Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone have the colored cartridge SNES (Doom, Spider-Man & Venom - Maximum Carnage [Red] and Killer Instinct [Black]) ? Like this
Super bomberman 5 gold cartridge too
Killer_Instinct_%28USA%29.png

modbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hello.

I have covers for set up for everything, but i just can't get it to work for "PC-Engine CD / TurboGrafx CD / Turbo-Duo CD"

Now games in CD disc format have two files, a .bin & .cue.

But what works in SEGA CD - dosen't work with PC Engine-CD strangly...

Here is how i did it:

Inside Wiiflow/boxcovers i created a folder called "wiimednafen"

I have tried various combinations (same name as game):

- Buster Bros. [NTSC-U].png
- Buster Bros. [NTSC-U].bin.png

Both time no luck... (Now on SEGA CD the ".bin.png" did the trick)

I also have noted, that the "normal" TD-CD covers have a slight difference in size compared to the "custom" made ones. I also tried both of them, but again, no luck.

EDIT: You have to use it like this to make it work "Buster Bros. [NTSC-U].cue.png"

Last edited by modbrain,
Reactions: Cypher16

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 07-05-17:

Updated the Philips VG 5000 set. Went from 20 covers to 88. Now separated by applications/games. Artwork for this system is very scarce, especially for bootleg titles (it's a bootleg system, lol). Re-created a lot of stuff, some of the fonts aren't completely accurate, but it is what it is. There are also mock covers for titles that had no available artwork. If anything else, i hope @Wiimpathy can appreciate them, lol. Hope everyone is still having fun. :)

P.S. - Feel free to donate (see sig) for thread hosting costs. I'm kinda broke these days and anything helps. Seriously, anything. I would like to keep this thread alive forever! And still continue to do work after all these years, although it's admittedly slowed down (life, lack of outside contributions) but i have always got shits in the works. I've gotten one donation since i've started this thread (much appreciated!!!), so if you are in a positions to help (even just a little!) please consider it. Thanks everyone, hope no one lost a finger over the weekend.

Last edited by mastershoes,

Cypher16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hakaisha, I'm specifically interested in your Super Famicom & Satellaview covers: I'd like to conform them to the standard Super Nintendo view for those of us wanting to keep SNES/Super Famicom/All Things Super Nintendo displayed in 1 plugin, so thanks for uploading bud. I'm not flush with time, could you point me where to find them? Again, thanks man.
@Crimrui, I'm impressed with those vertical SNES covers dude! Friggin gorgeous, great, love the use of good fanart on the backs. Almost makes me wanna convert from horizontal. From one intermediate to another: good work!
@wantboost, covers can be either HDD or SD -- I've had them on one or the other at times. WiiFlow knows where to look via the plugin .ini file, like snes9xgx.ini. Look back on page 86: it's covered there & doubtless numerous other times throughout this thread.
@OleSchool, thanks for the feedback. Anyone else may encounter similar problems, so you may also need to:
Ensure you do not mix .jpg & .png for a plugin
Ensure size matches plugin, like SNES9XGX should be 1090x680 (thecoverproject.net hosts files roughly triple that width/height)
You may need to delete the .wfc files inside the cache folder (ex: D:/wiiflow/cache/snes9xgx/). This forces WiiFlow to rebuild every cover for a particular plugin (the fix if you've used .jpgs)
When in doubt, it doesn't hurt to Reload Cache

Last edited by Cypher16,
Reactions: OleSchool

Cypher16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mastershoes Thanks for being here through the years man, appreciate your dedication & professionalism. I've been at it again, began making missing covers before fully looking around, so here are some I found might be better than existing SNES covers, you make the call.

-----THESE ARE ALL STANDARD SPINE SIZE, NOT SHRUNKEN SPINE. mastershoes'll ADD THEM TO SHRUNKEN IF THEY MAKE THE CUT (I'm sure =)-----
A.S.P. Air Strike Patrol
grabbed logo off Launchbox -- thanks LaunchBox Games Database ladies & gents! Crisper logo, bumped colors.
A.S.P. Air Strike Patrol.7z.png

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
sampled higher-res cover, seems clearer to me
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends, The.7z.png

Tintin - Prisoners of the Sun
Just better. No offense, I must've found decent samples or something. Always open to feedback. Well, more so for the front, at least.
Adventures of Tintin, The - Prisoners of the Sun.png

BlaZeon
Think all I did was bump the color a tad
BlaZeon_modded.png

Pocky & Rocky 2
The one in the set seems to have used fanart for the cover. Filled the gap for the time being, so appreciative. I like the Americanized version, so here it is:
Pocky & Rocky 2.png

Tintin in Tibet
I swapped the logo for the english version, though the back is still in french.
Tintin in Tibet_eu.png

And included are 2 EU versions not in the Europe set:
Best of the Best - Championship Karate
Back isn't perfect, but passable. Bumped colors (I like vibrant covers, not dull ones)
Best of the Best - Championship Karate_eu.png

And Fire Emblem - Mystery of the Emblem (Monshou no Nazo), EU version
I like what someone else did here, I just pieced them together & slapped a spine in place. I'm thinking I should avoid the japanese logo, using the english on the spine instead...maybe later (likely never =j )
Fire Emblem - Mystery of the Emblem (Monshou no Nazo).7z.png

Last edited by Cypher16,

Cypher16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Additions to the SNES Set!

Oddballs first

Dark Half, standard spine
Never released in US, used a found cover adapted for US cover, threw JP back on it. I'll redo this for the Super Famicom purist in me later
Dark Half.7z.png
Kid Klown in Crazy Chase
Standard Spine
Kid Klown in Crazy Chase.png

Shrunken Spine
Kid Klown in Crazy Chase.7z.png
Lost Vikings 2
This was kind of a pain in the ass, but decent
Standard Spine
Lost Vikings 2, The.png

Shrunken Spine
Lost Vikings II, The.7z.png
Mega lo Mania
Only found german cover material, fabbed the spine from the front. Not perfect but likely not very noticeable either.
Standard Spine
Mega lo Mania_gr.png

Shrunken Spine
Mega lo Mania.7z.png
Mohawk & Headphone Jack
I'm proud of this one: only one I found high-res enough to upload to thecoverproject.net
Standard Spine
Mohawk & Headphone Jack.7z.png

Shrunken Spine
Mohawk & Headphone Jack_shrunken_spine.png
Syndicate
EU version, remember playing this on computer growing up in California
Standard Spine
Syndicate.7z.png

Shrunken Spine
Syndicate_eu_shrunken_spine.png
Whirlo
Only released in JP & EU, I believe. EU version here
Standard Spine
Whirlo_eu.png

Shrunken Spine
Whirlo_eu_shrunken_spine.png
And finally, a JP cover
Arcus Spirits
Originally Arcus Odyssey, never released in the US on SNES (just Genesis) and of course, originated in JP. JP Super Famicom cover here. Took a lot of effort to make him stand out from the entirely dull picture, bumped color on the evil hottie in the background, no luck getting the dragon more pronounced. Not as good as I'd like, but a few steps in the right direction in my opinion.
Standard Spine
Arcus Spirits_jp_standard_spine.png

Shrunken Spine
Arcus Spirits_jp_shrunken_spine.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I almost forgot! The LEGENDARY pimp cult classic for the PS1/PSX!! :rofl2:

PaRappa the Rapper
PaRappa the Rapper.7z.png

Last edited by Cypher16,

Cypher16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Half
Replacing the other shoddy work earlier, I even included the clearart for this one, major pain in the ass.
Sampled from higher-res images, as close as I could get to original Japanese box. This'll be going up on TCP.
Clearart
Dark Half_Logo_fullsize.png

Standard Spine
Dark Half_jp_standard_spine.png

Shrunken Spine
Dark Half_jp_shrunken_spine.png

Acrobat Mission
Another JP cover
Standard Spine
Acrobat Mission_jp_standard_spine.png

Shrunken Spine
Acrobat Mission_jp_shrunken_spine.png

Monstania
From Japan
Standard Spine
Monstania_jp_standard_spine.png

Shrunken Spine
Monstania_jp_shrunken_spine.png

Cannon Fodder
This EU cover I didn't find in the Shrunken Spine set so I put it together
Standard Spine
Cannon Fodder_standard_spine_3.png

Shrunken Spine
Cannon Fodder_shrunken_spine_3.png

Super Morph
This piece of crap was hard to find any quality samples. Game looks like it sucks, just like the cover does... Have yet to play this one.
Standard Spine
Super Morph_eu_standard_spine.png

Shrunken Spine
Super Morph_eu_shrunken_spine.png

Reactions: mightymuffy

Cypher16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Buster Bros.:
Standard Spine
Super Buster Bros_standard_spine.png

Shrunken Spine
Super Buster Bros_shrunken_spine.png
@mightymuffy, thanks for sharing back on page 80 from 2 years ago, haven't had a chance to read back very far yet, but like seeing those what, 50, 60 other covers not included in the SNES set yet? Thanks man.
@mightymuffy, I will totally donate to @mastershoes again if you'd shoot me (or point me to) any of these with quality high enough for TCP, usually meaning fronts/backs 2100 x 1535 or better, individually:
Angelique (J)
Clock Tower (J)
Cyber Knight (J)
Dragon Ball Z - Hyper Dimension (J)
Dragon Quest I & II (J)
Dragon Quest V (J)
Dragon Quest VI (J)
Fire Emblem 3 - Mystery of the Emblem (J)
Fire Emblem 4 - Genealogy of the Holy Wars (J)
Fire Emblem 5 - Thrakka 776 (J)
Front Mission - Gun Hazard (J)
Genocide 2 (J)
Imperium (US or J)
Iron Commando (J)
Jim Lee's WildC.A.T.S (US)
Miracle Piano Teaching System, The (J)
Muhammad Ali (US?) (Beta)
Putty Squad (US)
RPG Tsukuru - Super Dante (J)
RPG Tsukuru 2 (J)
Sakura Wars (J)
Seijuu Maden - Beasts & Blades (J)
Slayers (J)
Spell Craft (US or J)
Steel Talons (US)
Super Full Metal (J?) (Beta)
Super Genjin 2 (J)
Super International Cricket (EU)
Super Star Force (J? or EU?)
Tinhead (EU) (Beta)
Universal Soldier (US)
Wedding Peach (J)
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego (US)
Wizardry I-II-III - Story of Llylgamyn (J)

@mastershoes, would you clarify? If I'm not mistaken, standard spine is 96px wide & the front/back is 497 on 1090x680 cover, correct? Shrunken spine = 515/60/515 I believe.

Honestly, I really don't like any cover that hasn't been officially released, unless it's a ROM hack. The rare exception is coming across people who've coupled custom backs with great fanart. Again, well done @Crimrui.

Having been years since I was last here, most of my SNES are properly wrapped now since so many have been added. Having played Super Morph after recently spending a good number of hours on that cover, I hate myself. I hate that game more tho... it's friggin lame. Can't believe I wasted time on that pile of shit. And I didn't even get great results. had to sample off eBay for the spine, pull the perspective to flatten it out, all that damn text on the back...

What's truly missing on my end are covers for translated SFC games. @mightymuffy , you rock for getting a number of them customized and mocked up as PAL releases. Really appreciate you sharing & @mastershoes for throwing a shit ton of time at this project & providing outstanding direction staying true to official covers as much as possible and including alternates (customs) too!
Here's the thing, I'm a bit anal. I prefer covers from the originating country the title was developed (or the 1st officially released in English, so I can actually enjoy the game), so for the time being my SFCs are wrapped in custom mockups, not official box art. Most look decent but for all my translated titles I'm going for as close to officially released boxes as possible. @mightymuffy talked about the glaring difference between SNES & SFC boxes back on page 80: WiiFlow and other frontends operate on predetermined cover sizes so stretching SFC boxes look like crap without a lot of overhaul/zooming/cropping/made up crap. Taking a cue from TCP (thecoverproject.net), I've been adding sidebars to the backs of mine, and the other side/spine of the box to the top (if viewed horizontally) to retain the majority of correct aspect ratios. However, the few SFC covers I've come across at TCP show not only the "Super Famicom" text on the bottom of the backside (what I call a sidebar), with either jacked fronts using cropping, zooming & extra graphics; or using the other spine/upside-down title text at the top of the front, like what I've done with Dark Half:
(Shrunken Spine)
Dark Half_shrunken_spine.png
But I've just finished Magical Pop'n and realized I like the title at the front-top/other spine easily legible:
Standard Spine
Magical Pop'n_standard_spine.png

(US Title at top)
Magical Pop'n_standard_spine_USTop.png

Dark Half_standard_spine_jp_retail_toprightsideup.png

Shrunken Spine
Magical Pop'n_shrunken_spine.png

Magical Pop'n_shrunken_spine_USTop.png

Dark Half_shrunken_spine_jp_retail_toprightsideup.png

I like the idea of fronts/backs staying true and making the Title on front-top/other spine legible perpendicularly, so every SFC front is interchangable in a vertical or horizontal capacity. Since we are forced to improvise when incorporating SFC into 1090x680 anyway, and that ratio is widely established as the de facto standard, I personally like having all four sides (front, back, left and right spines) with a sidebar on back (instead of stretching out or centering the back) to make that happen gracefully. Authentic SFC boxes look, by and large, great. Lemme know your thoughts ladies & gents!!

Anybody see this guy's coffee table book?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...x_art_collection_is_back_and_better_than_ever

Last edited by Cypher16,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Cypher16 - Cheers for the kind words man! Good to see there's still plenty life in the Wiiflow section! Yeah I never got official word off mastershoes what the exact standard spine size was, couldn't decide if it was 95 or 96..
And thanks for the thumbs up with my sorta-pal-snes...sfc covers! Had a good time doing those! Got to say I'm not into the Wii side now :(, shamefully I've switched to a Wii U/Pi 3 combo, so not keen on restarting any (sorry!), but I do like your idea of adding sidebars to your collection, they look great, and a good alternative to stretching out the images!

As for links, ooh, well it's been a good couple of years... one of my fave sites is NintAndBox - quality can vary, but some pretty high resolutions in there, and a fair amount of SFC boxes. You will have to sign up however.. That's all I've got left in my bookmarks though.

And yeah I've seen info on that book myself - was actually eyeing up buying one! (Think the missus ruined that idea though!!)

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mastershoes, would you clarify? If I'm not mistaken, standard spine is 96px wide & the front/back is 497 on 1090x680 cover, correct? Shrunken spine = 515/60/515 I believe.
Correct on Standard Spine, 514/62/514 for Shrunken Spine. I have a macro set up to auto convert to shrunken spine, so a Standard Spine cover is all that needs to be provided when contributing to the sets. Sorry for the short reply, this month and next are kind of nuts for me, so i haven't been around a ton. Appreciate you putting in some work though, covers look great, keep 'em coming!

Last edited by mastershoes,

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been away from the covers scene for a while but thought I'd share my latest obscure collection.
Complete Watara(Quickshot) Supervision Covers Collection for use with Hyperspin or Attract Mode. I did originally make about half a complete set of full covers but ran out of sources for the rest since the games are quite rare.:-
All covers are named as the MESS romset is; so it should be easy to add to a collection.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7-L1dL7xhpoTGpMdjU2Wk82X0k

Here Are some samples:-

s!Al4rSZCKo4ojngHqBcTSHbJchUml

s!Al4rSZCKo4ojngKysr3rn_GmzKCq

s!Al4rSZCKo4ojngPO94KD56VlAFmO

open

open

open

Last edited by sion_zaphod,

NeilZander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello mastershoes just want to say thank you for these awesome covers makes navigating the menus of the emulators look a lot better can I ask if it's not to much trouble can you make a 2-D box art section for the Gensplus GX games for each if it's not to troublesome? if not any guide on how to do so ourselves? this could also be useful for custom boxarts for Hacks etc.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Mastershoes!! Been out for a while:lol:
Just dusted off my wii these past days, and it brought back so many good memories...
Here, this is for the excellent unofficial port of Nebulus for the Game Boy Advance. I'm playing it with mGBA.
Credits to the author, Foxy, on the back.
nebulus.gba.png

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Two more arcade covers. Aerofighters runs on FBA (not FBA-Neo) and Splatterhouse is for VC Arcade. Yes, I know that VC is not present in this thread, but I thought that it could be useful to someone who wants to play it with Emunand (it's not on wiitdb) or if you like to use it with mame you are free to modify it.

Aerofighters
aerofgt.zip.png

Splatterhouse (Virtual Console Arcade)
E7UJ.png

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys :) happy holydays and new year!

I have a question. On my wiiflow I added al lot of cover arts for the emulators but I am seeing that the covers sets I downloaded from this forum are not complete for some of the systems like gameboy color. A lot of covers are missing, so I am asking where you guys are downloading all the box art for make the entire gamelist covered. I know wiiflow can download covers for gamecube and wii, there is a way for doing the same for the other emulators's games?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unfortunately it's not possible to download covers for emulators like for wii and gc games. So the only way is to search the internet for cover art, box scans etc. build the full cover and upload it here. The process may be tedious for some games, because sometimes it's hard to find any good quality material, and you have to manually edit the pictures to clean them up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Two more games for my beloved PC-Engine CD jewel case set.

Ginga Fukei Densetsu - Sapphire
Ginga Fukei Densetsu - Sapphire.png

Super Raiden
Super raiden.png

And one for the PC-Engine/TG16 Moddingbird set

Gekibo: Gekisha Boy
Gekibo: Gekisha Boy.png

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,
Reactions: mastershoes

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the link on the first page are covers only ? or also emulators looking for wii emulators

Yes, this is a cover thread. There are no emulators posted here in this thread.

is your covers compatible with all emulators ? and forwarders you made

Only emulators that support covers.

Are my covers compatible with forwarders?? I don't know what you mean by that. The ID's of my forwarders all match up with gametdb, so if you're asking if the forwarders will display a cover on say.. your nand on wiiflow, then yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y