Android DamonPS2 PRO (PS2 Emulator For Android)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IMO? You'd be doing right to give out the cracks and shit since it takes money from those who don't deserve it. You're giving out what's originally free software for free, which is intended by the PCSX2 devs.
That and open source, don't forget they are obligated to post the source code for the project as well if it is based on the GNU GPL :^)

Reactions: MaverickWellington

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO? You'd be doing right to give out the cracks and shit since it takes money from those who don't deserve it. You're giving out what's originally free software for free, which is intended by the PCSX2 devs.

But this isn't made by the PCSX2 team. I'm not going to help spread the disease.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a way to get the cracked version working, but as the code is stolen from the PCSX2 team I will not give out said information. It easy to look up on Google though. Just please don't pay for this plagerized piece of crap. It doesn't even work very well.
So why bother even posting? LOL I've been googling for 45 minutes straight ha.

Either way, they're coming out with a paid solution and a free solution by the end of this month, so... I guess I can wait.

Reactions: KiiWii

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Does this inspire the PCSX2 team to port to android..... please? Hint hint.
The PCSX2 team has stated multiple times that they prefer to wait until their PC emulator is in a "perfect" state before they start working on other platforms. Other people are free to port PCSX2 to Android if they want, it is open source and there are already attempts.

But, IMO, I wouldn't want a PCSX2 port for Android because of how crazy intensive PCSX2 is, and because of how optimized it is for x86. A total rewritten emulator designed for ARM and Android would probably take less time and offer better emulation than a PCSX2 port, and it wouldn't take nearly as long to get it out than it would having to rework PCSX2 for Android. Play! would probably be the best bet, but since it's a one man hobby project it doesn't see consistent stable releases.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The PCSX2 team has stated multiple times that they prefer to wait until their PC emulator is in a "perfect" state before they start working on other platforms.

C'mon: They're their own harshest critics, so that'll be never..... :(

Other people are free to port PCSX2 to Android if they want, it is open source and there are already attempts.

So they DMCA'd damonPS2 because it wasnt done formally?

Yet its open source?

Im confused.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
C'mon: They're their own harshest critics, so that'll be never..... :(

So they DMCA'd damonPS2 because it wasnt done formally?

Yet its open source?

Im confused.
The DamonPS2 devs violated PCSX2's GNU General Public License. What this basically means is that, because the team used part of PCSX2's code that was under that license, they'd have to make the source code of their emulator available to the public for free, as per the license agreement. Obviously the DamonPro team wouldn't want to do this, because they're trying to charge users $10 for an emulator and if the source code were made available to the public, basically anyone could just compile the thing for free. PCSX2 contacted them, asked them to release the source code since they were using their code, and instead of saying "ok", they declined, claimed the source code would be released after 80 million downloads (which would never happen), and then tried to bribe their way out of a potential DMCA takedown.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The DamonPS2 devs violated PCSX2's GNU General Public License. What this basically means is that, because the team used part of PCSX2's code that was under that license, they'd have to make the source code of their emulator available to the public for free, as per the license agreement. Obviously the DamonPro team wouldn't want to do this, because they're trying to charge users $10 for an emulator and if the source code were made available to the public, basically anyone could just compile the thing for free. PCSX2 contacted them, asked them to release the source code since they were using their code, and instead of saying "ok", they declined, claimed the source code would be released after 80 million downloads (which would never happen), and then tried to bribe their way out of a potential DMCA takedown.

Ah I see, thanks for clarification.

Would be great to see more PCSX2 ports in future.

Dolphin and reicast are superb on ShieldTV, and PS2 emulation would add so many titles.

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PCSX2 will never reach a 100% state. Not as long as there are different configurations of PCs. And even then not all games will run perfect. Even the hardware has issues with games. So that's an unrealistic goal. It's like saying I'm not going to release my cure for cancer until it cure every form of cancer not just 99% of the cancers out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by player594,

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good News to anyone who wants a shot without paying that expensive fee. The emulator should be brought back on the store within a week while a free version is suppose to come out before the 15th of febuaray (ad filled though)
When I get the time I'll probably do performance test on games if anyone's interested.

Reactions: Spectral Blizzard

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good News to anyone who wants a shot without paying that expensive fee. The emulator should be brought back on the store within a week while a free version is suppose to come out before the 15th of febuaray (ad filled though)
When I get the time I'll probably do performance test on games if anyone's interested.
Yep! I already said this, but I'm super stoked!

Any certaian fame you're going to try first?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
who is idiot enough to BUY an EMULATOR
E
M
U
L
A...
fuck off you got it, wtf
I have bought all the John emulators, because the development is very good and they run very well. I like the screen and button layout options, so after using the free versions for years, I bought them all. Worth it.

BlackWizzard17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iots okasy man! :)

ohhh1 im excfited for that!
Yeah it runs pretty Smooth on a Snap Dragon 835 device. I'l try to get it done with in the next 1 or 2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So the Damon guys reached polished things with the PCSX2 guys or what happened?
This is what they had to say

About DamonPS2 and PCSX2 this hot news, I still do not understand why PCSX2 Team still persisted in his opinion that we copy PCSX2 source code, when they have no evidence of plagiarism at DamonPS2 source code level. After we have seen all the comments of the PCSX2 development team, I understand that Probably because nobody in the PCSX2 team knew the technical knowledge of developing emulator. So, that explains why the PCSX2 development team will not migrate PCSX2 source code to other platforms such as smartphones. So, that explains why PCSX2 development team can not even migrate the PCSx2 source code from the 32-bit x86 instruction set to the 64-bit x86 instruction set and long-term maintenance of these 64bit source codes. Because almost all of the top developers have left the PCSX2 project.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
https://damonps2pro.com/the-paid-version-of-damonps2-will-soon-be-resumed-on-google-play/
The paid version of DamonPS2 will soon be resumed on Google Play(Within a week, and previously purchased users do not need to buy again), and the free version (ad version) will be newly added to Google Play before the 15th of next month.
About DamonPS2 and PCSX2 this hot news, I still do not understand why PCSX2 Team still persisted in his opinion that we copy PCSX2 source code, when they have no evidence of plagiarism at DamonPS2 source code level. After we have seen all the comments of the PCSX2 development team, I understand that Probably because nobody in the PCSX2 team knew the technical knowledge of developing emulator. So, that explains why the PCSX2 development team will not migrate PCSX2 source code to other platforms such as smartphones. So, that explains why PCSX2 development team can not even migrate the PCSx2 source code from the 32-bit x86 instruction set to the 64-bit x86 instruction set and long-term maintenance of these 64bit source codes. Because almost all of the top developers have left the PCSX2 project.
In conclusion, through the talk of PCSX2’s active developers, we can see that most people of the current PCSX2 team have absolutely no understanding of advanced emulator optimization techniques. If they think that using advanced optimization technology (such as Vulcan etc.) on smartphones can not increase the low frame rate of many games by 10x frame rate, it only means that most of the technical experts have left (Only website maintainers are left), and it only means that the PCSX2 emulator is dying. If most peoples (people who only do website maintenance) of the current PCSX2 team is jealous of our achievements, and make a variety of unfounded guesses, and go to more sites to cry, we can understand.
From another perspective, following the way Chinese Internet companies think, we are very grateful to the PCSX2 development team for putting DamonPS2’s “introduction” on the top webpage of PCSX2 site, bringing us more user traffic (In recent days, Facebook Group’s new user number is 3x than before, DamonPS2 APP’s daily number of new users is 1.5x than before), This is because the announcements on the PCSX2 homepage let many PS2 users on the PC-side know that there is another PS2 emulator on the Android-side, DamonPS2!!! So let’s save a lot of advertising on Facebook, this equates to more money we can spend to accelerate the development of PCSX2 emulator. For the player, this is good!
Let’s wait and see. The final referee is Google. Within a month, damonps2 will be shown on Google Play and Google will be the final verdict to see who is shameful. We have 10,000% confidence in the legitimacy of our source code(DamonPS2 Source Code), just as we believe the Qualcomm 660 will be able to run all PS2 games at full frame rate(60 FPS) after one year, if you are using DamonPS2 emulator. So, hopefully, more media (including the PCSX2 website) will continue to cover us. Because, from purely commercial point of view, as a hot news, which makes DamonPS2 users grew faster. More users means more advertising revenue. So let’s have more revenue to develop PS2 emulators faster than before.This is a successful business operation for players, the media, and for us.

In short, as I saw the number of users of DamonPS2 growing faster, during the warming up of this hot news. Why? Because players only care about how to play to more PS2 games on the mobile phone, just as people care about their wallets only. The quarrel between developers? When users run PS2 games, they do not care. Just as, when you use an iphone, you will not be concerned about how many Chinese workers committed suicide from iphone OEMs (IPhone is made in China). So, this more strengthened our determination to continue to optimize DamonPS2! “USER FIRST” , this truth is proved once again.

Finally, the legitimacy of DamonPS2 is double-confirmed by Google and the Chinese government. Within a month! Free version (with ad version) and paid version coming soon. Within a year our goal is, “Double-90” !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This means:
* 90% of the PS2 games run perfectly on the DamonPS emulator (perfect level: No texture errors, No polygon error, No sound glitch, No other problems ),
* 90% of the PS2 games can run at full framerates (60FPS) on Qualcomm 660 devices(or faster device).
After a year, you will witness its implementation.

Note: Currently DamonPS2 official media only Facebook and Youtube, any other fake official media sites or web pages are fake, please beware of being deceived.

BlackWizzard17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who dafuk is john?
and which emulators you're talking about, this guy made something?
He is referrng to this
Screenshot_20180120-050439.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water