Homebrew Did any useful hack ever come out of FreakyForms Deluxe 3DS game?

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
It's no longer useful as an entry point unless the users console is quite out of date.
Even if their system is quite out of date, they could just use soundhax/browser exploit.

Your best bet if you really want to sell is going to be eBay/craigslist. I can't imagine you will get more than $10 though.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's no longer useful as an entry point unless the users console is quite out of date.
Even if their system is quite out of date, they could just use soundhax/browser exploit.

Your best bet if you really want to sell is going to be eBay/craigslist. I can't imagine you will get more than $10 though.
It's still useful to get Homebrew, even on the newer firmwares. People who would like to backup or modify their saves would still find use out of this.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
freakyhax worked on 11.5 last time I tested, so yeah, it should work on latest as well. Thing is, it'd be useful to have hax 2.8's boot.3dsx at hand for people still willing to do userland homebrew, as that's the latest version prior to the major changes that eventually led to most of userland homebrew being broken

Sent from my 1DS with B9S using Discord Nitro

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not convinced it can actually do anything useful on any modern firmware. The site for freakyshop lists 11.1.0-34 as working. I doubt it would allow cfw installation on anything beyond 11.3 and am pretty sure the homebrew applications of userland through the cart would be pretty limited. I was only in userland a few times before getting cfw, but it seemed to me like barely anything actually worked.

All that said, I did some searching, the freakyforms deluxe game is currently being priced at $35-$50. I don't know if people are actually buying at that price, but the op might be able to get some money out of it.
Personally I'd recommend a person buy a suitable nds flash cart instead if cfw is their aim.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I folowed a YouTube thing with my stock o3ds on 11.6.0-39E and it does work, but I want cfw on it, so I bought a R4 Gold PRO 2018 and when it comes I wonder do I have to clear the freaky forms hack somehow from the 3ds ? Oh and I used the freaky forms hack 6 march 2018 (10 days ago now)

Last edited by appeltje_eitje,

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No need to remove freakyhax before following the guide to install cfw. However the game exploit won't work anymore after you installed cfw in your console, since Luma3DS breaks old homebrew entrypoints and makes Rosalina the only one avaliable. If you installed hax 2.8 or lower for some reason, then some .3dsx applications may not work as well

Last edited by Mr.Faq2015,

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No need to remove freakyhax before following the guide to install cfw. However the game exploit won't work anymore after you installed cfw in your console, since Luma3DS breaks old homebrew entrypoints and makes Rosalina the only one avaliable. If you installed hax 2.8 or lower by some reason, then some .3dsx applications may not work as well
Thanks and the stuff on the sd cart, is it good to use the backup I made before I used freakyhax?

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No real difference. Unless you care about the applications, there's no difference between overwriting the stuff you have and using it in its current state

NicknameGoesHere

RIP my sanity: 2018-2018
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just saying you can. I personally used ntrboot to get cfw on three separate systems, and it worked perfectly. I'm just saying seedminer is an option, as it's cheaper and you don't have to order something from china and wait a few months.

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was just saying you can. I personally used ntrboot to get cfw on three separate systems, and it worked perfectly. I'm just saying seedminer is an option, as it's cheaper and you don't have to order something from china and wait a few months.

Seedminer which requires a dsiware game and an adequately powerful GPU or CPU (or a friend with one) freaky forms deluxe is not a dsi game..

I bought a ntrboot cart today and I hope I will have it tomorrow, I bought it on marktplace online here in Holland.. so it will arrive fast.. (R4i gold pro 2018) so I will put cfw on my 3ds..

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some already have the dsiware game and/or a powerful GPU. Any CPU will work, however it would take a while.

Well I don`t have it and hope all will go well when the cart arrives, I have only used soundhax before on a o3ds, I will start with my o3ds and if that works well, then I will do my n3ds-xl too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1