Dark Souls is coming to the Switch

Switch_DarkSoulsRemastered_artwork_01.jpg

Confirmed today by Nintendo, Dark Souls is coming to Nintendo Switch on May 25th:
The first title in the genre-defining action role-playing franchise is coming to Nintendo Switch. DARK SOULS: REMASTERED includes the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, as well as improved framerate and resolution from the original DARK SOULS game for an exhilarating return to Lordran.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I cant believe that a game has to make sacrifices to be playable on a portable console. I expect portable systems to match the performance of home consoles, and for nintendo to make sure no third party games get ported to the new system. Brand new 4k 144 fps only"

you do know, excuses can be made regardless by its fans.
Wii was not portable, yet ohh again inferior hardware
wii u was not portable, ohh again inferior

you could have had this game, way back then, when it first released, nope and why, nintendo and its cheap hardware.

and you do know the switch is pretty lame also in comparison to other tablet devices and you do know, if nintendo wanted they could have included better hardware.

you do know this is marketed as a home console hybrid portable console.

so your defending that this choice again is going to be why you'lll have to wait years to get todays titles..... so your defending this is the reason why your now seeing old ports from years go finally hitting Nintendo consoles.

to someone who isnt a fan, and actually plays other consoles rather than slate them for having the games you dont get, then you all contradict years later when theyre ported.... the switch has nothing worthy buying that i dont already own, or can get cheaper on the superior consoles.

i stated before it launched, the third party support nintendo keep promising to improve will be in the form of old ports, during its first year and it will phase out....... its always been the case.

i dont buy the BS excuse of better first party, because again nintendo 99.9% of the time recycle the same tittles over and over.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

you could have had this game, way back then, when it first released, nope and why, nintendo and its cheap hardware.

and you do know the switch is pretty lame also in comparison to other tablet devices and you do know, if nintendo wanted they could have included better hardware.

so your defending that this choice again is going to be why you'lll have to wait years to get todays titles..... so your defending this is the reason why your now seeing old ports from years go finally hitting Nintendo consoles.

to someone who isnt a fan, and actually plays other consoles rather than slate them for having the games you dont get, then you all contradict years later when theyre ported.... the switch has nothing worthy buying that i dont already own, or can get cheaper on the superior consoles.

i stated before it launched, the third party support nintendo keep promising to improve will be in the form of old ports, during its first year and it will phase out....... its always been the case.

i dont buy the BS excuse of better first party, because again nintendo 99.9% of the time recycle the same tittles over and over.
Then buy a PS4 or Xbox One X and have fun with those titles? Or go the PC/Switch route that a lot have.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then buy a PS4 or Xbox One X and have fun with those titles? Or go the PC/Switch route that a lot have.
I own all consoles, noted why again i am pointing about another new console from nintendo getting old ports of titles it failed to get first time round.

so maybe if nintendo actually want to do what it keeps promising and improve third party support, maybe they should improve hardware so your able to get todays games, nevermind, if you all love waiting 7+ years for these titles to finaly come your way then great.

you never know, you might get todays games in about 10 years time!

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wii was inferior hardware, there's no defending that. Wii U was inferior, but came out earlier and was no where near as inferior as the Wii was. Wii U was closer to ps4 in terms of power than to ps3, and it did come out a solid amount earlier than the ps4 did so it really wasn't as unreasonable as you make it sound. Switch, no matter how you market it, is not in reality a hybrid console. In reality it's a handheld you can display on your tv. It is limited by every limit that effects handheld consoles. If you are going to be mad it's not as powerful as a ps4, then also be mad the gba isn't as powerful as a ps2 because you can run it on your tv in the gameboy player as a "hybrid console". And the Wii u got third party games throughout it's life. Axium verge, wonderful 101, mighty number 9, binding of isaac, shovel knight, bayonetta 2. Bayo 2 was the best true third party exclusive of the generation since bloodborne was co developed by sony.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii was inferior hardware, there's no defending that. Wii U was inferior, but came out earlier and was no where near as inferior as the Wii was. Wii U was closer to ps4 in terms of power than to ps3, and it did come out a solid amount earlier than the ps4 did so it really wasn't as unreasonable as you make it sound. Switch, no matter how you market it, is not in reality a hybrid console. In reality it's a handheld you can display on your tv. It is limited by every limit that effects handheld consoles. If you are going to be mad it's not as powerful as a ps4, then also be mad the gba isn't as powerful as a ps2 because you can run it on your tv in the gameboy player as a "hybrid console". And the Wii u got third party games throughout it's life. Axium verge, wonderful 101, mighty number 9, binding of isaac, shovel knight, bayonetta 2. Bayo 2 was the best true third party exclusive of the generation since bloodborne was co developed by sony.

Regardless if your a glass half full or a glass half empty..... its not marketed as a portable console, its marketed as a console hybrid that you can take from your home and play on the go.

it is however nintendo's next console, as its to replace the Wii U, yet nintendo claim not to replace the 3DS, so it is as stated, a console hybrid.... if you chose it argue it, then i guess nintendo and everyone else on the web is in the wrong, just to again defend a logic that suites the fans.

its limitations are all due to nintendo for choosing to release it as it is, they knew they needed an idea to ensure they dont get another wii u failure, now this gimmick is sure to strike gold.

i think your failing to see the points made here and again yes wii u had games, but it was dropped by nearly all major third party studios within the first year, sorry to tell you but even nintendo confirm the wii u was a failure.

but to the point, nintendo could have made the next console to follow on from the wii u to be equal or at least more powerful than current (last gen) consoles.... who else do you blame for this?

they could have even put more hardware power in the switch itself, could have used better hardware, but its nintendo who released a cheap system in the hope again its hype prints money.

never the less still does not change the simple fact that when it comes to nintendo you get the games of the last decade.

i remember when it was n64 v ps1, cube v ps2, yes all you were comparing graphics.... ironic you all do the opposite when it suites you, ironically when its nintendo on poor form.

there is one guarantee, nintendo will be again first to release its new console, wonder what BS gimmick theyll use to spin its subpar PS4/XBX1 hardware while the others move forward.

nintendo are the apple when it comes to gaming consoles, over priced inferior old hardware, and old ports of titles they lacked first time round.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Regardless if your a glass half full or a glass half empty..... its not marketed as a portable console, its marketed as a console hybrid that you can take from your home and play on the go.

it is however nintendo's next console, as its to replace the Wii U, yet nintendo claim not to replace the 3DS, so it is as stated, a console hybrid.... if you chose it argue it, then i guess nintendo and everyone else on the web is in the wrong, just to again defend a logic that suites the fans.

its limitations are all due to nintendo for choosing to release it as it is, they knew they needed an idea to ensure they dont get another wii u failure, now this gimmick is sure to strike gold.

i think your failing to see the points made here and again yes wii u had games, but it was dropped by nearly all major third party studios within the first year, sorry to tell you but even nintendo confirm the wii u was a failure.

but to the point, nintendo could have made the next console to follow on from the wii u to be equal or at least more powerful than current (last gen) consoles.... who else do you blame for this?

they could have even put more hardware power in the switch itself, could have used better hardware, but its nintendo who released a cheap system in the hope again its hype prints money.

never the less still does not change the simple fact that when it comes to nintendo you get the games of the last decade.

i remember when it was n64 v ps1, cube v ps2, yes all you were comparing graphics.... ironic you all do the opposite when it suites you, ironically when its nintendo on poor form.

there is one guarantee, nintendo will be again first to release its new console, wonder what BS gimmick theyll use to spin its subpar PS4/XBX1 hardware while the others move forward.

nintendo are the apple when it comes to gaming consoles, over priced inferior old hardware, and old ports of titles they lacked first time round.
how do you expect to make a hybrid console as powerfull as the ps4? or even close to it? you just cant, you cant make a portable ps4 or close for 300 euros and even if you did your batery would last under 1 hour unless you filled the portable part with 4 or 5 baterys wich would make an handheld console heavy as crap.

you cannot make a portable or even hybrid console close to ps4 and have its batery even last an hour period.

Last edited by pedro702,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you expect to make a hybrid console as powerfull as the ps4? or even close to it? you just cant, you cant make a portable ps4 or close for 300 euros and even if you did your batery would last under 1 hour unless you filled the portable part with 4 or 5 baterys wich would make an handheld console heavy as crap.

you cannot make a portable or even hybrid console close to ps4 and have its barty even last an hour period.
ok erm

at no point did i say as powerful as the ps4, and it would not be impossible, more ram, better cpu/gpu higher internal storage so devs can compress/decompress textures to/from the game card to the console.

i think you will have heard me state this, a console with better hardware, we know nintendo will never do anything along the lines of PS4/XBX1..... this will be its next system when the hardware is cheap as shit and they can think of another BS gimmick.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ok erm

at no point did i say as powerful as the ps4, and it would not be impossible, more ram, better cpu/gpu higher internal storage so devs can compress/decompress textures to/from the game card to the console.

i think you will have heard me state this, a console with better hardware, we know nintendo will never do anything along the lines of PS4/XBX1..... this will be its next system when the hardware is cheap as shit and they can think of another BS gimmick.
nintendo already halved the switch cpu wich is capablle of 2ghz o preserve batery, basicaly every portable console has cpus clocked down to save batery and overheat like psp,vita,ds,3ds,new 3ds and such.

sure they could put it at 2ghz as it was made to be but you would get a 1hour at best of gaming even with switch gpu, and the switch batery isnt a bad batery at all, doing graphics eats the batery dry on every device, a gaming laptop costing over 2000 cant last 3 hours even has has a huge ass batery.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok erm

How is being portable a b.s. gimick? Motion controls, maybe. The gamepad? Kinda, but it was still super useful in many games like Zelda and xenoblade. Being portable? That's not a gimmick and it's certainly not bs. You're acting like it being portable is an excuse to make it weaker, rather than the truth which is that for good reason there is president for systems that can be used portably being weaker than a home system of the same era and price. Again I'll compare it to the gameboy advance player. It could play gameboy advance games on your tv. But no one bitched they didn't match the power of ps2 games, even though you could play them on the go or on your home system.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is being portable a b.s. gimick? Motion controls, maybe. The gamepad? Kinda, but it was still super useful in many games like Zelda and xenoblade. Being portable? That's not a gimmick and it's certainly not bs. You're acting like it being portable is an excuse to make it weaker, rather than the truth which is that for good reason there is president for systems that can be used portably being weaker than a home system of the same era and price. Again I'll compare it to the gameboy advance player. It could play gameboy advance games on your tv. But no one bitched they didn't match the power of ps2 games, even though you could play them on the go or on your home system.
how?

if it didnt have the whole tablet concept and was just a console, you would see that yet again like the wii u nintendo opted to go for inferior hardware again.

and yes zelda really plays well portable i mean how the fuck are you meant to do most shrines while sat on the bus/train or in the back of a car.... which require you to desconnect the joycons in order to tilt, jerk, shake....

i think you fail (like many fans) the reason to why nintendo did this in the first place, its concept sounds great, adding a gimmick, being a tablet at its hardware is cheap for them.

the fact that you cant see past nintendo consoles how its been using gimmicks to mask the fact its cheap and inferior.

nintendo could have easily released a next gen console to surpass current gen, but we all know since the cube nintendo do not want to do this as it costs them more, this is perfectly the reason why they have since released cheap old crap with a gimmick.

and thanks for nintendo being cheap again, majority of your games you all get excited over are the ones i said before the console launched, old ports..... ohh how y'all didnt accept it then, fuck me even when its FACT you all make another BS excuse to tell yourself it cant be true.

stop quoting me, sit back and return this time next year and witness third party support be dead, if it has any it will be shovelware crap, it will not get current AAA titles.

i think its amusing how no one can take their fan goggles off and actually look back, i guess if you love the shit out of the company it blinds you.

as a gamer you see no point buying a nintendo console when you finally get to play games from 2 generations ago, and you know why you never had the chance last time and the reason why you wont get current games now, again youll have to wait 3 years.

I actually predict (depending on sony/ms) nintendo will likely make switch its 3DS successor and then release a new home console, because third parties will not support it porting new games when it cant port current ps4/xbx1 games.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
how?

if it didnt have the whole tablet concept and was just a console, you would see that yet again like the wii u nintendo opted to go for inferior hardware again.

and yes zelda really plays well portable i mean how the fuck are you meant to do most shrines while sat on the bus/train or in the back of a car.... which require you to desconnect the joycons in order to tilt, jerk, shake....

i think you fail (like many fans) the reason to why nintendo did this in the first place, its concept sounds great, adding a gimmick, being a tablet at its hardware is cheap for them.

the fact that you cant see past nintendo consoles how its been using gimmicks to mask the fact its cheap and inferior.

nintendo could have easily released a next gen console to surpass current gen, but we all know since the cube nintendo do not want to do this as it costs them more, this is perfectly the reason why they have since released cheap old crap with a gimmick.

