• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Do you believe the world will end in December?

Do you think the world will end on December 21st, 2012?

• Yes

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • No

Votes: 111 91.0%

• Total voters

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
It will come because until then PSY will reach 1 billion views on gangman style and then the Youtube servers will crash and will fail working thus Youtube will end and slowly the humanity will disappear because they wont have their daily dose of viral videos...After that someone will try to resurrect Dracula and he will destroy the Belmont family because they'll be too weak because they couldn't watch gangman style and receive epic horse riding powers because Youtube died!
Because of this Osama Bin Laden will raise from ashes and will start a war with Dracula resulting World War III.
Seeing this Chuck Norris will go after them, but himself being weak too because the lack of Youtube, he will resurrect Bruce Lee and they'll join forces to defeat them!
The four men will start the fight and when they'll hit each other a giant explosion with a giant shock wave will occur destroying the humanity, the planet and the whole universe!
Well...that was refreshing... :creep:
Now to be serious.... :rofl2:

NO! It's not gonna happen!
Just think about it...how many times was predicted that the world will end or that there will be an Armageddon?
That's right...many times! And guess what.... it didn't happen even once, or it did? Then how come that we're still alive and the humanity isn't gone?

Well, what makes you think that this time it's gonna happen?

c_house

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe whenever you hear about the end of the world, it's because som1 needs to sell you somthing.

think about Y2K (god now i feel old...) everyone bought new computers, Prepping supplies, generators, TP you name it.
i remember people were claiming to be "experts" and thet'd go around testing for "y2k compliancy" in peoples electronics.

now with this you see all these guys prepping and buying more stuff.

personally i think climate change is more important than some mystical Mayan calendar.
also i bet the only reason their calendars lasted 1000+years is because it was really freaking hard to chisel a calendar out of stone

I remember seeing news reports about people selling all their crap waiting for the Rapture, which was supposed to have happened in March. Crazy what idiots who believe this crap do.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Uh..no.

Why is this thread still here? It's been proven that the old Mayan Calendar myth was just mis-interpretation.

I demand this thread be locked on December 21st 2012.

pierslogic

Perfectionist
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Of course the world's gonna end on the 12th of December 2012! I even have my alarm set, so I won't miss out on anything. :creep:

But seriously NO. For the lack of fun, I have this as a reminder in my boredom, to remind me that there are worse problems in the world that needs more attention.
Such as brown cows that won't give you chocolate milk. :cry:

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course not. But then again, if something actually were to happen.. Well, I'd try to watch TV or do something else until it goes boom.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Read this b4 you posted it but yes, itù's actually a good read.
I couldn't help but laugh at this:

2010 Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn This magic order predicted the world would end in this year.
Magic order... LOL!!!

1998, Mar 31 Hon-Ming Chen Hon-Ming Chen, leader of the Taiwanese cult God's Salvation Church, or Chen Tao — "The True Way" — claimed that God would come to Earth in a flying saucer at 10:00 am on this date. Moreover, God would have the same physical appearance as Chen himself. On March 25, God was to appear on Channel 18 on every TV set in the US. Chen chose to base his cult in Garland, Texas, because he thought it sounded like "God's Land."
... Hilarious! XD

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd honestly be pissed if it really were to end then. Heck if there were to be an afterlife I'll bitch so much that whoever is in charge will cave in and restore the world to its original state while mindwiping everyone else So yea. You can thank me later for saving the world :P

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My doomsday shelter has been ready since Y2k. I just paid off the loan I took out initially last month!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls