Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the Dios Mios screenshots actually are? Ycbycr2bmp isn't working for screenshots that aren't 608x440 or 640x480 (for example, Paper Mario:TTYD with the widescren hack seems to be 608x456), and I can't get imagemagick to work with either yuv or ycbcr color space. I get the image, but the colors are wrong.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does dios mios do??

Questions like that can be answered easily with a Google Search. To answer your question, though, it's similar to the Wii's built in MIOS, except it allows you to run your NGC backups from USB storage (DIOS MIOS) or a SD/SDHC card (Lite). It also allows for some hacks and mods.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What does dios mios do??

Questions like that can be answered easily with a Google Search

Questions like that can also be answered if people read the 1st page of a thread and the pages it has a link to, but it seems to be not done anymore...

PS: this is not directed to anyone specific, just general frustration... :lol:

Reactions: TecXero

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MIOS is the Nintendo's system file responsible to play Gamecube game discs.

DIOS MIOS is a custom version of the system file installed in the console's system and replacing the official MIOS system file to play gamecube game backup ISO from USB.
DIOS MIOS Lite is the same, but redirects to SD Card instead of USB.
You can only have one MIOS at a time, so it's either Retail, USB or SD. You have to re-install the system file you want every time you want to change what you want to play.

In addition to redirecting file access from Disc to External devices, it has few features like cheat code, video patching or redirecting Memory card access to external device too.

DM and DML are old now and new method to play Gamecube games from external devices can be used : Devolution or Nintendont.
Both projects don't require any system file replacement or installation, and are working with both SD and USB without the need of different versions.

Reactions: cvskid

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why still people use this instead of "Nintendont" which has almost 100% compatibility? Does it have any advantage compered to it?
I came in Wii hacking section in order to find a full topic of Nintendont because Dios Mios was only hassle for me...

Reactions: Fluffy_258

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because having a choice is always good.
Why user use devolution instead of nintendont?
why not ;)

But the other reason is often because users LOOOOVE following outdated and wrong youtube tutorial about old homebrew instead of checking what's new. But then they make sure to come here to get help that their wrong tutorial couldn't provide.

If someone wants to use a specific or old homebrew by choice, we should help him the best we can for his choice instead of telling him to use something else.
If it's not a choice but just ignorance that there's another possibility, then suggesting the other one is a good idea.

Reactions: MassiveRican

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you want the translation of dios mios? it means: "my God" (it's spannish, he used it since everyone claimed it would be impossible to make). they say nintendont should work better but my tries i cant get it running at al (it hangs at kernal something...)
dios mios is very limited in what devices work (fat32, primary, 512 bits or something, active partition only) nintendont should work on about all drives and works without using mios (don't know options).

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still use this for the few games that use the GBA Link cable. Specifically, Wind Waker and Pac-Man Vs.

Edit: Immediately after posting this, I decided to google around. Despite what the google code page says, GBA-Link does in fact work on Nintendon't on a Wii?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still use this for the few games that use the GBA Link cable. Specifically, Wind Waker and Pac-Man Vs.

Edit: Immediately after posting this, I decided to google around. Despite what the google code page says, GBA-Link does in fact work on Nintendon't on a Wii?
Yep, though you have to turn Native Controls on.

Fluffy_258

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why still people use this instead of "Nintendont" which has almost 100% compatibility? Does it have any advantage compered to it?
I came in Wii hacking section in order to find a full topic of Nintendont because Dios Mios was only hassle for me...

I have nintendont and it works great

But what is better?? Dios Mios or nintendont? That's the question

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.