Dark Souls is coming to the Switch

Switch_DarkSoulsRemastered_artwork_01.jpg

Confirmed today by Nintendo, Dark Souls is coming to Nintendo Switch on May 25th:
The first title in the genre-defining action role-playing franchise is coming to Nintendo Switch. DARK SOULS: REMASTERED includes the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, as well as improved framerate and resolution from the original DARK SOULS game for an exhilarating return to Lordran.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, great knews, right?
I am already partying in anticipation.
/s
if your not arsed about playing it while having a crap, you can pick it up for £2.99 and i wonder when its released if theyll be a comparrison video of switch v ps3/360/ps4/xbx1.

kinda like with doom and you can see how poor the textures are in comparison, its textures look like original xbox in comparison, but i guess when it suites nintendo fans, graphics arent important.

but bet when nintendo were on top form (snes/n64/cube/certain old ports on wii u) different tune.

either way, another game i already own, so no interest.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if your not arsed about playing it while having a crap, you can pick it up for £2.99 and i wonder when its released if theyll be a comparrison video of switch v ps3/360/ps4/xbx1.

kinda like with doom and you can see how poor the textures are in comparison, its textures look like original xbox in comparison, but i guess when it suites nintendo fans, graphics arent important.

but bet when nintendo were on top form (snes/n64/cube/certain old ports on wii u) different tune.

either way, another game i already own, so no interest.
Actually, I think I already got it for free on XBOX ONE GOLD... Or did it come as a "free gift" download code together with my XB1 copy of Dark Souls 3?... No idea, but I have it somewhere on my XB1 (the original one I mean, not a remaster) and I still haven't played it.
Would buy it again only to play it on the go nonetheless.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another reason not to buy a Switch. Who needs ports that are already on other consoles? It's not like Switch owners live in another dimension. I feel that the Switch will be another Wii U, a big failure with lot's of gimmicks but no games of value.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another reason not to buy a Switch. Who needs ports that are already on other consoles? It's not like Switch owners live in another dimension. I feel that the Switch will be another Wii U, a big failure with lot's of gimmicks but no games of value.
Well this version is substantially superior to the 360 and ps3 versions, and to the ps4 and xbone versions too because this can be played portably if you choose. And the switch (and wii u) have the game that won every goty award last year, as well as odyssey, the only other exclusive that did really well besides maybe hzd. How can you possibly say it doesnt have games of value?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

defkyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The switch a big failure?? Have you been reading the news lately? It may not be for you but calling it a failure and comparing to the Wii U is just wrong.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The switch a big failure?? Have you been reading the news lately? It may not be for you but calling it a failure and comparing to the Wii U is just wrong.

He's thinking it'll turn into a big failure. Not exactly far from the truth. These rereleases coming out at near if not full price are becoming obnoxious.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not like you're being forced to buy them, methinks people are salty AF about this. Sheesh.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well this version is substantially superior to the 360 and ps3 versions, and to the ps4 and xbone versions too because this can be played portably if you choose. And the switch (and wii u) have the game that won every goty award last year, as well as odyssey, the only other exclusive that did really well besides maybe hzd. How can you possibly say it doesnt have games of value?
I think BotW didn't earn any of those awards, besides it was supposed to be a Wii U release. But i am happy if others are happy with games that for me don't live up to the quality Nintendo once had, like in the days of the N64. Superb release after another. I for one don't need those games and will pass.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the core gamer that Nintendo once served it is another disappointment, let me put it that way.

Reactions: geodeath

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's not like you're being forced to buy them, methinks people are salty AF about this. Sheesh.

Why wouldn't they be? At least 3/4 of the Switch library are rereleases and ports at this point. Not to mention the fact they're trying to charge near if not full price for the game. So, yeah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good