Termer

Fullstack developer
Trophies
Website
termer.net
XP
Country
United States
This isn't the EoF. It's a thread with a serious question about opinions, no need to post such stuff here.
That's somewhat EoF content, however, the point I'm trying to make is that only weeaboos really go to Japan for no reason other than being in Japan. Although, there is some very interesting things in Japan that I'd like to see. From a tourism standpoint, it's a very historic and interesting place. I live in the US, so the only real historic things we have here only date back to about the 1400's. But I don't want to go to Japan just to be there, if you understand what I mean.

Reactions: ThoD

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are taking those examples from fansubs, either change the fansub team you get your stuff from or stop taking fan translations literally. "Sae Ireba" refers to being needed and being satisfied with having, so it roughly should translate to "satisfied with you being here" (hard/literal translation is impossible between English and Japanese as Japanese is more of a contextual language). Anyway, if you actually give Japanese a try, you will see it's not anywhere near as hard as it looks on paper (metaphorically, not literally reading:P).
I really want to give it a try, but I am not good at self-studying languages (proven by my previous attempts), so I will find some good lecture somewhere.

The thing is I still don't think it is that easy at all.

Reactions: ThoD and Termer

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I do like, I want to visit there (small and big cities, even not being much fan of " concrete jungles") and maybe if I have the opportunity live and work there, why not?
I'm like this with every corner of the world, some with more interest than others, but each place have something different and interesting to be seen! Even north korea is somewhere I would like to visit (but, of course, be able to get back haha)
The thing is, I don't want to be "stuck" like I feel here, if I don't like the place, I want to leave there and visit another... even my country have a lot of places to visit and I can't just go :T

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I really want to give it a try, but I am not good at self-studying languages (proven by my previous attempts), so I will find some good lecture somewhere.

The thing is I still don't think it is that easy at all.
Look for the books titled "Minna no Nihongo" or "Genki I" and "Genki II" with the audio tapes/CDs. I learned the basics with MnN. There's a special translated version of the first part of the book along with a lesson on Hiragana/Katakana with the strokes and everything for total beginners which did the trick for me along with the audio tapes, had it done in a month, then I was able to continue with the actual book (full Japanese but Kanji have the Hiragana/Katakana equivalent over them, making it simple). Most people learn with the "Genki" series, but it wasn't really for me. The two are pretty different in how they are organized, so check both out and see which one you prefer. You shouldn't need anything more than the books and audio lessons to learn the basics, except for perhaps trying to watch some anime/movies with subtitles that show both the translation and how it's written in Japanese.

I love the Chinese cartoons that they produce! :^)
Your trolling is too obvious:P

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've never been to Japan, but my Dad told me a funny story that supposedly happened when he was a kid. A Japanese family owned a Japanese restaurant in town. They also happened to live there. They ran it for a few years until they lost their license to run it when they were caught cooking cat. They weren't cooking it for customers, but after hours they were using the equipment to cook it for themselves. Don't know if it's true or not, but a funny story nevertheless.

I doubt that ... as far as I know the Japanese love Cats very much but not for foos though ...
Some years ago they made a new law in China ! that forbids them to eat dogs and cats so I guess your dad probably mixed up China and Japan, and even in China its mainly done in very small villages (still).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's somewhat EoF content, however, the point I'm trying to make is that only weeaboos really go to Japan for no reason other than being in Japan. Although, there is some very interesting things in Japan that I'd like to see. From a tourism standpoint, it's a very historic and interesting place. I live in the US, so the only real historic things we have here only date back to about the 1400's. But I don't want to go to Japan just to be there, if you understand what I mean.

No idea where you are from but this sounds like EVERY human who goes on hollidays no matter where is a weeaboo because he travels to some place only to be there and relax ...

In Germany most people go to Spain every year only to lie down at the beach the whole day and get cancer and when the sun goes down start to drink alcohol as much as possible ...

I prefer going to Japan over this ...
have been to lots of other places but Japan is my favourite country in the world, and thats not because of Anime and Maids :P

Reactions: Termer and Sliter

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt that ... as far as I know the Japanese love Cats very much but not for foos though ...
Some years ago they made a new law in China ! that forbids them to eat dogs and cats so I guess your dad probably mixed up China and Japan, and even in China its mainly done in very small villages (still).
doesn't japan have some sort of "cat island"?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have video games, anime, and more advance tech than star trek in 1970.... and ramen. YES I LOVE JAPAN, but they really need to stop censoring their stuff between the controversial reasons. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Termer

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Half-jap, lived there, have family there and will migrate there without any fears.
Best country in the world in my opinion, it has it's problems, some of the politics stuff has some corruption around it and I don't really agree with the work ethic all that much, but it works.
The people are great, the food is great, the cities and towns are great, the weather is comfy and my Japanese gf is really cute, so we're gonna live there once we marry.
7.8/10, too much water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded