Android DamonPS2 PRO (PS2 Emulator For Android)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not use this emulator. It uses stolen code from PCSX2.
https://pcsx2.net/286-the-pcsx2-team-s-statement-regarding-the-damonps2-emulator.html

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't be like that. Emulators are just like any other piece of software. I'm perfectly fine with this being sold for profit. 10 USD does seem a bit much, though.
To an extent you have a point, it's like people who sell those imitation consoles like Retron does. However, if your emulator is being sold for money and you're piggybacking off stolen code from a free emulator, go fuck yourself.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://pcsx2.net/286-the-pcsx2-team-s-statement-regarding-the-damonps2-emulator.html

To an extent you have a point, it's like people who sell those imitation consoles like Retron does. However, if your emulator is being sold for money and you're piggybacking off stolen code from a free emulator, go fuck yourself.

A lot of developers seem pusillanimous to the point to where they can't even be arsed to write their own damn code, so what to do they do? Plagiarize their own code and pass it off as their own, this is the hacking scene, not copying answers off of some poor kid's test answers. F*cking leeches.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

Well, I'm fine with it as long as it is in agreement with the original project's license. Not aware of whether it is like that or not in this case.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah. I was just hoping and researching last night for something better than Play!

How's Budokai 3 runing on it?
I run games on a snap dragon 835 phone. I haven't tested budokai 3 but Tenkaichi budokai 3 runs meh.

Is this the same people who made that "PLAY" PS2 emulator?

Also maybe this can turn my phone into a heat pad.
I'm assuming the person behind "Play!" Is developed by one person, this emu is developed by many.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does this inspire the PCSX2 team to port to android..... please? Hint hint.

Its gutting the work cannot be a collaboration, or fork, its now just taken down and swept under carpet most likely :(.

Now its down: Anyone got a working cracked copy I can test on shieldTV?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this inspire the PCSX2 team to port to android..... please? Hint hint.

Its gutting the work cannot be a collaboration, or fork, its now just taken down and swept under carpet most likely :(.

Now its down: Anyone got a working cracked copy I can test on shieldTV?
Just updated the front page.
Online is your best bet, their recent 1.0 stable update should work with shieldTV so look for that.

Reactions: KiiWii

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I cant seem to find a working apk either.
Maaan. I remember the days where you could just download these things off the interwebz and it'd be like, "eh, fuck it. Here ya go". Now there are SECURITY PATCHES TO MAKE YOU'VE PAID?!

I'm sure you can tell I'm joking a little bit there. But either way, I hope to find a way to get a cracked one. Really want dat budokai 3.

... anyone know anything aboutu Lucky Patcher?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maaan. I remember the days where you could just download these things off the interwebz and it'd be like, "eh, fuck it. Here ya go". Now there are SECURITY PATCHES TO MAKE YOU'VE PAID?!

I'm sure you can tell I'm joking a little bit there. But either way, I hope to find a way to get a cracked one. Really want dat budokai 3.

... anyone know anything aboutu Lucky Patcher?

Lucky patcher requires root afaik (though there seems to be a version with no need for root(?)), I have a rooted tablet and it works very well for IAP (in app purchase) but beyond that I'm not too familiar.

My shieldtv is not rooted.

On topic: would be good to have a repo of emulation specific pre-cracked apks: especially for aged packages. I really want to get a CPC emulator to work for amstrad GX4000... even retroarch lets me down...

I love the auto builds for dolphin: recently its been updated a F-zero GX works! Woohoo!

Last edited by KiiWii,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky patcher requires root afaik (though there seems to be a version with no need for root(?)), I have a rooted tablet and it works very well for IAP (in app purchase) but beyond that I'm not too familiar.

My shieldtv is not rooted.

On topic: would be good to have a repo of emulation specific pre-cracked apks.

I love the auto builds for dolphin: recently its been updated a F-zero GX works! Woohoo!
Damn. Haha!

And see, I'd gladly buy it! Looking for a cracked version though because the internet likes to not provide me with legit paying links for this emulator :P

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm fine with it as long as it is in agreement with the original project's license. Not aware of whether it is like that or not in this case.
It's not, the PCSX2 guys have sent them letters about it and they've flat out denied their allegations, and the Damon guys only went silent when presented with evidence. I smell fishery.

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a way to get the cracked version working, but as the code is stolen from the PCSX2 team I will not give out said information. It easy to look up on Google though. Just please don't pay for this plagerized piece of crap. It doesn't even work very well.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a way to get the cracked version working, but as the code is stolen from the PCSX2 team I will not give out said information. It easy to look up on Google though. Just please don't pay for this plagerized piece of crap. It doesn't even work very well.
IMO? You'd be doing right to give out the cracks and shit since it takes money from those who don't deserve it. You're giving out what's originally free software for free, which is intended by the PCSX2 devs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup