Homebrew Cubic Ninja QR-CODE

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the Twilight Hack actually patched? I think that depends on how you look at it.
The actual exploit itself has never really been patched. The Wii's firmware just simply can't intervene with the code that's running from the game disc. If there's an exploit that can be used in the game, the system has no way to stop it directly. The software on disc is in full control. The menu you see when you press the home button is coded in the game, it's not the system menu.
So what did they do to stop twilight hack? The system menu simply recognizes the hacked savegame and removes it from the Wii. It also refuses to copy it again from sd to wii. So this effectively killed the Twilight Hack, but not by patching the game code on the fly

Now, for 3DS it's a whole different story. The 3DS firmware can interact with the running game and patch it. So a fix that kills ninjhax will come.
Yeah, I suppose that's true. the glitch never really went away, just that Nintendo updated the Wii to where that glitch could no longer happen. Regardless of how exactly a patch is applied, the twilight exploit died with a Wii update, this Ninjhax exploit will die with a 3DS udpate. The game will always have the exploit. it's not like the 3DS can write data to the game cart that renders it permanently inoperable on Firmware 9.2.0-20 or older.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now, for 3DS it's a whole different story. The 3DS firmware can interact with the running game and patch it. So a fix that kills ninjhax will come.
Now this is interesting. Have you any examples or evidence supporting this, or is just a theory at this point? We know Nintendo can remotely delete content, but I assumed that any patch be it game or firmware based, requires the consent of the user to be installed.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool m8, don't worry I'm a hungry pirate as well that is why I have a Gateway for roms, I'm not ashamed at all to say it either. The answer though to your question is no I doubt QR Coded games will ever be exploited to run them so don't hold your hopes up for that ever happening. I think Smealum only created this for pure only Homebrew achievement I don't think he ever intended running roms at all.

ashamed ? All of us are pirates here ! However there are many hypocrite people here too

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now this is interesting. Have you any examples or evidence supporting this, or is just a theory at this point? We know Nintendo can remotely delete content, but I assumed that any patch be it game or firmware based, requires the consent of the user to be installed.

Well Spotpass can automatically download updates, even when the system is in sleep mode. Never having enabled that function myself though, I'm not sure if it will actually install it too without asking first. Perhaps for 'emergency' cases like these, Nintendo might just push and install the update (and that's speculation yes)
But what's for sure of course is that the 3DS supports game patching. So I'm pretty sure that fix will come.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well Spotpass can automatically download updates, even when the system is in sleep mode. Never having enabled that function myself though, I'm not sure if it will actually install it too without asking first. Perhaps for 'emergency' cases like these, Nintendo might just push and install the update (and that's speculation yes)
But what's for sure of course is that the 3DS supports game patching. So I'm pretty sure that fix will come.
It won't install anything but it always downloads system updates during sleep mode. You can't disable that.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

No, he's saying that if you update your 3DS via normal procedures, the updated firmware can then fix ninjhax on the fly without having to download a patch specific to that game first.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just look at the Vita hacking scene, and you will know that the user-mode exploits can be easily patched by a simple update of the firmware.

ALL the user-mode exploits that have been made public on the Vita were patched.

That will be definitely be patched, just a matter of time.

Nintendo just takes more time to release a firmware that will block the flashcarts like Gateway and Sky.

jl1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem with Java 7 is that one of the libraries creates classes during runtime that are made for a newer version of the JVM. It is a google lib...

Thanks a lot, I will have a look at it for the next version!. Right now I'm focusing in trying to understand the data of type A levels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.