OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you got some cash to burn, here is my build that can nuke botw easy
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/CgzYcf
This amout of power isn't necessary for botw ^^ And i don't have a lot of money
For what you are trying to achieve, overclocking isn't really necessary.
I had an FX-8320 and got stable 4GHz with a rather cheap motherboard... But as I said, you shouldn't care about that as long as your rig gets the job done. And it will. Trust me. Your GPU might rather be the limiting factor in games.
I'm not sure for botw with an amd cpu stock, so, tell me if i'm wrong, but my motherboard shoudn't be a problem. I know the 1050ti is good enough for Cemu, and i'm not interested in a lot of pc games.

Last edited by Mat37,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi ! I want to know how much wold cost building a pc strong enough to play BOTW at 30fps
Please let me know the sot of every object needed.
I know a i7-7700 cup is about $300
I mean in terms of compatibility, cuz i'm a noob in this domain
protips, don't get a 1500 watts powersuply, and a 200 bucks mobo

get the cheapest mobo you find (they don't have impact in performance, unless you going to overclock which i am going to assume you won't you didn't put a K in ya processor)
if you going with 1 GPU, a 650 watts power supply is more than enough, if you plan to add more GPUS in the long run, you can go for a 700-750watts.
"80 plus, silver gold, platinum etc" is just the efficiency metter of the power supply, it only means you will save a little money in electricity. a gold power suply vs a silver one, just means the gold wastes a little less electricity, don't think a platinum one will be better for the computer or some bullshit like that, it makes no difference.
get a reliable from a good brand cheap one
ram prices currently are too high, it will stay like this until 2019 probably... dont waste ya money in very high frequency ram, ddr4 is really fast, performance you get per buck above 2400Mhz is burned money

tell me if ya need more tips

Last edited by migles,

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
protips, don't get a 1500 watts powersuply, and a 200 bucks mobo

get the cheapest mobo you find (they don't have impact in performance, unless you going to overclock which i am going to assume you won't you didn't put a K in ya processor)
if you going with 1 GPU, a 650 watts power supply is more than enough, if you plan to add more GPUS in the long run, you can go for a 700-750watts.
"80 plus, silver gold, platinum etc" is just the efficiency metter of the power supply, it only means you will save a little money in electricity. a gold power suply vs a silver one, just means the gold wastes a little less electricity, don't think a platinum one will be better for the computer or some bullshit like that, it makes no difference.
get a reliable from a good brand cheap one
ram prices currently are too high, it will stay like this until 2019 probably... dont waste ya money in very high frequency ram, ddr4 is really fast, performance you get per buck above 2400Mhz is burned money

tell me if ya need more tips
I think that's good, thanks :P But the think is that i already have RAM, CPU, cooler and motherboard brought.

Reactions: migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I think that's good, thanks :P But the think is that i already have RAM, CPU, cooler and motherboard brought.
if you going with the i7-7700 you wouldn't need a cooler, the box already has one :C
you should had waited to see if the stock cooler would be enough with your setup and then get a better one later, but yeah i guess!

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 2 Tb Seagate HDD for around $58 'used' on Amazon which was a better buyout than my 1 Tb WD HDD I bought brand new for $59.99. You might be able to cut some edges and put them on better parts if you get some used. I bought my PC was before the mining spike so listing the prices seems irrelevant.

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No finally i don't have the 7700k, i have the fx8350 which has an higher TDP and a freakin loud cooler that doesn't cool that much
And for the drive i will keep mine

Reactions: migles

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's me again,
Is size of the cpu cooler the only thing that will make it compatible with the case or is there another thing ? cuz ui have the hyper TX3 evo and for the case i'll may take the Zalman Z3, but pcpartpicker tells me that it's unable to check compatibility between both. I'm pretty sure the cooler will fit in the case, so that's why i ask.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's me again,
Is size of the cpu cooler the only thing that will make it compatible with the case or is there another thing ? cuz ui have the hyper TX3 evo and for the case i'll may take the Zalman Z3, but pcpartpicker tells me that it's unable to check compatibility between both. I'm pretty sure the cooler will fit in the case, so that's why i ask.
It's the height of it, yeah

Reactions: vinstage

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Now i've all of the components, i've a problem, on my graphic card (MSI GTX1050 Ti 4GT), i can't see the 6 or 8-bin connector. Is it possible the card is powered by the motherboard ? Here's a pic of the card if you don't know.
msi-carte-graphique-geforce-r-gtx-1050-ti-4gt-oc.jpg

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup looks like its powered by the motherboard only, the mounting and soldering points are still on the pcd for the plug so not sure why msi just didnt put it on

Pz48yIm.png

Last edited by Joe88,

lampdemon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I built mine for around $1400 about 6 months ago. It includes an i7 6700k + 1070 Hyrbid.

The build could've been cheaper if I didn't also get an SSD(boot drive) and water-cooler for the cpu.

Edit: Ram and GPU prices seem to have skyrocketed.

Last edited by lampdemon,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup looks like its powered by the motherboard only, the mounting and soldering points are still on the pcd for the plug so not sure why msi just didnt put it on

Pz48yIm.png
They're probably re-using the same PCB from a higher-end card to reduce cost. I haven't seen a card manufacturer (recently, at least) put a power connector on a card that draws less than 75 watts

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've nearly finished my build, i just need to install hard drive (i can't cuz i'm using it right now) Here's a (poor quality, sorry) picture of what it looks like now. Please tell me if it's wrong or right and what i can improve If you need more tell me and i'll post tomorrow, gotta go sleep now.

Attachments

• 20180108_232508.jpg
    20180108_232508.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by Mat37,

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Just get a Wii U or a Switch to play BOTW. Besides, emulating games, even on a $5000 PC is always going to give a subpar experience. Emulation is never as reliable as playing the game on it's native hardware. Most emulated games are full of glitches and inconsistencies. From what I have seen, BOTW on CEMU is no exception when it comes to these glitches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've nearly finished my build, i just need to install hard drive (i can't cuz i'm using it right now) Here's a (poor quality, sorry) picture of what it looks like now. Please tell me if it's wrong or right and what i can improve If you need more tell me and i'll post tomorrow, gotta go sleep now.
You should have gone with a full atx motherboard, and a stronger power supply if you ever plan on using dual, triple, or quad gpus. 800-1000W should be a minimum for any good gaming computer imo. You may not plan to use more graphics cards now, but given how quickly gpu's become outdated, adding a second or third gpu is something that most PC gamers will want to do as the years go by. It's a lot cheaper to add additional gpu's than it is to rebuild the PC from the ground up once your original configuration starts to become outdated.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D'aw, that lil 1050 is so cute!

Reactions: Mat37

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I have heard of the Fallout TV series. Many people thought it was good.