Hacking Devolution - Public Release

GeBeCluck23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone has asked this question to the developer at gc-forever.com thread. You can find their discussion about it here: http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2479&start=84#p30845
Apparently Homeland uses unicast communication protocol which Devolution doesn't support. If tuedj would gracefully implement it to the BBA emulation, that'd be lovely! However, it's not possible with Devolution as it stands.
Darn it! That's quite frustrating! As niche of a feature as this is, I would be really excited to have it implemented. I truly hope it's added in soon. I understand by all means that I'm not entitled to such a feature in any way, shape, or form, but I would sincerely appreciate it if the developer did add this in.

Cisz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Darn it! That's quite frustrating! As niche of a feature as this is, I would be really excited to have it implemented. I truly hope it's added in soon. I understand by all means that I'm not entitled to such a feature in any way, shape, or form, but I would sincerely appreciate it if the developer did add this in.
Indeed. Homeland might be one of, if not the only one, that uses it. But it seems there are quite a few of us that want the feature. I wouldn't hold out hope for it to be implemented, but if it happens we could both play online on Wii :)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone with Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly have it working with Devolution? I have not tried in a while but the last time I did, it did not work.
Yeah actually that was one of the games I tried with Devo ages ago and it was one of only a couple that didn't work.
Just switch to Nintendont.

Reactions: VinsCool

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
So now that Nintendon't has surpassed Devolution, is he going to release all of the code behind Devolution just to satisfy the curiosity of his more programming minded fans?

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, that's too bad. I remember the buzz around this when it first came out so it's a bit sad that it'll all stay a secret now that it's obsolete. Feels a bit like Asimov burning his old notes before he died, so they are lost to history now.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now that Nintendon't has surpassed Devolution, is he going to release all of the code behind Devolution just to satisfy the curiosity of his more programming minded fans?
I really don't think Tueidj is going to ever release his source code, or ever acknowledge devolution exists anymore. He hasn't posted since about 2012, and hasn't even visited while logged in since 2014.

Truthfully, I can't say I didn't see it coming, putting AP in a program made to run games from 2001 to 2007 for free, on a console already designed to play them? That's completely ridiculous and laughable to boot. :rofl2: It's a shame he had to riddle something clearly incredible with DRM. Devo truly had the potential to totally destroy Dios Mios. And it did destroy Dios Mios when you actually bothered to go through the confusing disc verification crap.

Obviously many people would've used it to play ISOs of games they didn't own, but most people that use stuff like Nintendont use it to play games they've played before, owned before, or owned on other platforms, anyway- so it's just a pointless measure that gets in the way.

Devo to me I've always equated to be sort of like if I developed a DOSBoX alternative that refused to run anything not connected directly to the system either by a CD or Floppy Drive, and it painstakingly hashchecked your disks and verified you weren't emulating the disc drive by checking if you have Daemon Tools or PowerISO and if it finds them the program will totally refuse to run to begin with.

Anyhow I guess this isn't really the place to be talking about this stuff but since Devo is all but dead anyway it doesn't really matter I think.

Glad Nintendont came about in the end. :yaywii:

galuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah you still need the original Gamecube disc and an old Wii which is compatible with such (sadly)
thx for reply.

I have a wii that can boot bootmii (boot2) fron startup, is that alright?

I need pso plus to play online right? Which is the Japanese version?

Last edited by galuz,

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Does Devolution emulate GBA Link support for games like Four Swords Adventure, Gale of Darkness, etc..?

I don't know but if u are talking about the connection between GC and GBA trough his connection cable, Nintendont does if the native control option is set to on, and without the antipiracy bullshits that devolution has.

If u are talking about a complete emulation without the GBA hardware and his pairing link cable i'm not sure but i guess that the answer is no for both.

Snintendog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love for him to release the only good part of his program the BBA emulation so good people can use it to finally get the lan party back up and running but we know he won't. that AP was super obnoxious not only did you have to have the disk you had to do it every time it updated because in his infinite wisdom he made it so it wont remember what games you confirmed you had and it took five minutes just to confirm that the disk is in fact real and log it. This damn program should be unpined he obviously abandoned it.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love for him to release the only good part of his program the BBA emulation so good people can use it to finally get the lan party back up and running but we know he won't. that AP was super obnoxious not only did you have to have the disk you had to do it every time it updated because in his infinite wisdom he made it so it wont remember what games you confirmed you had and it took five minutes just to confirm that the disk is in fact real and log it. This damn program should be unpined he obviously abandoned it.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/why-add-anti-piracy-measures-to-devolution.330634/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end