• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

DISCLAIMER - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
1) This forum is dedicated to discussion regarding world news, current events, and politics - local or international. Please stay civil and respectful to each other.

2) Everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether or not you think it's wrong.
If you disagree with someone, please use logic and rational arguments to contradict them.

3) It is OK to discuss world or local news from anywhere in the world, but all discussions must be in english.

4) Moderators won't hesitate to pull the trigger (using the "delete post" and "warn" buttons) if you come close to breaching those rules. If your post gets moderated, it is NOT because the moderator disagrees with your opinions or arguments, it is merely because you violated the rules.

5) You will inevitably get comments such as "this is a gaming forum, why talk politics?". Contrary to what you may think, the average age of our active members is well above 20, this is a community mainly for and by adults. GBAtemp is a place where people can talk about anything they want, we encourage discussion, we certainly don't want to prevent it.
Before we created the 'world news, events & politics' area, there were threads like these scattered all over the place. This particular area now centralizes these threads so it's easier for the mod team to watch over. If you don't care about this area, just don't click on any of its threads. We may eventually offer the option to hide these threads if they really bother you.

HOW TO HIDE THESE THREADS ON THE PORTAL & THE 'NEW CONTENT' PAGE?
Open this: https://gbatemp.net/account/new-content
Select the 'World news/politics' forum in the list & save your settings

Any insult or other rule-infringing behavior will result in post deletion, a possible warn increase, and if you do not cool down a temporary suspension may be considered.

The rules page can be found here:
https://gbatemp.net/help/terms
and here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/announcement-concerning-thread-titles.589800/

Last edited by Costello,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
GBAtemp is expanding to newer topics. Looks like we're becoming more than a Independent Gaming Community. :yay:
I quite like the idea, although politics and GBAtemp usually don't mix well :wacko:

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
This is honestly something I'm interested in, however I don't know how well it's gonna go. The moderators will need to be extra watchful on this forum. Nonetheless, we've gotten very political plenty of times in the past, and there's been some great discussions that have arose as a result. At the very least, it'll be good if all the hard political talk is now kept here rather than scattered around the site. Alrighty, then! Politics.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
How does this differ from the normal news forums?
Normal news: gaming, homebrew, hacking, misc. gaming stuff
Here: wolrdwide news, politics, anything that doesn't fit the first category.

At least this is my interpretation.

there are many adults on this site and there is no reason why there shouldn't be a place for discussing such topics ;)
Well now, there is. It's up to us all now to keep it civil.
No offence, but based on the most active users, "adult" is probably not what would define them.
I understand what you mean however, let's see how it goes :D

Last edited by VinsCool,
D

Deleted User

few. maybe a feature to mute forums (unless there already is) so I never have to experience this?

Reactions: Kioku

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
More seriously: look at the number of threads and posts in this forum already. And they keep on coming.
These threads have always existed, they were just posted in the Off-topic area. Now there's a specific place for it, makes it easier for moderation.
And for those who dont want any part in these threads, you have a specific icon for it now so it's easier NOT to click on them.

D

Deleted User

More seriously: look at the number of threads and posts in this forum already. And they keep on coming.
These threads have always existed, they were just posted in the Off-topic area. Now there's a specific place for it, makes it easier for moderation.
And for those who dont want any part in these threads, you have a specific icon for it now so it's easier NOT to click on them.
are you kidding? self-control? have you met me?

nah but I will look out for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8