Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Urdaneta09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
oh man! playing super mario odyssey on pc will be very awesome! XD
i just hope they dont stop working in citra always somebody asking for how is optimized the emulator they always said "the emu is not optimized yet and blablabla" so now i losting these hopes now for monster hunter games for example is slow even in High-end pc (especially the 4U) xDD

Reactions: JPXZ and xmeee978

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol. I've already heard about this like 10 hours ago. Heck, I went to the server. I know it's too damn early, but we'll just wait for Homebrew Launcher to release in public for the Switch. Right now, I don't have a Switch yet and I really want to get one so badly. But sadly, not enough money to save up(my bank account have the same amount as the price tag for the Switch + a Switch game). :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, guys. Don't freak out. I mean, both are open source. Which means that other people with hacking and reverse engineering experience could help make the emulator.

They still do Citra. Don't get paranoid.

Reactions: JPXZ and xmeee978

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
and citra devs said they don't want unofficial drama for yuzu again
Ofc. Respect them pls like how you respect Whamen!

Anyways, I think they don't want unofficial builds is because it might lead to misleading videos and websites with viruses. If you want unofficial build, distribute it privately.

Take note that it is too early to have a Switch Emulator and only ONE game boots on that emulator. So, I suggest to only get the Master Build(once it's out or someone to trust with compiling builds. I could basically do that, but I don't know if compiling is similar to Citra or not).

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yay Compiled.
http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/POzYr3xO/file.html

756765756.jpg

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Too bad it's useless to use it since there's no public leak of dumped Switch games or even any Switch Homebrew games.
BTW. Is compiling similar to Citra or nah?

I see, well best to grab a copy while can anyways ;) .

Yes, but only msvc2017 , I forked a other branch from JFR, deleted folder / started a fresh with Cmake, on MSVC again compiled right away no errors.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
damn. beat me to it.

It can be tricky, but it can be done, I had errors on first try, so gone for a refresh with jayfoxrox branch, on delete of build folder and re-cmake , compiled no issues.

some issues can happen regarding the externals / unicorn-yuzu folder

Last edited by drwhojan,
Reactions: xmeee978

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
It can be tricky, but it can be done, I had errors on first try, so gone for a refresh with jayfoxrox branch, on delete of build folder and re-cmake , compiled no issues.

some issues can happen regarding the externals / unicorn-yuzu folder
i got errors on cmake min version, now just finished updating it, so i will rebuild.

Reactions: drwhojan

NiagA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ofc. Respect them pls like how you respect Whamen!

Anyways, I think they don't want unofficial builds is because it might lead to misleading videos and websites with viruses. If you want unofficial build, distribute it privately.

Take note that it is too early to have a Switch Emulator and only ONE game boots on that emulator. So, I suggest to only get the Master Build(once it's out or someone to trust with compiling builds. I could basically do that, but I don't know if compiling is similar to Citra or not).
in the end everything is Citra or Yuzu man official or unofficial.
Thanks bro

Last edited by NiagA,
Reactions: AceofZeroz

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bug fixing is too boring and doesn't provide enough of attention, I guess

Its only been bunnei and a few others who worked on this. Most people are still working on citra. I've put in about 4 hours into yuzu, merry did about a weeks worth of work on dynarmic to get it to work for the switch cpu. shes still going to keep plugging away at it as theres lots to do for that. subv put in a week of work on getting graphics support. bunnei's been working off and on for the last 6 months or so.

