Hacking Do you think I should buy switch now?

Somario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't usually buy consoles unless there is at least 5-10 games that I want to own, but switch currently have only Xenoblade 2 for me. But I do like jailbroken consoles a lot, even with lack of games (khe-khe, vita, khe).
I thought maybe I should wait till Team Xcutor release, and buy a switch then, since they promised it being FW independent.
But now fail0verflow teasing their own method and I feel counter-versed.
How do you think: is there a point of hasten buying of the switch with any FW? Or wait for fail0verflow's details and make haste then? I mean when details will surface it'll be more than enough time to buy a switch with current FW, before it'll get patched, if it'll ever be.

It seems that fail0verflow work only for 3.0 so if you want to play switch game you can only hope in Xecuter

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If we trust Team-Xecuter to deliver on their "works on every firmware" ad, then there's no reason to pick up a switch yet since you will be able to play whatever you want anyway once their product gets released.

On the other hand if you got the spare cash, might as well get one on a lower firmware now to increase the odds in case Team-Xecuter doesn't deliver to the extend of what they teased.

Your logic is wrong. When Team Xecuter releases, Nintendo will release a hardware revision. So better before that!

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Is getting one on firmware 3.0 or lower even possible anymore?
There's plenty of smaller stores still having them in stock. Ebay is also filled with them.

Your logic is wrong. When Team Xecuter releases, Nintendo will release a hardware revision. So better before that!
Sure buddy, let's pretend like the currently manufactured consoles will miraculously vanish from every store and you will only get ones that are no longer exploitable so that you can be right. :tpi:

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is getting one on firmware 3.0 or lower even possible anymore?

I would say yes. You could look for some older bundles that came with a lower firmware. Wouldn't be able to name them, but my guess that even the latest (I have no idea, just guessing) Super Mario Odyssey bundle comes with a firmware as high as 3.0.0., or else why would the cartridge include a 3.0.1 update? I know the bundle comes with a download code and not the cartridge, but still. The up to date firmware obviously was 3.0.0 at the time SMO was released.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
unless you pay someone a lot of money, you're probably not going to get one below 3.0.1 anyways. and should that hardmod work as advertised and be unblockable, it'll prolly be cheaper regardless.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i know you guys probably jk. about taking your switches to the toilet. (if you actually do, then stop doing so!)
i would not take my switch anywhere near a restroom.

the thing is precious after all.

and OP i think if there is even a single game on the switch that has got you really hyped and you want to play it, then go get the switch.

An (in?)convenient truth...
are you telling me you actually do take your switch to the toilet..? +A+"

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah so now we're not permitted to even reply to you, we have to simply take your opinion yet not permitted to voice our own.

Your narcissism is reaching whole new heights retrotroll, congratulations on finally disappearing completely up your own arse.

so troll i kindly ask that you refrain from being a hatetroll and that urge to jump to post/bash your hated console.

Ta.
no because when the fans start doing this forcing their opinion yet insist i am not entitled to mine (for my own reasons) the topics then go off hand as points i put to make a point then get ignored then they spin off to another direction.

rather than simply accept ones opinion may not be same as yours, if you dont like it dont quote it, then we dont end up in a bs quote war.

think that is simple enough to understand.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Over the past week i hit up almost 100 people on ebay. From my research i found the following

3 - 1.0
32 - 2.x - 3.0
72 - 3.1 +

Average price $280 - $330

So they are out there. Just have to grind through the sellers selling new in box for the SN

Reactions: digipimp75

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A bit too late to wait for release. As we all know software solution for cfw/emunand is currently only possible on 1.0.0 which is (almost) not being sold anymore. So I would grab 1.0.0 ASAP and just leave it there to wait for something great.
The homebrew launcher showcased was for 3.0.0

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We don't know yet, we have to wait until fail0verflow release their exploit
untitled4.png

Very old 80s or 90s picture joke, recycled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: