Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

D

Deletedmember331810

Don't bump posts just because they haven't gotten a response. It's likely nobody can answer that.

Yes, it can be answered, but thanks for not providing any useful information and trying to derail my request.

EDIT: If there is not a set available, I will make one to go along with the Mastershoes Apple II collection on DU for WiiFlow.

Last edited by ,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it can be answered, but thanks for not providing any useful information and trying to derail my request.

EDIT: If there is not a set available, I will make one to go along with the Mastershoes Apple II collection on DU for WiiFlow.

What do you want? For everyone to reply and say "I don't know?"

D

Deletedmember331810

There is currently no Apple II set. Or Sinclair/Spectrum, or NEC PC-8801. Any contributions are welcome!

Cool, man. You have templates for the unfinished sets? No big deal if you do not, just figured I'd ask.

Thanks for your input and response(s)!

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, man. You have templates for the unfinished sets? No big deal if you do not, just figured I'd ask.

Thanks for your input and response(s)!

No, I don't have anything started for those sets yet. If you end up putting anything together just post them here and i'll get them added. :)

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mastershoes, thank you for your awesome work. I've been enjoying your cover sets posted here, for a long time.

For the past few weeks, I've been meticulously working on creating my own covers, mostly for the PC Engine and the Super Famicom.

I've created custom flows within WiiFlow to accommodate for the Super Famicom's box taller size, shaped like a VHS box. I've also tweaked the currently existing jewel case emuflow here to what I find to look much more accurate, as well as making black and white spine templates from it.

The Super Famicom covers are split between 2 plugins I've made, one for the vertical boxes, the other for the horizontal boxes. The PC Engine source is just made to display both HuCards and SuperCDs in 1 plugin.

I've got source menu buttons made for these, as well as their own .ogg sounds.

I'd like to eventually make another SNES plugin/source for Satellaview, with its own cover template, exhibiting a title screen screenshot and logo on the front, with some standard info about it on the back.

If you're interested in any of this, please let me know. I'll make it a point to upload what I currently have soon if you like, although it's far from complete still.

There should be some examples down below.

851ED76E-4CA5-4758-B665-6A61B10CD18A_zpswx7qx0tr.jpg
6D027052-7299-4F68-9559-5DBA32000449_zpsqjhxd4dl.jpg
2D25A7FA-2996-4719-960F-7F179463244F_zpshhizbec1.jpg

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mastershoes, thank you for your awesome work. I've been enjoying your cover sets posted here, for a long time.

For the past few weeks, I've been meticulously working on creating my own covers, mostly for the PC Engine and the Super Famicom.

I've created custom flows within WiiFlow to accommodate for the Super Famicom's box taller size, shaped like a VHS box. I've also tweaked the currently existing jewel case emuflow here to what I find to look much more accurate, as well as making black and white spine templates from it.

The Super Famicom covers are split between 2 plugins I've made, one for the vertical boxes, the other for the horizontal boxes. The PC Engine source is just made to display both HuCards and SuperCDs in 1 plugin.

I've got source menu buttons made for these, as well as their own .ogg sounds.

I'd like to eventually make another SNES plugin/source for Satellaview, with its own cover template, exhibiting a title screen screenshot and logo on the front, with some standard info about it on the back.

If you're interested in any of this, please let me know. I'll make it a point to upload what I currently have soon if you like, although it's far from complete still.
Always down to add new things to the thread, feel free to send me whatever (or post here) and I will add them when i get the time. I'm pretty sure @mightymuffy will be particularly stoked about the Super Famicon Covers/Coverflow! XD

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Always down to add new things to the thread, feel free to send me whatever (or post here) and I will add them when i get the time. I'm pretty sure @mightymuffy will be particularly stoked about the Super Famicon Covers/Coverflow! XD
You're not wrong there pal!! :lol: Looking forward to seeing your work Hakaisha! ;)

Crimrui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Just got into collecting covers for my games and I wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this project. Started gathering a few vertical ones for SNES but then I noticed it did not get updated with some cool games or that were translated. So, I had some free time and wanted to to make my own for a 2-3 random games, just to see where I will go with that. They ended up being so and so, I guess, not really good with Photoshop but wanted to post here, for hell of it, to see what professionals have to say. Be advised that I took some liberty with this, not sure what back covers are for some so I improvised. So tell me the truth, do I have a long way to go, or these are good for a beginner?
yKBMpN.png
LMpIew.png
IXis2r.png
pVgTxv.png

Reactions: Cypher16

wantboost

somewhat of a newbie
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using abz mastermod ...
The games are on HDD ... Shall the covers be on HDD or SD??? Also when I use fuzzy remane should I select the use ext box ?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

wantboost

somewhat of a newbie
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using abz mastermod ...
The games are on HDD ... Shall the covers be on HDD or SD??? Also when I use fuzzy remane should I select the use ext box

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

OleSchool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some issues loading box covers for the MAME, CPS1, CPS2, Neo Geo roms. For MAME, some boxcovers work, some dont. For the other sources, none of the box covers work at all.

I checked all the basics like
1) Paths in the config files for the plugins
2) Named the files correctly (i.e. ctribes.zip.png for ctribes.zip).
3) Reloaded cache

I even took one of the working ones in MAME aliens.zip.png, and copied it and renamed it to avsp.zip.png for a rom whose boxcover that wasn't working, and it didn't work. That's very odd, since it works for aliens.zip.png. I thought I would log in and see a aliens boxcover for both games. Not sure what else to check.

Please help, thanks!

Last edited by OleSchool,

OleSchool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finally figured it out.

What a pain that was and it was so simple... Yes, I will put what I did, lol. Nothing like finding a post that matches what you're looking for, noone has an answer, then the OP says "I figured it out, nvm." lol..

Anyway, I didn't realize that the settings within WiiFlow (the gearbox icon) were global settings. So when I went in there and selected (on page 4) the Path Manager, I thought I was selecting the Path Manager for that source (e.g. CPS1). Its not for the source, its globally for every WiiFlow source! The ini files for each source just START at that path you set in the Path Manager...smh

Hope that helps someone, cause I been working ONLY that issue for 4 days, lol

Last edited by OleSchool,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm