crack at.

Although it's a build that can run more games then any!, Mostly the N3DS games.

Most I could do is just have a go at the core timing, could be "nanoseconds" thing.
-------
Edit:

But if you like Perfection!, lol.

View attachment 110902

Like i said earlier, i already have a 3DS, i just want to play the games on a big screen, the 3ds screen is a bit small and it is just not comfortable to play on for a longer period of time.

i just give feedback based of a new build, nothing more, nothing less.
And "perfection" is already obtainable for me on the earlier builds, so i am good on that front (i do noit play pokemon um/us or smash, or mario maker, so all those games having problems do not affect me) i just wanted a faster build from those, but it seems i need to be patient again and wait for 6 to 12 months for decent improvements.

last year i had a build with good speeds that dated back in january of 2017, and eventually somewhere in october there was a build posted here that was superior to that one, so maybe this will be the same case.

Reactions: xmeee978

NiagA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Like i said earlier, i already have a 3DS, i just want to play the games on a big screen, the 3ds screen is a bit small and it is just not comfortable to play on for a longer period of time.

And "perfection" is already obtainable for me on the earlier builds, so i am good on that front (i do noit play pokemon um/us or smash, or mario maker, so all those games having problems do not affect me) i just wanted a faster build from those, but it seems i need to be patient again and wait for 6 to 12 months for decent improvements.

last year i had a build with good speeds that dated back in january of 2017, and eventually somewhere in october there was a build posted here that was superior to that one, so maybe this will be the same case.
Yes, come back in about twelve months...so maybe citra is not better optimized.

EQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

If screen is your problem there are homebrews to stream and ds4 support, it turns the 3ds into a tv console. No real point struggling with a mediocre emulator when you can have perfection, full speed and the entire library

Last edited by EQQ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu