Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you? I just wanted to know everyones opinions on this subject
And why? Do you / do you not believe in a god! You don't have to answer but please state that to avoid confusion!

I believe that Jesus died for our sins, and i guess that makes me a christian
And yes I believe in God
Do you? Please answer in the comments section! I'd love to see what you all think on this matter!

EDIT: Also, do you believe in an afterlife? A Heaven or reincarnation? Please share!

Last edited by Jack_Sparrow,

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
No I don't. I have my reasons.
Which are? If you don't want to share thats ok but if you don't mind i would love to hear!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow, that's a can of worms even I didn't want to open for the debate club

However, yes, I personally do. I don't, however, believe in much more than what is backed by the red letters. I know that will probably make me unpopular in the Christian world but quite frankly, meh
Fair enogh

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. I used to be an active Mormon, but just stopped going to Church one week. Then the next. And then the next. That was 8 years ago. I can't get into an argument to disprove God's existence, rather that I live under the feeling that I don't need a "God" in my life.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I do! I feel I have had several personal experiences with him! I know he's real! I am a Catholic

I'm not looking for a debate. I just wanted to share my love for God. I have my opinions
I am also Catholic! Sorry I figured Christian was a more well-known term . This isn't a debate, i'ts just viewing everyones opinions on it.

I don't know anymore :mellow:

:mellow:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe there was "something" at the beginning of time (whether it was a God, a random explosion, or something else). That, or what I find more probable, the universe has been there always. Like, there was no beginning and there will be no end. As for specifically the Christian (and some other religions) God, I believe they were fabricated for the sake of owning power back in the olden times. I believe that, because many Gods were around before then and many have been created since.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe there was "something" at the beginning of time (whether it was a God, a random explosion, or something else). That, or what I find more probable, the universe has been there always. Like, there was no beginning and there will be no end. As for specifically the Christian (and some other religions) God, I believe they were fabricated for the sake of owning power back in the olden times. I believe that, because many Gods were around before then and many have been created since.
Sure, 'Something created us' But keep in mind, nothing scientists have said about the big bang has been proven..

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for afterlife, yes, I most certainly believe in both Heaven and Hell. However, I believe that there's a bit more to it than whether you believe in Christ or not, I personally believe it has more to do with what opportunities you were presented with in life and how you acted on them.

TheLastFallen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for afterlife, yes, I most certainly believe in both Heaven and Hell. However, I believe that there's a bit more to it than whether you believe in Christ or not, I personally believe it has more to do with what opportunities you were presented with in life and how you acted on them.
Spoken very truly! I also believe that! I could never word that like you did

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, 'Something created us' But keep in mind, nothing scientists have said about the big bang has been proven..
Nor has anything been proven against it. I think the big bang is bogus, personally. Like, even if I were to accept that there was an explosion, what caused it? I feel that, at least in my mind, the only way there could be a beginning is if there was/is an all-powerful being. That's why I more support the theory that suggests the universe has simply always existed.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
True, us Catholics don't say we're going to hell if you don't believe in Jesus. If you thought that then that was highly misconcieved. We believe, that to reach heaven you either have to be baptised, or accept Jesus sometime in your life. But i PERSONALLY believe that if somone truly had good intentions through out their life and wasn't baptised, that does NOT mean they're going to hell..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nor has anything been proven against it. I think the big bang is bogus, personally. Like, even if I were to accept that there was an explosion, what caused it? I feel that, at least in my mind, the only way there could be a beginning is if there was/is an all-powerful being. That's why I more support the theory that suggests the universe has simply always existed.
Sure, but if your willing to believe something as crazy as there has been something here for infinitely forever, is it really that hard to grasp the idea of an all powerful being? (Again not judging here)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know my believes are a can of worms onto their own, but I don't believe in the Biblical God. I am however, a Theistic Luciferian Satanist, I do believe in a Satan and a Lucifer and that there are more Gods out there. I don't worship them, I see them are guides and teachers down the Left Hand Path.
I however, don't disrespect those who believe anything different from me. I am willing to admit that I don't know if I am correct, but I find my religion works best for me.
Personally, the way I see it, you can worship a rock, just don't hit me with it and I won't hit you with my rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr