Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
6 gb of ram intel hd x ATI Radeon

But what is your Processor?That is the most important element if you are on chinese build right?...you know chinese build depend on it no matter whatever graphic card do you have,RAM should be make some little bit different unless you have 8gb - 16gb ,like those who use i7 intel core able to run chinese build with almost the same speed as the consoles.

Last edited by X Virus,

zoldyck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
But what is your Processor?That is the most important element if you are on chinese build right?...you know chinese build depend on it no matter whatever graphic card do you have,RAM make some little bit different ,like those who use i7 intel core able to run chinese build with almost the same speed as the consoles.
just have core i3

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
just have core i3

I think in future the official citra will released a stable version of 3ds emulator which can be run well in all sort of pc no matter low end pc or good spec pc,but,if possible you using a desktop ,since you may upgrade your stuff with much easier and then its processor can run game with smooth as compare to laptop...

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a bit too early to run Citra on i3/5. Framerate is probably too low but you could always try.

The GPU barely seems to make any sort of difference (It seems to add 0-2 frames to the FPS though). Here are the NVIDIA settings I'm trialling though. http://i.imgur.com/4b25Iiu.png I've noticed that most of the laptops being sold this year have very weak i3/i5/atom/core M. The 6th gen intel processors are barely any better than the 5th generation ones, in fact some seem to be worse to preserve battery life. (be careful of applications like the Intel Thermal Framework because I'm pretty sure they reduce the processor speed to prevent heat production.)

masaki88

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Pokemon x and y was released in year 2013 ,but seems like the other games released on the same year somehow able to run better than that X & Y ,so, @masaki88 can you ask gdmk what is the trouble with that?maybe he don't have a solution but can you ask him is it the hardware renderer/shader JIT 's cause the blackscreen or what ?Lastly,how is the progression of chinese citra build ,from where we can check the progression(i mean not the site where we can find the build,just i want the site where i can check progression without the chinese build )?Do you ask gdmk all of it?
I invite him here that is all. I don t want send all messages what you want Its boring and by the way he is not here yet so i think he is not interesing work with citra team.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I invite him here that is all. I don t want send all messages what you want Its boring and by the way he is not here yet so i think he is not interesing work with citra team.

:DOkay boss ! :yay: by the way you try what game on citra recently? :blink:

Last edited by X Virus,

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
:creep: @wwylele , by referring to this https://github.com/wwylele/citra/tree/cro++ ,we know that you are currently re-writing cro for citra team,anyway,it is impossible for us to understand everything on that github right?:wacko:so,can you explain how is the progression on your cro branch ? After you finished it up then will you merge the new cro to which build?master build,nightly build as well as chinese build right?:huh: why don't you work together with gdmk & Yumi-Hack to update cro branch instead of just clean up that stuff?

Last edited by X Virus,

3DSpls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think it's a bit too early to run Citra on i3/5. Framerate is probably too low but you could always try.

The GPU barely seems to make any sort of difference (It seems to add 0-2 frames to the FPS though). Here are the NVIDIA settings I'm trialling though. http://i.imgur.com/4b25Iiu.png I've noticed that most of the laptops being sold this year have very weak i3/i5/atom/core M. The 6th gen intel processors are barely any better than the 5th generation ones, in fact some seem to be worse to preserve battery life. (be careful of applications like the Intel Thermal Framework because I'm pretty sure they reduce the processor speed to prevent heat production.)
Citra atm is only bad optimized, cuz u don't will think a 3DS game requires more resources than a pc game?
And an original 3DS console have more power than pc? :unsure:

Last edited by 3DSpls,

tywald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by tywald,

3DSpls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Accuracy needs more power than you'd think ^^ Here is an explantion why, regarding accurate snes emulation: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/...-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

Same principles for other emulators(most likely).
Yes, accuracy ik. But for now the performance are very low for this emulator, don't u think? I have i5 3570K, Gtx 970, 8Gb ram and i run many 3ds games at 15 fps... and my cpu usage is around 20%?
For this i had say is bad optimized atm, and GPU is irrelevant too...ffs

tywald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, accuracy ik. But for now the performance are very low for this emulator, don't u think? I have i5 3570K, Gtx 970, 8Gb ram and i run many 3ds games at 15 fps... and my cpu usage is around 20%?
For this i had say is bad optimized atm, and GPU is irrelevant too...ffs

Yes, but you seem to forget that this emulator isn't really in a playable state yet but we are getting there.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citra is going to be much like PCSX2/Dolphin where its the IPC that counts more than Raw Speed, (IPC=Instructions per ClockCycle) and for AMD Users you will ALWAYS be behind the Curve on that.

DaMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no recompiler so CPU emulation is going to be slow AF. Being semi-playable with an interpreter is an impressive feat in itself (or just reinforces the fact that Nintendo uses slow CPUs).

JudyDoots92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is basically worthless if there's not even any links to the mentioned unofficial builds... lol
The OP is probably using Google Translate by the looks of it.
Um why was this thread created, again?

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citra is going to be much like PCSX2/Dolphin where its the IPC that counts more than Raw Speed, (IPC=Instructions per ClockCycle) and for AMD Users you will ALWAYS be behind the Curve on that.
AMDs got a chance to catch up if the next generation of intel processors offer no improvements in clock speed like Skylake.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is basically worthless if there's not even any links to the mentioned unofficial builds... lol
The OP is probably using Google Translate by the looks of it.
Um why was this thread created, again?
mods deemed it Against the rules and Citra's Dev team's wishe sto link to these builds as they Break GPL Liscensing its not that hard to google-search em,

AMDs got a chance to catch up if the next generation of intel processors offer no improvements in clock speed like Skylake.
not really not only is AMD STILL for the APU Series using the FX "Module" Arch, (meaning not True quad/6/8cores) but you dont understand what IPC means, to put it in tl;dr terms its how many instructions the CPU can execute that clock cycle ( think like this an Intel CPU with a higher IPC than say its competing AMD CPU Model, can come to " what = 20?" by adding 2+2 over and over adding the last to the next, 10 times where the AMD CPU w/ a Lower IPC would take comming to what =20 is by adding 1+1 20 times)

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really not only is AMD STILL for the APU Series using the FX "Module" Arch, (meaning not True quad/6/8cores) but you dont understand what IPC means, to put it in tl;dr terms its how many instructions the CPU can execute that clock cycle ( think like this an Intel CPU with a higher IPC than say its competing AMD CPU Model, can come to " what = 20?" by adding 2+2 over and over adding the last to the next, 10 times where the AMD CPU w/ a Lower IPC would take comming to what =20 is by adding 1+1 20 times)
That's sad. Intel basically owns the market now and can do whatever it likes. Seeing the entire laptop market essentially filled with i3s and i5s that barely offer any improvement over last generation's cores is really disappointing to see.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's sad. Intel basically owns the market now and can do whatever it likes. Seeing the entire laptop market essentially filled with i3s and i5s that barely offer any improvement over last generation's cores is really disappointing to see.

AMD Still has a chance if they get thier heads outta thier asses and pour some $$ into R&D, ANYWAY getting back on topic this topics more less for discussion inusing these builds what build update fixes a game improves speed etc or what breaks , since the offical Citra devs have expressed thier wishes about these.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.