Does this app exist?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to sort content via ftp by file size. now, this is file size by folder since I have over 2,000 folders. is there anyway to do this? I tried filezilla and windows explorer. neither will do this correctly. thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, but that doesn't show folder size. I tried treesize via ftp. it shows the file size of a few folders then reads as 0KBs for everything else. I think it's due to having a trial version.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
thanks, but that doesn't show folder size. I tried treesize via ftp. it shows the file size of a few folders then reads as 0KBs for everything else. I think it's due to having a trial version.
It's a bit tricky, because contents of a folder aren't normally loaded until you open the folder, and doing operations like this on a large number of files over FTP will be very slow. I don't know if there's a FTP client that can do what you want so I can't really help you there, but there probably is, just be aware that it will be very slow at listing sizes.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the trial version of the premium treesize. it's working over ftp, but the main folder I need it to scan is taking quite a while. I think the folder may have 10,000s of thousands of folders. I'm just hoping I can delete all folders with a specific size afterwards.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to try a LAN line. treesize kept giving me different results. I think it's timing out. if ftp with an ethernet cable doesn't work with treesize, I'll just transfer the content over to my laptop. it's only about 300GBs, so it shouldn't take too long. after that, I'll go over the content with treesize again. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended