Votes: 128 51.0%

• Total voters

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But many of the mentioned flaws, could have also been intentional as far as programming goes, as well. From a techonological standpoint, they could easily have been debunked...

I'm literally just saying.
But that still doesn't make it pessimistic. You were being too optimistic, and blinded yourself to even seeing any flaws, let alone accepting there was even a possibility it was fake. And in the process you called anyone who pointed out flaws as potential evidence against it being real pessimistic because you didn't want them to be right. You wanted it to be real so badly you resorted to basically name calling

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that still doesn't make it pessimistic. You were being too optimistic, and blinded yourself to even seeing any flaws, let alone accepting there was even a possibility it was fake. And in the process you called anyone who pointed out flaws as potential evidence against it being real pessimistic because you didn't want them to be right. You wanted it to be real so badly you resorted to basically name calling
Not really. If there's absolutely nothing to be seen as "fake" for example, then there's no reason to doubt. People were looking for reasons to doubt. That, for example, is pessimism.

I'm not going to sit here and discuss the fucking definition of pessimism to people over GBAtemp :P

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. If there's absolutely nothing to be seen as "fake" for example, then there's no reason to doubt. People were looking for reasons to doubt. That, for example, is pessimism.

I'm not going to sit here and discuss the fucking definition of pessimism to people over GBAtemp :P
Again you seem to think skepticism is the same thing as pessimism. You can be optimistic that its real while still being willing to see and accept flaw. Being unwilling to even consider the multiple flaws as a potential proof of fake is essentially denialism. To be mentally healthy you need skepticism to differentiate fact from fiction.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did no one ask why someone would make a video like that?
I don't think they would show new features off with a tv recorded by a Camera. Its 2018, Capture Card's exist.
It makes no sence that someone would record it with such a "cheap" setup (and even publish it?)

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if it's been said but this has been confirmed fake by its creator. They posted the high quality video as proof on their Twitter. Can't find a link atm though since I'm on my phone.
I'd love to see a step-by-step guide as to how he did it. He looks like a kid, not a professional.

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many people in this thread:
"Why would they fake that?"
"It's too well done to be fake."
"Stop being a pessimistic troll."

It was fake as soon as the g's were inconsistent, the room they filmed it in was dark, the buttons were glitching in size, storage size was inconsistent.

Next time a leak happens, don't act out of denial and flame people just for making reasonable points that don't agree with yours. Do some research, look for yourselves, and there's a good chance it was probably fake. Fake leaks were literally a meme of 2015 with the rayman smashbros leak.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Next time a leak happens, don't act out of denial and flame people just for making reasonable points that don't agree with yours. Do some research, look for yourselves, and there's a good chance it was probably fake. Fake leaks were literally a meme of 2015 with the rayman smashbros leak.
The G's were the only reasonable points though. From what I heard anyway. Concept icons, placeholders and folder names are not reasonable points for it being fake. What's your problem though? It wasn't a toxic debate, just fun speculation lol, what's wrong with that? People on this forum always seem to get triggered by people speculating, and I don't get that.

Now, however, there is only one face that can convey my feelings

Last edited by Shadowfied,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The G's were the only reasonable points though. From what I heard anyway. Concept icons, placeholders and folder names are not reasonable points for it being fake. What's your problem though? It wasn't a toxic debate, just fun speculation lol, what's wrong with that? People on this forum always seem to get triggered by people speculating, and I don't get that.

Now, however, there is only one face that can convey my feelings
There were other points, like the button that changes size. And there was one person calling anyone who even pointed out these flaws pessimistic and called them other names, and otherwise being generally toxic towards those who even dared to actually analyze the video for irregularities because "that's being pessimistic". You obviously haven't seen the entire thread.

Reactions: TGLaw and NewMaxx

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
There were other points, like the button that changes size. And there was one person calling anyone who even pointed out these flaws pessimistic and called them other names, and otherwise being generally toxic towards those who even dared to actually analyze the video for irregularities because "that's being pessimistic". You obviously haven't seen the entire thread.
I've been around for like 10 pages of this thread. Literally all the points that were brought up while GBAtemp felt like still notifying me of posts here, were just the game size. Oh and that one guy who said it was fake because the media apps had a gap in between lmao.
Well, then the lesson for next time is friendly speculation, not to stop speculate :-)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again you seem to think skepticism is the same thing as pessimism. You can be optimistic that its real while still being willing to see and accept flaw. Being unwilling to even consider the multiple flaws as a potential proof of fake is essentially denialism. To be mentally healthy you need skepticism to differentiate fact from fiction.
Skepticism can be chocked up to pessimsim, but not vice versa. Also, there's a such thing as healthy skepticism", which the frequent members of this bored seem to go overboard with; hence, pessimism.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skepticism can be chocked up to pessimsim, but not vice versa. Also, there's a such thing as healthy skepticism", which the frequent members of this bored seem to go overboard with; hence, pessimism.
I was watching the thread. Most of those you called pessimistic came to a logical conclusion that it may be fake once the evidence started being found. It's not being pessimistic, it's being realistic. Pessimism can be bad, but being overly-optimistic can also be bad. It caused you to essentially ignore any valid points people made which you could only fight with "your just being pessimistic". Your optimism blinded you from one of the outcomes of this leak, which is that it could have been fake. You can be optimistic while still being realistic and willing to actually analyze facts instead of ignoring and pushing them away. You don't seem to comprehend that.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

OP
it blows my mind that this dude would put so much work into making a fake leak that looked so real like surley this had to have taken alot of time and couldnt be done in a matter of minutes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup