Hacking Discussion: What is Xecuter's mod?

studio1b

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my thoughts and these are only thoughts.

1.) hard mod to solder in to the system more or less the points that are next to the emmc
2.) some keys are unique to the console itself so this would make me believe that some type of glitching after you have installed the hard mod in to the system to get your OWN keys.
3.) once you have the keys of the system then you can build a cfw image.

I'm thinking it will be something like XEXBUILD where you dump the nand add it to the program and add the key needed. then build a cfw.

to everyone that says the system is to small to be adding things inside this is false the system has way then enough room for a chip that is the size of my thumb nail

Reactions: brickmii82

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m honestly thinking it’s gonna be a 1 time glitch/Programmer tool. It seems from this video that they undervolted the cpu to glitch it and get the console specific key from the keyblob, which is only accessible to pkg1ldr.

Watch from about 25 minutes on. This is why I’m inclined to believe it’s a glitch device with a programming functionality. I’d imagine after decryption, the efuse downgrade protection could be rendered useless. Plus he mentions that the hash is stored in the efuses, similar to the CPU key on the Xbox 360.

Last edited by brickmii82,

boscocraftXD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, if it's hard mod, Nintendo will be in trouble. There WILL be no stopping players.

Oh you banned me? Here. Let me change my console ID. Oh? You pushed an update that blocks my exploit? Give me a minute to re flash my nand.

Reactions: leerpsp

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
Man, if it's hard mod, Nintendo will be in trouble. There WILL be no stopping players.
Oh you banned me? Here. Let me change my console ID. Oh? You pushed an update that blocks my exploit? Give me a minute to re flash my nand.
Except that each switch has a unique client certificate that is required for talking to their servers. Therefore, if your switch gets banned from online, that client certificate is banned forever... no more online for you.
And no sharing of certificates, because they can (and likely will) scan for multiple users using a common client certificate... easy ban. Doesn't matter what your console ID is, and it's cryptographically infeasible to generate your own valid client certificates.

Nintendo has done quite a bit right in securing the Switch console. Nothing is unhackable, but any detected hack can be perma-banned from online services.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's no logic at all. A cartridge could be used to exploit the system, allowing their cold-boot stuff to be installed. Like ntrboot.
That's... Not how it works. Ntrboot only worked because nintendo left in a secret backdoor using specially encrypted carts, and bootrom had an exploit that essentially let us sign our own firms, which meant we could sign our own specialty boot carts. Very unlikely switch has both of those. Nintendo likely left out cart booting in favor of going through usb c. So no I can pretty much guarantee it won't be a flash card solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!