Misc Download DS "DLCs"... Is still possible?

alemarco11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone. In these days I was playing a bit some old DS games with my R4 and I noticed that a few of them have an option dedicated to "downloadable content" (why these contents have to be unlocked with a download Nintendo, why?). Unfortunately since 2014 Nintendo stopped WFC and now it's impossible to "download" these "DLCs" normally and it's a shame because in some games the downloadable content is essential for 100% completion.
So I herad about WFC Patcher and i tried it following a guide that didn't specify how to erase Nintendo WFC Configuration, so I did it from the Internet settings of my 3DS (not from the patched game). I set correctly primary and secondary dns but the 20100 error still present. Is possible now for me download data? Thanks ;)

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If nobody made a backup of the content before Nintendo WiFi was shutdown, you're probably going to struggle to get it. Your question is also really quite vague. There is, for example, a way to inject the downloadable missions for Pokemon Ranger 2 and 3, if those are the games you're after. Without any more specific details, it's difficult to help you.

alemarco11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If nobody made a backup of the content before Nintendo WiFi was shutdown, you're probably going to struggle to get it. Your question is also really quite vague. There is, for example, a way to inject the downloadable missions for Pokemon Ranger 2 and 3, if those are the games you're after. Without any more specific details, it's difficult to help you.
Thanks a lot for the reply, now I will be more detailed. I don't have to download any Pokemon DLC, I want to update games like Inazuma Eleven chapters and Professor Layton and the Curious Village (they're also are in this page: https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki/Nintendo-DS-Download-Content). As I said, I patched the games, but I commited the mistake to erase my WFC Configuration via the internet settings of my 3DS and now I can't erase it anymore... And even with the right DNSs I always get the 20100 error.

alemarco11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, I didn't know... I thought I can bump my post once a day like in most other forums (in Italy every forum has this rule). I'll go to read the rules of this forum to prevent things like that in the future. Again, I'm really really sorry.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
erase my WFC Configuration via the internet settings of my 3DS and now I can't erase it anymore...
Very good, it means that you correctly erased it
The option only reappears when you get a WFC ID from the server, that's why it must be deleted when you change servers

Like every other DS game, the standalone network setup tool needs to be patched to support custom servers - just do the configuration from a patched game

alemarco11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Very good, it means that you correctly erased it
The option only reappears when you get a WFC ID from the server, that's why it must be deleted when you change servers

Like every other DS game, the standalone network setup tool needs to be patched to support custom servers - just do the configuration from a patched game

http://www.altwfc.net/

Read the guide - most content is still available.
Thanks for your replies... About the WFC settings I was worried because I erased them via system settings and not from the patched game, but now I really don't understand why I get 20100 error. I used the ROM Patcher method (with the latest WFC Patcher) and AltWFC's DNSs. Now i will try with NitroHax and see what happen ;)

alemarco11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, I rebooted my "access point" so many times... I used my phone as an hotspot without any protection key, but I can try with my home wifi

alemarco11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update: I don't know why, but I enabled a guest network without any protection in my router... The result: estabilished connection, and I succesfully downloaded my games' data. Thanks to all of you for the patience and the replies :)

Reactions: Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.