https://www.mediafire.com/?uf44xgw8p4dwrv4

needs more rias

Reactions: Lycan911

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have an updated emunand on 9.4 so I can't use Ninjhax for that. Is there any way to install a custom theme using Gateway?

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an updated emunand on 9.4 so I can't use Ninjhax for that. Is there any way to install a custom theme using Gateway?

You can generate a .cia file using scripts that come with the theme editor, I think.
Or was it that you can install the extdata tool as .cia...

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I did this:

- searched and installed the devmenu (I use bigbluebox's one)
- searched and installed the 73 themes pack [EUR] (if you already have a not-default theme, you don't need this)
- installed the cia version of the 3ds_homemenu_extdatatool (found here)
- put the body_LZ.bin file in the root of the 3ds' SD card (put also bgm.bcstm if you added a music)
- on the 3ds, activated a not-default theme
- opened 3ds_homemenu_extdatatool
- selected "Copy Extdata SaveData.dat to SD" to backup the files I was gonna overwrite, just in case
- selected "Enable Theme-Cache" (the tool said it was already enabled. no problem)
- selected "Copy Theme Cache from SD to Extdata"
- rebooted the 3ds

once in emunand, the custom theme is there. in the themes list, it still has the name and the icon of the theme you overwrite. if you change it, you have to redo the process with 3ds_homemenu_extdatatool.

p.s. you can delete body_LZ.bin, bgm.bcstm and SaveData.dat from the SD after you do this, they don't need to stay there, but backup SaveData.dat somewhere on the computer.

Reactions: petspeed

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey for those with an interest for it here is an obscure one.
Ranma 1/2
11uf1uh.jpg

It's simple and I might change it later, but for those that want it, go ahead and take it.
https://app.box.com/s/5lidiinl54x0yzdqoprw
Here is my second build for those that are a fan of Calvin and Hobbes,
e8v42w.jpg

This one came out real well in my opinion. Same link as before.

What is that in the backgound (2048 3D?) if so nice!

Reactions: MassiveRican

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do you install themes with gateway?

The custom theme tool has a thing to make a .CIA for themes, as I don't have a gateway I'm not exactly sure how it works but you should be able to use that cia (I think...)

The .cia installs the theme as a normal DLC theme and thus you should be able to have multible!

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but wasn't there the problem that gateway doesn't let us install custom themes as cias? because they aren't signed or something.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With NINJHAX yes, with gateway you can install themes as if they are official (and thus not only in cache) and have more custom themes than 1.
How to get more than one? Put lz body, install it and then you can delete to put another bin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended