Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,587,623
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
just a question, is this translation stopped or it will be realased one day?, and if its gonna be realased is there any posibilities to have digimon world xros red translated too?
Well, if i'm not forgotten the script files had the same extension as lost evolution ones, so it depends on rommstar and the team's decision. (it'd definitely be great if they could, it's a very unique kind of game)

takuyayagami

Trophies
XP
Country
Y'all control your gaming tits let the them do their work you think translating a game is easy as going to McDonald's and ordering a big mac? They took over a previous team they need to fix whatever the last team had or any mistakes they'll release it when it's ready so just sit back and relax. In the mean time go binge watch all the digimon series and catch up on Appmon

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually they're starting fresh because our stuff was too problematic due to lingering issues we had.

So yeah. Either way, they're working on it as much as they can alongside Re: Digitize Decode, which is their top priority if I'm not mistaken.

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually they're starting fresh because our stuff was too problematic due to lingering issues we had.

So yeah. Either way, they're working on it as much as they can alongside Re: Digitize Decode, which is their top priority if I'm not mistaken.

Re: Digitize Decoded is indeed their main focus, this is just something they picked up along the way as an extra.
So to everyone just wait and be happy when it gets released, if you truly can't wait for translation patches go learn Japanese and you wont need them.

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. Thought I would do the usual and relay their Facebook activity to you since it all happens over there and not on their blog or on here.

Posted 22hrs ago:
"UPDATE:
- We are currently prepairing everything for a Re-Do of our Decode stream, which had some issues last time. Meanwhile we are making great progress on Decode.
- We will also be holding a similar event for Lost Evolution in the near future. The current estimate lies at around 40% for Lost Evolution, which we currently try to speed up.
That's all for now folks.
Romsstar"

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is sad that the main focus is Decoded. To be honest, Lost Evolution is superior than Decoded by far.

While I FULLY understand this is "non-profit" (besides donations) and Lost Evolution is not even their main project, there is one thing I am slightly disgruntled with:

It was predicted that this translation would be ready by the end of 2016, it wasn't, and that is OKAY, we completely understand and there are no real issues with that.
My issue lies with the fact that half a year after the predicted release date, there is an announcement to say they estimate FORTY PERCENT of the translation is complete. The prior announced released date and the recent completion announcement are just too far apart (not to mention 40% is probably inflated, the realistic percentage is probably around 30 at best).

Rant over, back to patiently waiting!

Joltlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's plenty of time to learn japanese actually. It'd pay off in the long run (if you ever wanted to play other games).

It'll come soon, best thing to do now is wait.

I would love to learn japanese so I could just play all the games that I want, but I wouldn't know where to start as far as what to learn and where to learn it.

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by Greymane,

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
While I FULLY understand this is "non-profit" (besides donations) and Lost Evolution is not even their main project, there is one thing I am slightly disgruntled with:

It was predicted that this translation would be ready by the end of 2016, it wasn't, and that is OKAY, we completely understand and there are no real issues with that.
My issue lies with the fact that half a year after the predicted release date, there is an announcement to say they estimate FORTY PERCENT of the translation is complete. The prior announced released date and the recent completion announcement are just too far apart (not to mention 40% is probably inflated, the realistic percentage is probably around 30 at best).

Rant over, back to patiently waiting!
This is exactly why I was always against people who beg for percentages. Progress not linear and cannot be used to reliably extrapolate future progress.

Reactions: Pablitox

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If ya'll spectators really were as dedicated as you say you are when asking for progress and patches, you'd have started learning Japanese when this shit started and you'd have completed the game by now.

shadowpikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If ya'll spectators really were as dedicated as you say you are when asking for progress and patches, you'd have started learning Japanese when this shit started and you'd have completed the game by now.
Yes, but i'm also dedicated to being lazy and knowing it'll happen eventually anyways.

Patience, i've been checking on and off for years now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"