• Views 86,276
  • Replies 163
  • Likes 43

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is excellent. Thanks so much @MarcusD! It's a shame it can't be added to the 3DS menu and I'd love to be able to use it with DS and GBA games, but it's so nice just to have this functionality from NTR back on 11.6 and not have to worry about the relative instability of NTR (plus extended memory games with plugins AND the blue light filter on NTR seem to cause crashing, so yay, now I should be able to have both again).

My only suggestion would be to invert the d-pad controls (swap up & down and left & right so that the former does what the latter currently does and vice-versa) because it's a bit confusing scrolling with left and right and changing values with up and down.
Oh, and if possible, (custom) presets would be great (but not necessary).
EDIT: Something I forgot to suggest was being able to hold down the d-pad to scroll through numbers (it's really slow mashing the d-pad through the colour temperature, for example).
Anything above firmware 11.4, I believe, can't affect the brightness below factory setting. But I'm on 11.3 and can confirm that, in fact, yes you can lower the brightness setting below factory if you have the correct firmware.
No, it's that NTR wasn't updated to support the change, not that it's impossible (it is, I just tried on my New 3DS on 11.6 and I could make the brightness as low as NTR on <=11.4).

Last edited by TankedThomas,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Would it be possible to use say a .txt with the config of your desired values etc on each time you open the app? Not sure if that makes sense but thank you anyway!!

This is just an example demo application. I'm pretty sure whoever will be adding this to your favorite CFW, they will make an option to save the settings which are going to be applied at boot.

Justeego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is great! I wonder why nintendo doesn't release something like this since they care a lot about children. Hackers care more about people.

Reactions: Sono

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Very nice job on this! My only gripe was the banner and icon (I made alternate ones).
Would it be stepping on toes if I put them up here? Or are you fine if I put them up?

This is an example application so I'm not going to use the icon/banner, but feel free to put it up here.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

Qyriad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you also post the redshift.h colorramp.h, and testimage_bin.h header files included in the source?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Could you also post the redshift.h colorramp.h, and testimage_bin.h header files included in the source?

I have linked in the source of those files in the source... also, as I stated in the main post,
the source code isn't meant to be compiled on its own, it's just provided for education purposes. You need to alter it slightly in order to be compiled in an application

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here're the alt banner and icon I mentioned earlier for anyone interested.

Screenshot
UwD77eB.png

Banner
FI7wrLl.png

Icon
snB0dud.png
wHOVYQu.png

Attachments

• CTR_Redshift-Alt-Icon+Banner.7z
    59.9 KB · Views: 305
Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: zfreeman and Sono

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up making an SMDH for the 3dsx version with this icon I threw together in GIMP with some light editing to something from google images.

Here's a preview image of the smdh in HBL :P

ctrredshift_screenshot.png

The smdh is attached.
For those curious, my preferred setting for both screens is 3500K for just color temperature, the rest I leave as is and then exit.

Attachments

• CTR_Redshift_smdh.7z
    1.6 KB · Views: 335
Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Karrq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So a screen reinit happens when you open up the console after you have folded it again, right? Also, since this is just a demo app, you aren't making a PR on luma to add it to rosalina, correct? It would be very useful, imo! Anyways, thanks!

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So a screen reinit happens when you open up the console after you have folded it again, right? Also, since this is just a demo app, you aren't making a PR on luma to add it to rosalina, correct? It would be very useful, imo! Anyways, thanks!

screeninit also happens on lid open, yeah
but it also happens when a firmlaunch happens (extended mode games, TWL_FIRM/AGB_FIRM, and rebooting back to 3DS firm also do)

and yes, I'm too busy(?) to port this to Luma and do a PR

Last edited by Sono,

Karrq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
screeninit also happens on lid open, yeah
but it also happens when a firmlaunch happens (extended mode games, TWL_FIRM/AGB_FIRM, and rebooting back to 3DS firm also do)

and yes, I'm too busy(?) to port this to Luma and do a PR
I really hope someone has the time to port it! ;D Anyways, I've tested this with MHXX on my N3DSXL but it didn't reset my screen brightness (which btw GOOD JOB on making it going lower then vanilla minimum <3!) or my screen color gradient..... You said it happens in extended mode games, so doesn't it apply to mhxx ? Thanks a bunch, LOVE this feature

Last edited by Karrq,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I really hope someone has the time to port it! ;D Anyways, I've tested this with MHXX on my N3DSXL but it didn't reset my screen brightness (which btw GOOD JOB on making it going lower then vanilla minimum <3!) or my screen color gradient..... You said it happens in extended mode games, so doesn't it apply to mhxx ? Thanks a bunch, LOVE this feature

actually, I just made a GUI for interfacing between Redshift and the hardware registers, the rest is done by Redshift's calculations and the GPU hardware

the "brightness" is just an artificial brightness adjustment, it doesn't actually adjust the backlight (since that involves patching gsp), it just reduces the maximum intensity the LEDs can be lit at

also, extended mode only applies to 192M mode on new3DS and anything that is not 64M or 72M mode on old3DS (80M and 96M do a firmlaunch)

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...