Hardware Custom joy-cons?

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Say a splited gamecube controller or something with an actual grip that makes splitting completely awkward, but makes the tablet experience great.

D

Deleted User

assuming it's not entirely proprietary, it might come up, but there have been no custom wii u controllers yet, but the wii had third party/custom wiimotes

it could happen

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just hope they release a Joycon with an actual D-pad for the left one.
Fuck using buttons for directional pad.

Also, if Nintendo is smart enough and uses a good eShop system, they can release Joycons with custom plates that match that of the original buttons and layout of the original control for the system the eShop has.
For example, an NES eShop game with custom Joycons which match the NES control layout (two red A & B buttons and DPad on the left one, along with Start and Select), an SNES eShop game which can be used with a Joycon with SNES controller button layout, etc.

They should really do that, it would sell really well.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nyko definitely made a Wii U pro controller.
But not a gamepad.
I just hope they release a Joycon with an actual D-pad for the left one.
Fuck using buttons for directional pad.

Also, if Nintendo is smart enough and uses a good eShop system, they can release Joycons with custom plates that match that of the original buttons and layout of the original control for the system the eShop has.
For example, an NES eShop game with custom Joycons which match the NES control layout (two red A & B buttons and DPad on the left one, along with Start and Select), an SNES eShop game which can be used with a Joycon with SNES controller button layout, etc.

They should really do that, it would sell really well.
I get what you are saying but eshop is an appstore much like xbox live or psn. Though it is possible that Nintendo will carry them in their online store.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We will have to see. We are just now getting word about 3rd party PS4 and Xbone controllers. Who knows with the Switch being all specialized. However, I can certainly see Switch controllers coming from another company.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I get what you are saying but eshop is an appstore much like xbox live or psn. Though it is possible that Nintendo will carry them in their online store.
I didn't mean to sell the joycons alongside the eShop game.
Of course the custom Joycons would be sold in places like Gamestop, Walmart or whatever which sells console's accessories.

D

Deleted User

We will have to see. We are just now getting word about 3rd party PS4 and Xbone controllers. Who knows with the Switch being all specialized. However, I can certainly see Switch controllers coming from another company.
third party xbox one controllers have been around for ages, a few months ago i had an afterglow controller, and there were a bunch of rock candy controllers at walmart

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't mean to sell the joycons alongside the eShop game.
Of course the custom Joycons would be sold in places like Gamestop, Walmart or whatever which sells console's accessories.
No, I am talking about Nintendo Store on their website. I bought two refurbished wii motes before.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I read an article about that. Sounds interesting, but I don't know how easy it would be to link different joy-cons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.