ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

EventAssistant

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@EventAssistant is creating an app to let you download codes directly from your 3DS.
CTRPF being compatible with Gateshark codes you can use it with it too.

I don't know about the path that it's using but in the worst case you'll just have to move the .txt. ;)

Sharkive project. :)
It's using the path needed to rosalina to work, so /luma/titles/<title id>/cheats.txt . Maybe things can be uniformed so Sharkive is compatible with all the solutions out of the box :)

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by HollowedFear,

falconcrest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having a problem with this loader...
if i enable the plugin loader and boot dragon quest viii/8 i get the green screen and the codes work,but the game freezes after a random amount of time whether i enable any codes or not.
i have no problems with these very same codes converted into an ntr plugin though...dunno what could be going wrong here...
i am using an o2DS if that helps at all:sad:

Myriad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a bit of a problem here, none of the ntr cheats using BootNTR Selector load. I'm on o3DS 11.6. I've tried the plugin loader used with the ultrasumoframework and it works. Tried using the regular NTR and I can get the X+Y menu manually but the cheats aren't showing up, neither the regular nor the Mode3 cheats, both via the Select and the "Game Plugin" under the X+Y menu. I'm pretty sure I've turned off the plugin loader through Rosalina, but it does that weird visual bug where it still says "Enable Plugin Loader" whether its on or off so I can't be sure. I've reverted back to the regular Luma 9.0 to test and that works so I must be doing something wrong. Can anybody help?

Last edited by Myriad,

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm getting a bit of a problem here, none of the ntr cheats using BootNTR Selector load. I'm on o3DS 11.6. I've tried the plugin loader used with the ultrasumoframework and it works. Tried using the regular NTR and I can get the X+Y menu manually but the cheats aren't showing up, neither the regular nor the Mode3 cheats, both via the Select and the "Game Plugin" under the X+Y menu. I'm pretty sure I've turned off the plugin loader through Rosalina, but it does that weird visual bug where it still says "Enable Plugin Loader" whether its on or off so I can't be sure. I've reverted back to the regular Luma 9.0 to test and that works so I must be doing something wrong. Can anybody help?
You cannot use BootNTR on O3ds if you have the Luma Plugin Loader, because it already loads/enabled the plugin loader from Rosalina Menu which you cannot disable using O3ds.
I'm using N3ds XL btw, so I don't know what's happening around on O3ds/O2ds.

Last edited by Vermil,

Myriad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot use BootNTR on O3ds if you have the Luma Plugin Loader, because it already loads/enabled the plugin loader from Rosalina Menu which you cannot disable using O3ds.
Oh, okay, did not know that. That's why it wasn't working. Thank you. EDIT: Found a way around it, had to look back into the thread, the Luma bootloader method seems to work.

Last edited by Myriad,

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the sounds of his post, he is using an older version of the luma plugin anyways...as the new version doesn't have the whole visual glitch.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That path is lame though... So much folder for a single text file is stupid imo.
Hey @Nanquitas should I replace the "actionreplay" zip file on my repo with the one from this post? http://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrplugi...ith-action-replay.487729/page-21#post-7783889 or was that just a one off? if you plan on adding in what you did in that into your next update then I may just hold off on pushing up until you release the next update.
Not yet, this is a changes I made for tests, but it may break some others games.
I'll tweak it for the next update. ;)

if i enable the plugin loader and boot dragon quest viii/8 i get the green screen and the codes work,but the game freezes after a random amount of time whether i enable any codes or not.
i have no problems with these very same codes converted into an ntr plugin though...dunno what could be going wrong here...

Hmm, sounds like a thread bottleneck. Could you try the plugin I attached to this post and tell me if it solve the issue ?

When using NTR with the Luma + plugin loader on O3DS, you have to use 3.3 and not 3.6.
Also, the plugin loader is automatically enabled on O3DS and so you can't disable it for games that reboot the 3DS (Mode3 games like Pokemon SUMO/USUM etc).

Using the bootloader is indeed a good idea. :)

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet, this is a changes I made for tests, but it may break some others games.
I'll tweak it for the next update. ;)
Alright good to know, will wait for your next update then ^^ btw I think you missed a quote or something when you wrote this "That path is lame though... So much folder for a single text file is stupid imo." xD

Last edited by HollowedFear,

YoshiOG1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I already said something about this, but I personally would love to connect NTR Debugger to my 3DS without having to load BootNTR.

Would anyone look into implementing NTR's debugging system into Rosalina please? (Not the GDB server thing)
Thanks in advance for any consideration.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know I already said something about this, but I personally would love to connect NTR Debugger to my 3DS without having to load BootNTR.

Would anyone look into implementing NTR's debugging system into Rosalina please? (Not the GDB server thing)
Thanks in advance for any consideration.
I won't personally, because I think that IDA + Luma's gdb is better.

Reactions: YoshiOG1

YoshiOG1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't personally, because I think that IDA + Luma's gdb is better.
But some NTR debugging clients (PKMN-NTR, for example) haven't been ported to Luma's GDB. Also, when I use the GDB debugger, I can't read/write memory without pausing the process I'm debugging. Is there a way to do that stuff without pausing the game?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But some NTR debugging clients (PKMN-NTR, for example) haven't been ported to Luma's GDB. Also, when I use the GDB debugger, I can't read/write memory without pausing the process I'm debugging. Is there a way to do that stuff without pausing the game?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No, which makes sense in a debugging. When the process is running, the data can be edited and what you'd see would simply be an old value, it's not accurate at all.
I get that it might be annoying though, in which case I'd simply use a plugin.

All things being done by PKMN-NTR are probably doable with a plugin too.

Reactions: YoshiOG1

Lindraden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I must be stupid. I can't even see any codes in DQ8. I press Select, ActionReplay comes up and there's nothing. I've put the ActionReplay plugin where the instructions said to (sd:/luma/plugins/ActionReplay/). I have the titleID as the name of the text file in sd:/cheats/ yet nothing appears. When I go back into the textfile everything seems to have been overwritten as the filesize is 0.

Did you do anything differently to get the codes working?

Sanguinis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be stupid. I can't even see any codes in DQ8. I press Select, ActionReplay comes up and there's nothing. I've put the ActionReplay plugin where the instructions said to (sd:/luma/plugins/ActionReplay/). I have the titleID as the name of the text file in sd:/cheats/ yet nothing appears. When I go back into the textfile everything seems to have been overwritten as the filesize is 0.

The plugin in your ActionReplay folder is called ActionReplay.plg, right? As far as I'm aware, that is the only case in which it should not be plugin.plg. I don't know whether case matters or not here, but that's how they were written in the main post and what I went with. That your .txt file seems to be erasing itself is odd, and something I have no clue how to help with. Other than that, all I can say is to double check your paths carefully and make sure you're not missing a character.

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Or upload your text file(with cheat codes) here cuz maybe it has something to do with the codes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2