Emulation Decaf WiiU Emulator

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Also they are only 2 working on this emulator. And they are the only "team" who actually does real search about the wiiu (not including cemu cause not useful: we would need to RE it and I don't think this will be appreciated by the dev :P).

"Only two people" is not a viable excuse when the CEMU team is also "Only two people". It's up to them how often they produce updates and personally I don't really care how often updates come out... When they do, I'll try it and then wait patiently for the next... I'm just saying "Only two devs" is not a viable excuse in this case! :P

As for your nonsense about them being the only team that does any real research. You're gonna have to prove that one.

Last edited by FloatingFatMan,

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Only two people" is not a viable excuse when the CEMU team is also "Only two people". It's up to them how often they produce updates and personally I don't really care how often updates come out... When they do, I'll try it and then wait patiently for the next... I'm just saying "Only two devs" is not a viable excuse in this case! :P

As for your nonsense about them being the only team that does any real research. You're gonna have to prove that one.
We don't know how many people work on cemu......

Why is it a nonsense statement? Wiiubrew does not document any function of the system (the existing doc...... Is...... Well shit.) CEMU kept everything private. Actuall wiiu homebrew use system function and not re-implemented function. And no one is no more interested by the wiiu (except a few people).

Reactions: AceofZeroz

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
We don't know how many people work on cemu......

Yes we do. It's two, unless you're calling Exzap a liar? In which case, prove it.

Why is it a nonsense statement? Wiiubrew does not document any function of the system (the existing doc...... Is...... Well shit.) CEMU kept everything private. Actuall wiiu homebrew use system function and not re-implemented function. And no one is no more interested by the wiiu (except a few people).

It's impossible for Exzap and Petergov to have done as much as they have so far without any research. The very existence of CEMU proves they've researched, they just haven't shared that with anyone so far. Nor should they have to.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes we do. It's two, unless you're calling Exzap a liar? In which case, prove it.

It's impossible for Exzap and Petergov to have done as much as they have so far without any research. The very existence of CEMU proves they've researched, they just haven't shared that with anyone so far. Nor should they have to.
I think when they said "research," they meant for educational/archival purposes. The fact that it's closed source and doesn't run homebrew shoes Cemu is expressly created for running retail games first and precise/accurate emulation later

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

For the first point I didn't know so sorry?

Also second point is exactly why I argus "decaf is the only team". Cause it's .................... closed source

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
For the first point I didn't know so sorry?

Also second point is exactly why I argus "decaf is the only team". Cause it's .................... closed source

So? I'm a closed source developer too, and I assure you, I'm most definitely in a team. Team lead, in fact.

Open source is not the be all and end all of development, far from in. In fact, it's an absolutely TERRIBLE model for anyone except hobby developers or big corps that make their money through means other than selling products they develop. Open source is why Linux will never be able to compete with Microsoft or Apple in the desktop space. If CEMU were open source, it's quite likely it'd be at a similar stage of development as Decaf is. If you want projects to progress quickly you need to pay developers so that they focus their time on it instead of things like putting food on the table and paying their bills, and for that, you're almost certainly going to go closed source.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think when they said "research," they meant for educational/archival purposes. The fact that it's closed source and doesn't run homebrew shoes Cemu is expressly created for running retail games first and precise/accurate emulation later

Running commercial software is usually the main aim for any console emulator. Otherwise where's the incentive? Sure, you can argue that it's for homebrew, but no one with any sense is going to take you seriously if you make such a daft claim. The whole point of these console emulators is so people can play the games on their PC's. Homebrew usually gets added later on, as an afterthought.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So? I'm a closed source developer too, and I assure you, I'm most definitely in a team. Team lead, in fact.

Open source is not the be all and end all of development, far from in. In fact, it's an absolutely TERRIBLE model for anyone except hobby developers or big corps that make their money through means other than selling products they develop. Open source is why Linux will never be able to compete with Microsoft or Apple in the desktop space. If CEMU were open source, it's quite likely it'd be at a similar stage of development as Decaf is. If you want projects to progress quickly you need to pay developers so that they focus their time on it instead of things like putting food on the table and paying their bills, and for that, you're almost certainly going to go closed source.

Running commercial software is usually the main aim for any console emulator. Otherwise where's the incentive? Sure, you can argue that it's for homebrew, but no one with any sense is going to take you seriously if you make such a daft claim. The whole point of these console emulators is so people can play the games on their PC's. Homebrew usually gets added later on, as an afterthought.
Usually emulators have a dual purpose of learning how the platform works and sharing said information to help homebrew for the system progress

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ok that's real, but BTW I never thought linux was so low against mac/windows. I even believe it's better...

Also in that case we probably don't have the same thought on selling software & other society things so I won't argu anymore.

D

Deleted User

How is this in 2020?

tumbleweed3.jpg

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol