Do you think using a condom reduces the pleasure during sex?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 11,402
  • Replies 125
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
On topic, I've seen several people complaining about cheap brands causing them less enjoyable. So I am glad it's not just my own experience on this one and others can confirm this as well.
So really the best way to answer this question is "You get what you pay for." If you go cheap, expect it be cheap and thus not be as enjoyable.

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes it does, half the time it makes it go down and then sex is impossible. Best to have one faithful, steady partner and both get disease tested. Then the female gets an implantable contraceptive that lasts three years. Which has the bonus effect of a holiday from periods. Win for everybody :P
Implantable ?
Really?
Wow

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
AFAIK a friend's girlfriend who's studying medicine uses an inyectable contraceptive that last for half a year so they don't have to worry for condoms and babies so there's that.

But just the answer everybody else have already said, it highly depends on the material, the cheaper they are, the less you feel, if you're willing to spend some extra money you can get some really good ones though. There's also the alternative to get a faithful partner, get tested and don't use any. If you're having casual sex then condom isn't really a choice.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys, there's lots of forms of birth control besides condoms. But unless you know your girl is on the pill, injected, ringed, diaphrammed, fixed or IUDed and completely CLEAN use a condom. And they suck. No matter what. But better than kids and HIV.

Reactions: Deleted User

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So taking this conversation in a different perspective, not a lot of people take into consideration the person on the receiving end. Having been on the other end of a cheap condom, I can safely say quality makes a big difference. It felt horrible actually, it felt like there was just too much latex and not enough lubrication. Plus I couldn't feel anything beyond thick/cheap latex. I can't imagine it being any better for my boyfriend either, since we never went with that brand anymore.
Think this might be contributing factor to people's dislike for condoms. Not enough people talk openly about the quality and thus people end up thinking they are all the same, which of course leads to bad experiences. Then of course people just believe that ever condom is the same, thus believing they will always have that bad experience.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So taking this conversation in a different perspective, not a lot of people take into consideration the person on the receiving end. Having been on the other end of a cheap condom, I can safely say quality makes a big difference. It felt horrible actually, it felt like there was just too much latex and not enough lubrication. Plus I couldn't feel anything beyond thick/cheap latex. I can't imagine it being any better for my boyfriend either, since we never went with that brand anymore.
Think this might be contributing factor to people's dislike for condoms. Not enough people talk openly about the quality and thus people end up thinking they are all the same, which of course leads to bad experiences. Then of course people just believe that ever condom is the same, thus believing they will always have that bad experience.
You're supposed to use lube :-p

Reactions: mikefor20

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here's my brief info-dump on safe sex.

Condoms. I recommend you wear one. They do make sex more pleasurable, assuming you're straight and don't want to have children. Kids are a very unpleasant side effect of unprotected sex. And if you aren't straight... Well they still reduce std/sti rates by a massive amount, so I do still recommend them unless you and your partner(s) have been tested recently. If you don't have a partner and you're flying solo they make cleanup easier, both if you're wearing it or using it on a toy to keep it clean. (In that case, be aware that some materials don't like each other. Silicon lube on Silicon toys for instance)

On a more serious note, it's like wearing a seatbelt. Not a fantasticly wonderful feeling but its positive uses far outweight any negative shortcomings, no pun intended. They often prolong the act, which for anyone on the receiving end is usually a great thing. And don't worry too much about size issues. Even smaller sizes have an impressive elasticity, there's literally no chance that you'll be too big to wear one like many guys claim and many actually prefer it to be just a little tight, it makes the whole process easier anywawy. If you've never used one before, I recommend getting one of the variety packs in an average size. If you don't currently have a partner, experiment on your own with them to find the size and type you like best. They also make condoms with flavors and textures that make it more pleasurable for your partner too. If you don't care about their comfort, I recommend getting a fleshlight. They're pretty cheap these days.

Reactions: Luglige

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that "natural" condoms like those were only to prevent pregnancy, and they were fairly ineffective against STD transmission.

From my understanding, they don't protect from aids. As for not getting knocked up or knocking up... I suggest staying home and masturbating till you got a good income.

Reactions: WeedZ

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, research being conducted by different people have different findings, its up to the reader.
And about my assessment its not "uninformed asupmtion". Its based on what science say, specifically anatomy and physiology, to simplify head of the penis contains lots of nerve endings thats why it is sensitive, while the skin that is being cut is just a regular skin tissue, if these skin are cut/removed, then the head is more exposed, more vulnerable being rubbed on the vaginal wall. Any way its your opinion. I respect that. Im just sharing, so like ive said, its up to people wether they believe it or not.
Educate yourself, bro. A Nursing degree doesn't go that deep into anatomy. http://thecircumcisiondecision.com/20000-nerve-endings/

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't had sex with a condom in about 2 years so i have to say I can't even remember the feeling.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I honestly cannot believe that this thread is still going on.
I mean, we've actually been pretty civil. It shows that even on the Temp, members can still be mature and hold it together.
(Lilith is proud of you guys)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I mean, we've actually been pretty civil. It shows that even on the Temp, members can still be mature and hold it together.
Thread cleaned - honestly I don't understand some users' gripes with this kind of thread. It's perfectly wholesome for younger-or-not-so-younger users to ask whatever they want in GOTC, especially when it comes to an important matter like sexual health. These are things they might not ask elsewhere and it's always better to ask than not in these cases.

I've seen some pretty good replies in this thread as well, so it'll stay up as long as everyone's civil. Did a bit of clean up on some EoF-y posts and mikefor20's ranting, but yeah, this thread is 100% endorsed by staff.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thread's no longer on fire? Cool! Thanks @raulpica! ^_^
So I've said a lot in this thread, mostly the same thing in an effort to keep this thread on topic. There is one thing I would like to confess and that is that I've never had any experience with natural condoms. So to those who have, what's your thoughts on those? I wouldn't mind hearing from both sides if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs