Hardware Do you own a desktop PC, a laptop or both?

Do you own a desktop, laptop, or both?

• Desktop

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Laptop/Notebook

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Both

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe next time you could elaborate the thread a bit more or share your situation and or thoughts at the matter then simply making a thread with an opening post saying "title"

It doesn't generate much of an interesting discussion.

Anyway, I got a 10 year old lappy and a server that's made with various components.
I also got a 12 year old iBook G4 and a 17 year old IBM T20.

I used to have a Pentium 3 desktop and a AMD Athlon XP desktop before, but when it comes to games, I'm much more of a console gamer.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I have two desktops, one for work and one for gaming. Three laptops that are currently in use, one for work which is a mid 2009 Macbook, one for personal use which is my Surface Book, and my ~17 year old Toshiba 1625CDT for old DOS->Win98 gaming.

I currently have 3 other laptops being used in the household, one is my fiancee's laptop, another is used for videos by my fiancee, and the other is a media center in my living room but currently that's not setup anymore.

Then I have my iBook G4, which is currently just sitting away that I might occasionally use for some older games as well, but it hasn't been used in a few months now.

And then I have a box downstairs with like 6 laptops in various states of repair, one of them is fully working and is a backup just in case, 2 others are ~10 year old laptops that I originally used as work laptops, one is a 2007 era Macbook with no working battery (but otherwise in good shape), and the other 2 are just laptops I use for parts.

And then I have a Toshiba T1910CS coming, which is a ~23 year old 486 laptop I'll also being occasionally using for DOS gaming.

And I guess if you count Raspberry Pi's, I have 1 original B+ model, and 2 Raspberry Pi 2's. One gets used for media center stuff, the other has a bunch of emulators and ROMs on it.

And no, I don't have a problem ;O;

Trash_McPhail

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got a 4 year old Haswell Laptop that is dying to be replaced by a new Rig once the Consumer Volta cards get released.

Although the price of a decent monitor these days is frightning at £500+.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just have a desktop https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/FKcYcf

I tried having a laptop, but 95% of my usage is on the desktop so I have to keep the laptop plugged in otherwise it gets out of date (and drains the battery as it restarts when off)

I kickstarted the Mirabook and intend to just use my phone as a laptop when it arrives.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
In my household we currently have 3 HP laptops (including one for work), 2 MS Surface Pros (1 and 4), a PB laptop, Acer laptop, a MacBook, and three ancient laptops up on a shelf gathering dust (they belong in a museum).

We also have two active gaming desktops and 3 other desktops in various states of disrepair, and an old PowerPC (personally I think Macs are a little different to Windows PCs). And 5 tablets. And an old PocketPC.

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I own both.

I have a laptop as I do travel a few times a year plus it's a much better option for my studies. I have a desktop which is mainly used for gaming and watch videos like netflix, you-tube etc. This one is in my living room.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a laptop, but that busted a while back. It wasn't anything special - a 1.9GHz dual core Pentium, 500GB Seagate Momentus Thin, and 4GB DDR3 (which I upgraded to 8GB). It ran games sort of - I remember playing loads of Unturned 2.0 but 3.0 was too demanding and I think I melted something... It got super hot and I had to use an ice pack to cool the thing, and now it just beeps when I try to boot... Dead.

I now use a PC which I upgraded so I can game on it. I have an i5-2500K and a crappy motherboard that can't OC it, 8GB DDR3, 2 DVD drives, and 2 500GB 7200RPM Seagate Barracudas from other PCs and I bought a Zotac GTX 1050Ti Mini, 64GB ADATA SP600, an EVGA 500B, and a Thermaltake Suppressor F31 Tempered Glass to upgrade it. I was amazed at what it could do - I never knew what 1080p60 looked like. It's heavy though, but I don't travel much, so it's fine for my use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.