Gaming Diabolik Lovers (Or other Dating Sims) fan translation

Rua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,
I'd like to make patches for games that won't come out outside Japan, especially dating games. My main problem, though, is that my ROM hacking skills are pretty much nonexistant, and from what I've found via google until know, even figuring out where the scripts are stored will take quite a while, so I figured I might as well ask for help here.
I've also got a blog here, so feel free to take a look (Though it's obviously pretty empty, as I just started it today).
The game I wanted to start with is Diabolik Lovers because there aren't many translations (And no patches at all), and the one actually complete translation I found was more made to look like a story rather than a simple translation (It helped me a lot anyway, but still.)
So, I'd really appreciate it if anyone agrees to help me with this (And other projects that might follow), and thanks for reading :)

Reactions: iamKHEEMchi

Rua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
Well, I'd also like to have some people checking my translations for mistakes (Either from Japanese -> English, or just things that sound wrong/awkward the way I translated it), but yeah, the main thing I need are hackers, as this is something I don't really know anything about.

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Well, do not consider, that I want to be a hacker for that one, just had some minutes free and took a look...

So, all files are in crypted PGD archives (which contain CPK inside), you can decrypt CPK with jpcsp emulator and can extract contents using CriPakTools (or maybe even with native leaked Criware tools, I did not checked. for sure you would be able to repack them in CPK with these, only needed would be to patch eboot to do not use crypt).

All images were in well-known TIM2 format, so would be no problem to edit them, just quite enough work for image editor I would say.

Script files were in same STCM2L format used by Idea Factory everywhere, could be opened and edited with hkki.
I extracted script files, you can take them here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wcw5u1wbmf41bui/script_dl.zip
hkki windows build: https://github.com/xyzz/hkki/releases/download/140107/hkki.zip

Here is text example:
Box 1
said by: #Name[2]
(脅されて仕方なかったとは言え、
 ヴァンパイアのエサになることを
 了承しちゃうなんて……)

Box 2
said by: #Name[2]
(悪い夢でも見てるみたいだよ……)

Here is image examples:
abtgj1C.png

qv53wWh.png

fuoskkx.png

oBRoZ7M.png

Last edited by Scorp,

ria371

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!
I'm sorry if my question is stupid and I know this thread seems dead, but I hope for answer anyway.

I managed to open script files using hkki, but I'm not sure how to edit them.

When I edit script using hkki, it crashes when I try to save file.
I can export text to txt file, but I don't know how to export translated text back to script.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?