CREEPY SONG IN ANIMATION (HELP ME FIND IT)

Kostilaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so my new search is about a creepy song heard in a cartoon. only 1 part i could see in that cartoon cause the other parts were taped over with other tv programs. i forgot to mention that the tape is empty tape used to record different shows in tv. anyway the surviving part that was not taped over is 1 minute. it shows a big dessert with skeletons. i am greek but the show was not greek because Greece does not produce cartoons. it looked old cartoon probably before 1980. it was really macabre as the song was talking about people suffering because they were hot and thirsty. I asked my parents about it but didn't remember from what show that part was recorded. the animation was a typical good handpainted animation. very detailed and somehow depressing! but what made the whole thing freaky was the music and the lyrics. the music was slow and somehow a little happy music but the lyrics were so macabre. i remember them really well as they haunt me til today. i don't know if this will help cause when a foreign song is dubbed in greek, the lyrics are changed to fit the greek language. anyway, the song goes like this:

The burning sun will melt the bones of these poor happy person (at that part the cartoon shows the dead body of a man that died of thirst)

Their bodies are being tortured and "baked" as the dessert and the nature are laughing (more dead bodies)

If you are good and you have good purpose you can survive the sun even in a field without flowers (at that part the sun leaves and the moon comes. it is night and some still alive people are even suffering in night)

If you are evil you are going to sing and tortured by the heat. ( a suffering dog looking for water).

at that part the vhs tape shows other cartoon because my parents deleted the rest of it by taping other stuff.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering if you could post the lyrics as they are sung in Greek. The English translates lyrics may never have even been sung in English and even if they were, the English version could differ a lot from the greek version. I'm trying to search by the lyrics online.

Kostilaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ο ηλιος που καιει θα λιωσει τα οστα
αυτου του κεφατου ενός φουκαρα.
λυγαει το κορμι μας ψηνομαστε εμεις
η ερημος γελαει και η φυση*
αν εισαι καλος και εχεις καλους σκοπους
αντεχεις στην ζεστη και χωρις ανθους
αν κακος εισαι τραγουδι θα πεις
και η διψα όταν ερθει θα βασανιστεις

tried it with no luck.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can you describe the cartoon in more detail? Perhaps how any characters looked and things like that. I'm Greek too and used to watch a lot of cartoons as a kid, especially the macabre ones (blame "ΕΡΤ2":P)... Also, just for the record, there HAVE been Greek cartoon productions, especially around the early-mid 90s, so if it's one of those then tough luck, doubt you could find it after so long.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
long time no see
I know it's not really answered, but what's with the necro? Doubt it's gonna get solved. If bumping, at least re-record the part of the VHS tape and post it on here to make it easier to tell what cartoon it was. Or, post on youtube and hope you get copyright striked with the info on it:P

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know it's not really answered, but what's with the necro? Doubt it's gonna get solved. If bumping, at least re-record the part of the VHS tape and post it on here to make it easier to tell what cartoon it was. Or, post on youtube and hope you get copyright striked with the info on it:P

As stated above the tape has been disposed of a long time ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8