and thanks for nintendo being cheap again, majority of your games you all get excited over are the ones i said before the console launched, old ports..... ohh how y'all didnt accept it then, fuck me even when its FACT you all make another BS excuse to tell yourself it cant be true.

stop quoting me, sit back and return this time next year and witness third party support be dead, if it has any it will be shovelware crap, it will not get current AAA titles.

i think its amusing how no one can take their fan goggles off and actually look back, i guess if you love the shit out of the company it blinds you.

as a gamer you see no point buying a nintendo console when you finally get to play games from 2 generations ago, and you know why you never had the chance last time and the reason why you wont get current games now, again youll have to wait 3 years.

I actually predict (depending on sony/ms) nintendo will likely make switch its 3DS successor and then release a new home console, because third parties will not support it porting new games when it cant port current ps4/xbx1 games.
Portable? A gimmick? What?

Also

Made me laugh, so thank you for that. If it were a true to life home console, the hardware might not be so bad. You're still assuming that they'd have gone with Nvidias MOBILE chipset. Of course you're still on an anti-Nintendo fit and you don't even know why.

We all know what you'll do next year when third party support is better. You'll piss and moan about how they're rehashed, and completely ignore the Switch exclusive (3rd party exclusive) titles and pretend you're right.

Some of your points make some sense, then you've got a garbled mess like this. You don't know what a gimmick is, it seems. You don't know what is making the Switch a better Nintendo console than its predecessor. You clearly don't know what makes Nintendo the big household name that it is. I suggest you sit down and shut up before you hurt yourself.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Portable? A gimmick? What?

Also

Made me laugh, so thank you for that. If it were a true to life home console, the hardware might not be so bad. You're still assuming that they'd have gone with Nvidias MOBILE chipset. Of course you're still on an anti-Nintendo fit and you don't even know why.

We all know what you'll do next year when third party support is better. You'll piss and moan about how they're rehashed, and completely ignore the Switch exclusive (3rd party exclusive) titles and pretend you're right.

Some of your points make some sense, then you've got a garbled mess like this. You don't know what a gimmick is, it seems. You don't know what is making the Switch a better Nintendo console than its predecessor. You clearly don't know what makes Nintendo the big household name that it is. I suggest you sit down and shut up before you hurt yourself.
ill leave it as is is, the fanboys believe what they want to believe.

to the rest of us, we know perfectly why nintendo chose a tablet.

come back next year and find devs have ported its titles and found its expensive format shows a decline in sales compared to other systems.

ohhh fuck me, tell you what, ill just back up the whole third party argument with...... its took you 7 fucking years to get this game, and im sure as its not the only old port, we all know more will come, i mean fuck me nintendo always play catch up when it comes to third party titles.

its a shame its took nintendo two generations to start getting ps3/360 games.

time will tell, but saying that even when we state how wii u was a flop, its devoted fans insist it wasnt....

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retroyboy aren't you tired to constantly parasite every single thread that even remotely has to do with nintendo?
Like seriously, this is a thread about dark souls, a game being remastered to every console, and just like a billion times before all you're doing is criticize the hardware of a console.

WE GOT IT, you don't like nintendo's hardware, you don't like counter arguments, we're not allowed to enjoy a title if it doesn't have super magnificent graphics and doesn't run best and everyone is a fanboy. Can we PLEASE move on?

Last edited by deinonychus71,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
retroyboy aren't you tired to constantly parasite every single thread that even remotely has to do with nintendo?
Like seriously, this is a thread about dark souls, a game being remastered to every console, and just like a billion times before all you're doing is criticize the hardware of a console.

WE GOT IT, you don't like nintendo's hardware, you don't like counter arguments, we're not allowed to enjoy a title if it doesn't have super magnificent graphics and doesn't run best and everyone is a fanboy. Can we PLEASE move on?
That's too easy. There's a challenge (hehe) in it somewhere.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how?

"If you didn't see that it was portable, and pretended it was a home console, it would seem weak". Let me change this for sony. "If you didn't see the vitas portability gimmick, and just played it at home, it would seem weak". See how dumb that sounds? Also you don't need to disconnect the joycons to play the (2 or 3 optional) shrines with motion controls lmao, that's straight false information. And I have a $1000 pc. If I want to play current gen AAA games, I won't use my switch. Or my wii u. Or my ps4. I'll use that cause I'm not stupid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs