Hacking Delete Miiverse title to turn off when you try to enter, worth it?

Gerechter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably this is silly, but I would like to know what you think, in my opinion the console
shuts down before the traditional method and is a use for the Miiverse icon.

I would like people who understand a bit about how the console works what they
think about it and if it is bad for the console that turns off like that.

Thank you in advance for your participation and have a good day.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I think that it's not worthy because if games that actually publish things on Miiverse try to launch the miiverse applet it will also force a reboot/shutdown, and it's not a desired behavior while playing games. You can try, the worst that can happen is having to download the title using 3DSNus and reinstalling it to fix any problem.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Probably this is silly, but I would like to know what you think, in my opinion the console
shuts down before the traditional method and is a use for the Miiverse icon.

I would like people who understand a bit about how the console works what they
think about it and if it is bad for the console that turns off like that.

Thank you in advance for your participation and have a good day.
It could be bad for the SD card. It might not shut down cleanly that way.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
in the time it takes you to go to the home menu, navigate to the miiverse icon and launch it, you could have just pressed the power button twice (or shut down through Rosalina?) cleanly.
it's not quicker.

Gerechter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
in the time it takes you to go to the home menu, navigate to the miiverse icon and launch it, you could have just pressed the power button twice (or shut down through Rosalina?) cleanly.
it's not quicker.

What I really wanted to know was if something bad could happen to the sd or whatever, in case someone knew something about it, and even if someone happened to do some mod to do a clean shutdown at the start Miiverse, or something like that could be interesting.

I still think that it would go out sooner.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
What I really wanted to know was if something bad could happen to the sd or whatever, in case someone knew something about it, and even if someone happened to do some mod to do a clean shutdown at the start Miiverse, or something like that could be interesting.

I still think that it would go out sooner.

if you count from the moment you click the icon, maybe. but if you're anywhere else in the menu, or in a game. it's much much faster to just press the physical button that's there for that very specific purpose. you just press it twice. done. it's off. takes like what, a total of 2 seconds?

no need to exit to home menu and navigate to that specific title. that takes much more time. going to home menu, 1 second, navigating to your fake power down channel, all from 2-5 seconds, then the nintendo3ds loading screen 2 seconds before it finally shuts off.
your idea is fundamentally flawed, really.

and yes if you power down cold of course you run the risk of damaging your SD file system. like any other device.

Reactions: Giodude

Gerechter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you count from the moment you click the icon, maybe. but if you're anywhere else in the menu, or in a game. it's much much faster to just press the physical button that's there for that very specific purpose. you just press it twice. done. it's off. takes like what, a total of 2 seconds?

no need to exit to home menu and navigate to that specific title. that takes much more time. going to home menu, 1 second, navigating to your fake power down channel, all from 2-5 seconds, then the nintendo3ds loading screen 2 seconds before it finally shuts off.
your idea is fundamentally flawed, really.

and yes if you power down cold of course you run the risk of damaging your SD file system. like any other device.

Thanks for the clarification, I did not know that it could be turned off by pressing the button twice, it was only to provide some idea.

Thank you for the answer.

Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the clarification, I did not know that it could be turned off by pressing the button twice, it was only to provide some idea.

Thank you for the answer.
read the screen you get when you press it once, it says on there :)

press once and close for sleep mode
press twice for power off

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.