ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Most people are missing the point here.
The European release of Drill Dozer is a never before released version of the game, kind of like the SMA4 release with all the eLevels unlocked from the get-go.
This version of Drill Dozer (E) includes languages for the PAL region, which believe me, it becomes GREATLY appreciated for those that aren't that familiar with the english language. I can safely say that it might include Spanish, German, French and perhaps Italian.

I would love to get an IPS patch of it.

And for those of you that do not know how to do so:
  • Dump the ROM of Drill Dozer EUR from the Wii U using whatever homebrew/app is needed (RAM dump or ddd dump).
  • Once the ROM has been dumped and verified working with VBA, you can get Lunar IPS or xDelta to prepare the patch.
  • Open up Lunar IPS / XDelta and set the Unmodified or Base ROM as the Drill Dozer US ROM, and the modified or new ROM as the Drill Dozer EUR ROM.
  • Once that is done, simply name the IPS or xdelta patch to whatever you want and then upload it.
That's all. It isn't hard. The IPS or xdelta patch should include all of the data from the EUR ROM, essentially converting the US ROM into the new EUR one.

Lorenzooone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
UPDATE: Thanks to efforts of a friend of mine with a Wii U and of my money, we dumped the EU ROM.

Here's the link: <snip>

The patch must be applied to an American version of the ROM.

A Legal Note: This isn't the same ROM patch you'll play on a Wii U, it's missing the RAM patches for the Rumble feature, so it's not what Nintendo is selling and it can be shared.

1473263616652.png

1473263588693.png

1473263564799.png

1473263511088.png

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed link -rp

Lorenzooone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By the way, if anyone of the mods sees this message, the topic should now be moved to Other Systems, Other Handelds, GBA Discussions, GBA Hacks. Thanks to everyone of the Wii U section for being kind and helpful.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here is what Romhacking.net thinks of generating "patches" that turn widely available pirate copies into not-so-widely available commercial releases. Removed and a big notice put at the top. Also thanks to those releasers, there is now a permanent ROM hacker profile for some guy named "Nintendo" for their "Original Hack".
Looks like we're going to follow the same reasoning. The dumped ROM should find its way to NO-INTRO or something, but a patch for it doesn't really make sense as it contains copyrighted stuff. Usually patches are fine since they content they include is "new" and created by the hackers/translators. In this case, it's just repackaging stuff Nintendo did. Which means you're pretty much sharing 100% copyrighted content, even if in patch form.

Links removed.

Lorenzooone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Looks like we're going to follow the same reasoning. The dumped ROM should find its way to NO-INTRO or something, but a patch for it doesn't really make sense as it contains copyrighted stuff. Usually patches are fine since they content they include is "new" and created by the hackers/translators. In this case, it's just repackaging stuff Nintendo did. Which means you're pretty much sharing 100% copyrighted content, even if in patch form.

Links removed.
May I go OT and ask you what do you think of this? ( http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2473/ )
I put the Nintendo edits as well as my new content in this patch...

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Lorenzooone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd stick to the original GBA rom to be on the safe side. They're minor changes, most players would never notice them anyway.
That was just out of curiosity, since I actually wrote to Nintendo for that ROM translation a while ago and they replied it was ok to use their changes (and that they were happy that I created something like that but that they wouldn't have used it)

But I understand your point for Drill Dozer.

Reactions: cearp

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That was just out of curiosity, since I actually wrote to Nintendo for that ROM translation a while ago and they replied it was ok to use their changes (and that they were happy that I created something like that but that they wouldn't have used it)

But I understand your point for Drill Dozer.
Oh, wow, nice. Pretty weird considering what Nintendo has been doing lately (DMCA'd projects left and right) :unsure:

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I guess that since those are just changes to avoid Seizure Attacks, they're ok.
True, it's just small changes, actually, so I suppose it's not much code/graphics at all. Cool, then. Too bad we can't say the same for Drill Dozer - I'm sure the No-Intro project will be interested in giving it a new home though ;)

Shift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to know more about what you mean by RAM patches for the Rumble features. Do you mean additional code was added to enable rumble on the Wii U? One thing I've always been curious about is enabling Rumble in games that used it on the Game Boy Player, like Pokemon Pinbal and SMA4, so it could be used the same way as Drill Dozer uses it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Reactions: mariocanales

mariocanales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
just came back to say works perfectly.thank you very much @Lorenzooone for your work,and @migles for the link and instruccions.

spanish: volvi solo a decir q funciona perfectamente el pache,probado en el idioma español.gracias a lorenzo por el trabajo q se dio,y a migles por el link del parche.
me voy feliz :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!