Hacking Don't get on 3.00 stay on your current firmware version

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems the least you can do for now is keeping any single penny you can and use the serial method whenever you have enough money.
I noticed there's PayPal credit option on eBay, divided into 12 payments, and if approved, would that be something I should do in order to get a second Switch without immediately breaking the bank from the get go? I've seen some units that are on 2.3.0, 3.0.0, etc. with 100% seller ratings. I wonder if this can be trusted? The seller doesn't offer returns on this particular unit, it's very very tempting to say the least.

Reactions: lordelan

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, has there been any updates for the game, would I be able to 100% it. Also unless I'm mistaken if you are someone without internet (I know everyone has internet lol) on 3.0.0 and you buy Odyssey then tough luck to you just wasted your money. Would that be correct.
No, because you could cart update with Mario Odyssey. That's the reason cart updates exist.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand correctly, if I buy Odyssey it will update my Switch to the latest firmware due to a cart update. Can I not just choose not to install the update.
No. You have to have the update installed, whether by cart or by online, to play Mario Odyssey.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seriously conflicted right now, I saw a Switch on eBay, lower firmware, but I asked the seller if it came with a dock and he told me it doesn't, those go for 90 bucks, on top of the fact the Switch is used, $300 asking price, so uh..yeah. The conflict is compounded by whether or not to sign up for PayPal credit, which would split it up into 12 payments. So it's either that, or I somehow manage to find one cheaper, right firmware, and with a dock. *Sigh* If anyone has any leads, let me know. I just hope a second console isn't a huge mistake.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seriously conflicted right now, I saw a Switch on eBay, lower firmware, but I asked the seller if it came with a dock and he told me it doesn't, those go for 90 bucks, on top of the fact the Switch is used, $300 asking price, so uh..yeah. The conflict is compounded by whether or not to sign up for PayPal credit, which would split it up into 12 payments. So it's either that, or I somehow manage to find one cheaper, right firmware, and with a dock. *Sigh* If anyone has any leads, let me know. I just hope a second console isn't a huge mistake.
I have one on eBay for 500 with everything

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hombrews not worth it now just update and play games theres a way i think you can gen 8 pokemon for the future switch game in pokemon bank because it lets me put pokemon 900 in bank s an empty data slot.

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hombrews not worth it now just update and play games theres a way i think you can gen 8 pokemon for the future switch game in pokemon bank because it lets me put pokemon 900 in bank s an empty data slot.
Mario is the only game I'm missing out on, and it's not a big deal as I have my 3ds, WiiU/Wiiu and PC backlog to play through. I played through BOTW at launch on my Switch, and can play the DLC on my WiiU if I want to.

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will miss out on pokemon switch next year
I'll buy the Pokemon Switch with the joycons if homebrew isn't out by then. I like to homebrew my stuff for emulators. If Nintendo releases all the past Zeldas and Marios on Switch VC, I wouldn't want homebrew. I don't do it for piracy. My WiiU is my ultimate Nintendo machine right now besides Mario Odyssey.

Last edited by music3k,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hombrews not worth it

Found the kiddo who updated and is salty about it.

Kids... don't update if you want kernel access...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I just set up my Switch, it's on 2.2.0.
Am I screwed for Kernel Access, or...?

'Cause you guys be confusing af.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Found the kiddo who updated and is salty about it.

Kids... don't update if you want kernel access...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I just set up my Switch, it's on 2.2.0.
Am I screwed for Kernel Access, or...?

'Cause you guys be confusing af.
all the games i got with it required the update and my switch was already past 3.0.0 when i got it

South Cape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Dang it, now people tell me. Updated from 2.2.0 cause literally everywhere was saying to get on 3.0.0.

Honestly though, I'm cool with whatever we get. Just nice to be on the ground floor of this evolving hacking scene.

Last edited by South Cape,
Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)