(I get that you are probably just making a joke, but i'm just clearing it up for others who might not know)

In other news, I can't wait to reveal the next big thing for citra. <3 the goal was to reveal it a few weeks ago around christmas, but we found some major issues with it at the last second :( people will be *very* pleased when it comes out though. No timeline estimate as we don't know what to do about the major issue yet.

and citra devs said they don't want unofficial drama for yuzu again

i'm always trying to find ways to make both sides of the fence happy; the users that want the fastest citra, and the devs that want quality code. In the past, I've helped answer questions in the thread and gave tips on how to make better builds when i had the time, but I got busy and had to stop. But I'm still looking for solutions to keep both parties happy, and heres a thought i had, (and its just a thought, nothing official or anything) What if citra hosted a "Community Builds" section on the website, where we can host the builds from people who've been known to make good builds? I know theres a lotta people in this thread that spend a good chunk of time to keep old branches up to date, and merge, and build. Instead of keeping them off the discord and forums, what if citra was open about them and linked to them (provided they respect the license by linking the source code and don't ship files that are illegal) even on the website? The goal would be to include the "unofficial" builds as a part of the "official" community. Theres far too much misinformation going around about what an unofficial build actually is, and maybe the right first step is to be more inclusive.

Its just a thought right now, but its a conversation i'm having with the other developers as well. The only reason unofficial builds started is because there were simple ways to make things faster/more playable that don't meet the quality expectations of the project. So with yuzu getting its first little publicity, I really wanted to avoid the same conflict that citra has between devs and users. It shouldn't be an "us vs them" thing. I hope this clarifies what it means that we want to avoid unofficial drama. We don't want to cause a rift in the community, and would much rather find a common way to work together.

Too bad it's useless to use it since there's no public leak of dumped Switch games or even any Switch Homebrew games.

BTW. Is compiling similar to Citra or nah?

compiling is almost exactly the same as citra. just don't forget to check the box for bundled unicorn

xmeee978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Welp. Going back to 3DS related stuff.

Has anyone tried Kirby: Battle Royale?

finally someone notice the kirby games! lol

anyway:

battle royale has no music,just sound effects...

in blowout blast,the sky is gray while the clouds has the colors from it,lags as well...
bandicam 2018-01-14 23-07-55-205.jpg

planet robobot still lags a lot when try to play from what i see...

triple deluxe works well,but in lv 6 royal road in the secret moon room,has this problem of render the screen with the bottom screen:
bandicam 2017-12-30 23-59-38-973.jpg

fighters deluxe seems ok for the most of it...

overall,the has lags in then,the only one that is almost at decent speed is the triple deluxe and a little bit from fighters deluxe,i didn't see
Dedede's Drum Dash yet so i can't say about it...

EDIT: a funny thing: if you put any other language in emulated region others than auto-select,in team kirby clash deluxe, all words disappeared and just stays the "?" everywhere!

Last edited by xmeee978,
Reactions: Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
finally someone notice the kirby games! lol

anyway:

battle royale has no music,just sound effects...

in blowout blast,the sky is gray while the clouds has the colors from it,lags as well...
View attachment 111208

planet robobot still lags a lot when try to play from what i see...

triple deluxe works well,but in lv 6 royal road in the secret moon room,has this problem of render the screen with the bottom screen:
View attachment 111207

fighters deluxe seems ok for the most of it...

overall,the has lags in then,the only one that is almost at decent speed is the triple deluxe and a little bit from fighters deluxe,i didn't see
Dedede's Drum Dash yet so i can't say about it...

EDIT: a funny thing: if you put any other language in emulated region others than auto-select,in team kirby clash deluxe, all words disappeared and just stays the "?" everywhere!
Alright! Thanks for the screenshot! So I assume Battle Royale have similar issue from X/Y. Not the freeze part in X/Y. The no background music and only plays sound effects.

Going back to the Switch topic...
upload_2018-1-15_10-23-39.png

This is fake BTW. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But seriously, if you want to play Sonic Mania, play it on PC lol. Anyways, there's no leaked dumped of Sonic Mania Switch game yet. Again, go play Mania on PC!

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright! Thanks for the screenshot! So I assume Battle Royale have similar issue from X/Y. Not the freeze part in X/Y. The no background music and only plays sound effects.

Going back to the Switch topic...
View attachment 111209
This is fake BTW. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But seriously, if you want to play Sonic Mania, play it on PC lol. Anyways, there's no leaked dumped of Sonic Mania Switch game yet. Again, go play Mania on PC!
3 / 10 good fake. not enough crashing / graphics glitches for it to be real :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.