DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering the R4i's problem with the cheat comments or special char handling, is it EVERY R4i? or just the r4i-sdhc?

also would you consider releasing a special r4 usrcheat that has none of the comments or special char's in the code name or description?

with my version i just trimmed the codes from the roms and deleted all the codes i didn't want/need and removed all comments manually... but this took quite some time

not sure if there's a more update program to edit these instead of using the R4CCE (seems outdated as fk if you ask me), haven't found any alternatives that won't crash while trying to load the usrcheat.dat
considering the R4i's problem with the cheat comments or special char handling, is it EVERY R4i? or just the r4i-sdhc?
This only occurs with the R4i kernels presented from www.r4i-sdhc.com. Wood R4/RPG, Stargate, AKAIO, etc. do NOT have this issue at all.

also would you consider releasing a special r4 usrcheat that has none of the comments or special char's in the code name or description?
I will not be able to do that because then I would have to go through the entire list just to remove comments and what not, which would take much longer than I would like. Alternatively you can use YSmenu, there was an update a few days ago (v7.05) and it works with the R4i flashcarts perfectly. The cheats are displayed properly with that kernel. Like I mentioned earlier the only other way of fixing this without using other kernels would be to fix what we already have, sadly nobody is willing to do that. (I am doing my best to crack the kernel already.)

with my version i just trimmed the codes from the roms and deleted all the codes i didn't want/need and removed all comments manually... but this took quite some time
If you want to continue to use the R4i kernel (that kernel sucks to be honest) then you will have to deal with doing things like this. If it was super easy to just do a few clicks to remove certain things I would have done so already because I too have this flashcart (I don't use it though because I have flashcarts that are so much better than the R4i SDHC 3DS RTS). Trust me the issue bugs me too.

not sure if there's a more update program to edit these instead of using the R4CCE (seems outdated as fk if you ask me), haven't found any alternatives that won't crash while trying to load the usrcheat.dat

R4CCE is just fine actually, the loading speed is based on your PC CPU (in my case I use an Intel Core i7-7700k CPU currently clocked at 5.00 GHz, 4.20 GHz is more than enough already though). The usrcheat.dat loads up on R4CCE instantly for me. I have NEVER had crashing issues or any other errors with R4CCE. The latest version of R4CCE is v0.86.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,
Reactions: ninjistix

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This only occurs with the R4i kernels presented from www.r4i-sdhc.com. Wood R4/RPG, Stargate, AKAIO, etc. do NOT have this issue at all.

I will not be able to do that because then I would have to go through the entire list just to remove comments and what not, which would take much longer than I would like. Alternatively you can use YSmenu, there was an update a few days ago (v7.05) and it works with the R4i flashcarts perfectly. The cheats are displayed properly with that kernel. Like I mentioned earlier the only other way of fixing this without using other kernels would be to fix what we already have, sadly nobody is willing to do that. (I am doing my best to crack the kernel already.)

If you want to continue to use the R4i kernel (that kernel sucks to be honest) then you will have to deal with doing things like this. If it was super easy to just do a few clicks to remove certain things I would have done so already because I too have this flashcart (I don't use it though because I have flashcarts that are so much better than the R4i SDHC 3DS RTS). Trust me the issue bugs me too.

R4CCE is just fine actually, the loading speed is based on your PC CPU (in my case I use an Intel Core i7-7700k CPU currently clocked at 5.00 GHz, 4.20 GHz is more than enough already though). The usrcheat.dat loads up on R4CCE instantly for me. I have NEVER had crashing issues or any other errors with R4CCE. The latest version of R4CCE is v0.86.

R4CCE isn't crashing for me, was a diff program I found other day. But I doubt my system would have any issues running that, either old pc had the 4700k, new pc has the 7820X. I believe it was the this one that kept crashing while trying to open the usrcheat.

I ordered a differnt flash card last night honestly, tired of this one... i got this you think its good?

Any chance you can link to the YSmenu or installation institutions?

edit:
and thanks for the quick and promptly replies :D, most of the threads that ive submitted feedback to haven't received replies from their OP :/

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4CCE isn't crashing for me, was a diff program I found other day. But I doubt my system would have any issues running that, either old pc had the 4700k, new pc has the 7820X. I believe it was the this one that kept crashing while trying to open the usrcheat.

I ordered a differnt flash card last night honestly, tired of this one... i got this you think its good?

edit:
and thanks for the quick and promptly replies :D, most of the threads that ive submitted feedback to haven't received replies from their OP :/
Yea that is a piece of junk cheat program lol. R4CCE is far better than that.

The R4i Gold 3DS Plus is the best R4 flashcart that exists currently, it uses the official Wood R4 kernel (v1.64). The cheats work on that flawlessly and they do NOT have display issues with characters and what not. I have this flashcart as well so I already know how it works :).

Here you go:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Don't feel bad, I get that type of treatment too, especially with questions I ask via private message(s). I either get ignored with no responses or something ends up going south because people tend to take things one too many steps farther than they should have lol. Another issue is people HAVE to be correct about everything (I make mistakes and may not give the right info, I can at least admit defeat when I am wrong lol).

Reactions: ninjistix

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the small temporary issue with the old link everyone, I had to upload the cheat databases again because I accidentally sent the wrong changelog to you guys. All fixed now, enjoy!

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the small temporary issue with the old link everyone, I had to upload the cheat databases again because I accidentally sent the wrong changelog to you guys. All fixed now, enjoy!
have you thought about using github to do releases? (sorry i recently turned into a github junky)

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you thought about using github to do releases? (sorry i recently turned into a github junky)
Yep I already have thought about this. I decided not to use GitHub for this because this type of work isn't something that's really GitHub material, what I mean by this is the work I have done isn't good enough to be worthy of it. If I was doing something like making a 3DS emulator or something along those lines then that would be a different story. Filetrip isn't just a place to host files, tons of NDS tools and other various things related to the NDS consoles are actually hosted there too, most people go there for things like this these days.

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I already have thought about this. I decided not to use GitHub for this because this type of work isn't something that's really GitHub material, what I mean by this is the work I have done isn't good enough to be worthy of it. If I was doing something like making a 3DS emulator or something along those lines then that would be a different story. Filetrip isn't just a place to host files, tons of NDS tools and other various things related to the NDS consoles are actually hosted there too, most people go there for things like this these days.
oh I've been on there, but i guess at that point most of the stuff had looked outdated, i mentioned github because it actually shows you like if something is still active, plus if someone else decides to fork and continue the work, you can follow along through GitHub. but then again just my 2cents

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh I've been on there, but i guess at that point most of the stuff had looked outdated, i mentioned github because it actually shows you like if something is still active, plus if someone else decides to fork and continue the work, you can follow along through GitHub. but then again just my 2cents
Old, not obsolete ;). Thanks for the suggestion though.

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the correct game id for pokemon white 2? the usrcheat has 012AF769 my rom has 8940AFC1? because white 2 isnt show up as having cheats in ysmenu

edit: re-downloaded rom from different source (after searching a few mins), and it has the correct version and the cheat menu shows up in ys

Last edited by ninjistix,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the correct game id for pokemon white 2? the usrcheat has 012AF769 my rom has 8940AFC1? because white 2 isnt show up as having cheats in ysmenu

edit: re-downloaded rom from different source (after searching a few mins), and it has the correct version and the cheat menu shows up in ys
All the game ID's and what not on all the cheat databases are the proper ID's, I got rid of the bad dumped ID's and replaced them with proper dump ID's. I personally made sure ALL of the cheats had the right ID's, hence why it took a month just to update the cheats.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone, I am now working on adding more cheats, I have also been working on adding a little bonus to the "Backlight Codes" cheats for each of the games ;).

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Psycake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey there!

I got an R4i Gold 3DS Plus, which supports both usrcheat.dat and cheat.dat, but the former occupies more space, so which one should I use? or is it the same?

D

Deleted User

one is encrypted, the other is decrypted.
So do these files each have the same amount of cheats? If I put these both together would it combine them or prioritize one over the other? I am talking about cheat.dat and urscheat.dat

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do these files each have the same amount of cheats? If I put these both together would it combine them or prioritize one over the other? I am talking about cheat.dat and urscheat.dat
Each database has the same cheats, however their formats are different, plus some are encrypted and others are decrypted. One thing to also note is even though every database has the same cheats, the file size is different for each of them, again that is just due to the cheat format it is in.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll use the smallest one then (cheat.dat). Thanks!
the file size of the cheats won't impact the space on your micro SD card much at all.

Reactions: cvskid
D

Deleted User

Each database has the same cheats, however their formats are different, plus some are encrypted and others are decrypted. One thing to also note is even though every database has the same cheats, the file size is different for each of them, again that is just due to the cheat format it is in.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the file size of the cheats won't impact the space on your micro SD card much at all.

Thanks for the reply.

MagicalWingLT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm getting very frustrated with this. I recently got a pre installed 208 game cart from E Bay. The usrcheat was blank with no cheats. So I have to put them on manually. Everyone is saying that I can find a usrcheat.dat file with pre installed cheats and just put it on the RPG and Cheat folder. So I downloaded this one put it on the sd card and it's still blank when I should be seeing cheat codes. I enabled the feature in settings and that did nothing as well... What am I doing wrong here? Is there a extra step I need to do? I really don't want to do this in the cheat editor if one is already made....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: