Hacking Do you think I should buy switch now?

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
untitled4.png

Very old 80s or 90s picture joke, recycled.
Soon™ would have been more appropriate

Reactions: sarkwalvein

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say pick one up and hold on to it because when the modchip comes out people may buy up all the systems and put the price way up there for the systems. Remember ninja hack? just saying i wanted to play it safe so i picked up an extra one.
also if you would like one on a lower fw I know were to get one but it would cost $100 because you would be financing it.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over the past week i hit up almost 100 people on ebay. From my research i found the following

3 - 1.0
32 - 2.x - 3.0
72 - 3.1 +

Average price $280 - $330

So they are out there. Just have to grind through the sellers selling new in box for the SN

What do you mean you hit up? You messaged them and asked them the firmware for the console? How do you find out that information? Is there a certain console I should be looking for?

D

Deleted User

Don't buy it for the current userland only homebrew its not worth it being stuck on a firmware thats already old and being gated off from games to play a crap port of Doom(I feel like a broken record saying this in so many threads). Instead buy one for Mario Odyssey or another game that interests you because the Switch does have good games that are already out with more to come.

If you really just want one for hacks wait for Xecuters solution because it will be much better than whatever the hell is out now.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean you hit up? You messaged them and asked them the firmware for the console? How do you find out that information? Is there a certain console I should be looking for?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-firmware-by-serial-number.481215/

Don't buy it for the current userland only homebrew its not worth it being stuck on a firmware thats already old and being gated off from games to play a crap port of Doom(I feel like a broken record saying this in so many threads). Instead buy one for Mario Odyssey or another game that interests you because the Switch does have good games that are already out with more to come.

If you really just want one for hacks wait for Xecuters solution because it will be much better than whatever the hell is out now.

That exactly why i have one on OFW and one on 1.0. I would love to see emunand for my 1.0 so i can sell my other one. I figure if emunand is avaiable by 2019 then i can sell the latest firmware switch for about $20 loss. I have game fly so thats almost like supporting the game devs

Wrong thread to be preaching that in.

Amen

Last edited by Ronhero,
Reactions: the_randomizer

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wrong thread to be preaching that in.

liked this comment..where's the LOL button when you need one.. Anyway, i say just get the Switch. Mario and Zelda alone is worthit even if you dislike them. I ended up liking BOTW and whole family's been playing Super Mario Odyssey since release.. my 5 year old has about 800 moons and 9999 gold coins.. homebrew can come later when it comes.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liked this comment..where's the LOL button when you need one.. Anyway, i say just get the Switch. Mario and Zelda alone is worthit even if you dislike them. I ended up liking BOTW and whole family's been playing Super Mario Odyssey since release.. my 5 year old has about 800 moons and 9999 gold coins.. homebrew can come later when it comes.

I'm just sick of seeing people trying to preach anti-homebrew, anti-emulator mumbo jumbo, especially on a forum where such methods are ubiquitous. There's a time and place for that, but not on here.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm just sick of seeing people trying to preach anti-homebrew, anti-emulator mumbo jumbo, especially on a forum where such methods are ubiquitous. There's a time and place for that, but not on here.

I agree with you completely. I'm in no rush for homebrew or piracy on the Switch atm but I'd be welcoming it with open arms when it's available. Also, because of piracy I was able to discover games I love and ended up purchasing it. Win-win for everybody.

Last edited by owek1,

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should make a forum for it, and punish people who talk about it in the hacking forum.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, by asking on gbatemp you pretty much guaranteed you'd get mostly yes answers. This site is extremely biased toward Nintendo.

I got a Switch like two weeks after it released. Tbh I wish I'd waited a while. I played Zelda quite a bit, but after that it collected dust until Odyssey was released since Splatoon 2 and MK8 couldn't hold my interest. The only game in the Switch's foreseeable future that I'm looking forward to is SMT V.

I would NOT recommend the Switch to a friend if they aren't comforatable with buying a console for only a handful of games. Real third party support is clearly lacking. This will probably change very soon since the the Switch is selling so well, but right now, it's not there.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the ability to get one now, do it. Literally the only game i have is the binding of Isaac afterbirth, and I'm ok with that for now. Find a game you like and play the crap out of it.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if people want to stay on 3.0.0 to play homebrew thats none of your business
i dont know why youre so concerned

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you completely. I'm in no rush for homebrew or piracy on the Switch atm but I'd be welcoming it with open arms when it's available. Also, because of piracy I was able to discover games I love and ended up purchasing it. Win-win for everybody.

Which is ironic, most people don't realize that pirates usually buy many of the games they pirate in the first place.

Reactions: owek1

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't care about CFW or hacks. I had no Switch, but wanted to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Zelda BotW, so I bought them all at once. There are absolutely no regrets in doing so. Got me Ultra Street Fighter too and happy with it. The homebrew part? I can wait for this. Sooner there will be an exploit where i can install software (mainly retroarch) for my retro pleasures. Otherwise I'm totally fine now. Go buy it, you'll not regret it!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if nothing has urged you to buy one by now i would hold off until any hacks are released.

i am not happy with its lacking games, third party titles mainly being old ports of games i already own on other systems (or can buy for less on other systems).

so if it was hacked, if there are no games that have urged you to buy, then what is there to download?

and if your (this is not aimed at you) are a fan of nintendo and dont share the same view, then sod off quoting me forcing your views, because end of the day if it had games i want to buy/play then i would buy/play them, you cant buy/play if its not there to buy/play.

so fans i kindly ask that you refrain from being a fanboy and that urge to jump to quote/defend your beloved console company.

ta.
I agree to wait.
Also for many including myself, the higher price on switch is worth it for being able to play portably.
But I would wait to see if TX holds true to what they advertise.

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Same here. Having a limited amount of games for a while (aka having to purchase them) is quite nice. Piracy usually spoils the experience for me, having a bunch of games and not really playing any of them seriously. My 3DS is loaded, but last I touched it was probably months ago.

Reactions: owek1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning