Hacking Do you think I should buy switch now?

Reploid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't usually buy consoles unless there is at least 5-10 games that I want to own, but switch currently have only Xenoblade 2 for me. But I do like jailbroken consoles a lot, even with lack of games (khe-khe, vita, khe).
I thought maybe I should wait till Team Xcutor release, and buy a switch then, since they promised it being FW independent.
But now fail0verflow teasing their own method and I feel counter-versed.
How do you think: is there a point of hasten buying of the switch with any FW? Or wait for fail0verflow's details and make haste then? I mean when details will surface it'll be more than enough time to buy a switch with current FW, before it'll get patched, if it'll ever be.

Last edited by Reploid,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't usually buy consoles unless there is at least 5-10 games that I want to own, but switch currently have only Xenoblade 2 for me. But I do like jailbroken consoles a lot, even with lack of games (khe-khe, vita, khe).
I thought maybe I should wait till Team Xcutor release, and buy a switch then, since they promised it being FW independent.
How do you think: is there a point of hasten buying of the switch with any FW? Or wait for fail0verflow's details and make haste then? I mean what details will service it'll be more than enough time to buy a switch with current FW, before it'll get patched, it it'll ever be.
if nothing has urged you to buy one by now i would hold off until any hacks are released.

i am not happy with its lacking games, third party titles mainly being old ports of games i already own on other systems (or can buy for less on other systems).

so if it was hacked, if there are no games that have urged you to buy, then what is there to download?

and if your (this is not aimed at you) are a fan of nintendo and dont share the same view, then sod off quoting me forcing your views, because end of the day if it had games i want to buy/play then i would buy/play them, you cant buy/play if its not there to buy/play.

so fans i kindly ask that you refrain from being a fanboy and that urge to jump to quote/defend your beloved console company.

ta.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
if nothing has urged you to buy one by now i would hold off until any hacks are released.

i am not happy with its lacking games, third party titles mainly being old ports of games i already own on other systems (or can buy for less on other systems).

so if it was hacked, if there are no games that have urged you to buy, then what is there to download?

and if your (this is not aimed at you) are a fan of nintendo and dont share the same view, then sod off quoting me forcing your views, because end of the day if it had games i want to buy/play then i would buy/play them, you cant buy/play if its not there to buy/play.

so fans i kindly ask that you refrain from being a fanboy and that urge to jump to quote/defend your beloved console company.

ta.
A bit too late to wait for release. As we all know software solution for cfw/emunand is currently only possible on 1.0.0 which is (almost) not being sold anymore. So I would grab 1.0.0 ASAP and just leave it there to wait for something great.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

ta.
Ah so now we're not permitted to even reply to you, we have to simply take your opinion yet not permitted to voice our own.

Your narcissism is reaching whole new heights retrotroll, congratulations on finally disappearing completely up your own arse.

so troll i kindly ask that you refrain from being a hatetroll and that urge to jump to post/bash your hated console.

Ta.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, Xenoblade 2 ammounts to one game, not 5-10.

This is a good answer, to be honest.

If you buy something right now, it is not hackable using the methods available to the public today (due to FW version).
In the other hand there are some new methods hinted (fail0verflow, xecutor), but not quite explained or made public.

So I would second that, if nothing else urges you to buy it, then better wait until you have more information available.

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X2 is obviously meant to play sitting on toilet.

You're gonna sit in the toilet for a long time

But seriously why do you need to ask this every hacker already have 2 Switches one for Homebrew and one for online and current games since you just care about one game I'm guessing you want Homebrew so there's your answer.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How do you think: is there a point of hasten buying of the switch with any FW? Or wait for fail0verflow's details and make haste then? I mean when details will surface it'll be more than enough time to buy a switch with current FW, before it'll get patched, if it'll ever be.
What, BotW and Super Mario Odyssey not doing it for you?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Meh. If you find one cheap go for it otherwise don't bother. Most games ported to the Switch are cheaper on other platforms or even free legally.

Reactions: invaderyoyo

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There are multiple points of views. Mine is, if you are sure you will want to own a Switch - buy it now, no reason to hold and buy it later.

Nothing is confirmed, but I remember back in the PSP hacking scene when the Fat PSP-1000 was discontinued, the Slim PSP-2000 was significantly harder to crack, same applied then the PSP-3000 was released, this one was even trickier.

Because of this, I usually get the earliest possible models in order to circumvent any possible hardware patches in newer models.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, you jailbreak a iPhone/iPad and PS3.
You hack other stuff, or hax like the cool kids say..

Second, yes i definitely think you should buy a Switch now.
Even if it only had Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that you'd be interested in playing the console had tons of awesome games.

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

Reactions: BvanBart

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
If we trust Team-Xecuter to deliver on their "works on every firmware" ad, then there's no reason to pick up a switch yet since you will be able to play whatever you want anyway once their product gets released.

On the other hand if you got the spare cash, might as well get one on a lower firmware now to increase the odds in case Team-Xecuter doesn't deliver to the extend of what they teased.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool