Hacking Do not update your Switch and find a 1.0 if you can

Souloibur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SciresM said 1.0 is the best firmware and the one who have most (huge) flaws so be patient and do not update your switch to 3.0 yet.

wqmoubW.png

Souloibur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the most obvious information I have ever seen relating to console hacking, lowest is ALWAYS the best firmware to be on for vulnerabilities.

Well, I know but i saw a lot of people updayting so not everyone knows this.

Souloibur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well ok, delete this post if everyone in this forum knows that. I only wanted to help people that ask if they have to update to 3.0.

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, @Daeken said that it's best to update to 3.0.0. If there were something huge on 1.0.0 for the end-user he would already told us. I trust him and update. :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The problem with 1.0 is that it has no browser. It will take some time to find a primary entrypoint that doesn't rely on it. And who knows if anything will even be released for 1.0? Right now the devs are all coding for 3.0 and because most people interested in homebrew are on either 2.x or 3.0 that'll likely be the firmware most people will be coding for for the foreseeable future, until someone discovers an exploit in newer firmware. Look at how long it took for the 3DS to get an entrypoint for 2.x, and that still relies on the browser. The only thing that works on 1.0 is the Cubic Ninja-based NAND dumper, because even though 1.0 is less secure, there were so many changes between it and later firmwares that things have to be coded specifically for it to work. For most of the 3DS' life only 4.x and then 6.x and 9.x were hackable.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Well, I know but i saw a lot of people updayting so not everyone knows this.
and updatuing +.+

to stay on topic, i am glad to see a dev saying it is also okay to stay under 3.0.0
i will just wait and see what that rohan stuff is, if it seems interesting i will only then get the pokken game to updatuing to 3.0.0

if not i will just stay on 2.3.0
it was weird how everyone was like update to 3.0.0 some day ago.

i mean they (devs) were always like anything under 3.0.1 would be fine so yeah.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am assumin 1.0 was its launch firmware good job ive not touched mine since the first few weeks when i completed that lame zelda game and the console has had nothing worth buying.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

The problem with 1.0 is that it has no browser. It will take some time to find a primary entrypoint that doesn't rely on it. And who knows if anything will even be released for 1.0? Right now the devs are all coding for 3.0 and because most people interested in homebrew are on either 2.x or 3.0 that'll likely be the firmware most people will be coding for for the foreseeable future, until someone discovers an exploit in newer firmware. Look at how long it took for the 3DS to get an entrypoint for 2.x, and that still relies on the browser. The only thing that works on 1.0 is the Cubic Ninja-based NAND dumper, because even though 1.0 is less secure, there were so many changes between it and later firmwares that things have to be coded specifically for it to work. For most of the 3DS' life only 4.x and then 6.x and 9.x were hackable.
Better keep Splatoon for 2.0 around then.

Edit: Pokkén Tournament comes with the Firmware 3.0.0.

Last edited by ,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launch units also have the most hardware flaws. It's all meaningless if you have to send it in for repair.

Having a 1.0 and not updating it is one thing, but specifically seeking one out is something entirely different, and probably not even possible anymore

Reactions: Subtle Demise

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was about to buy a switch, then I noticed 2018 no good game get released and all will use 3.0.1 Crypto so, another few month in Dust the Switch =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu