DS #2949: Chrono Trigger DS (Japan)

Maggeh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mechagouki said:
If people are reaching Lavos already (with side quests complete) then they've either dumbed the game down a great deal from the SNES version, or people are using walkthroughs, (unless they haven't slept since the rom was uploaded), this is really a game that you should find your own way through (at least first time round), it has the reputation it does because it is such a rewarding adventure - don't rush it!

It took me several attempts over the course of a week just to figure out how to beat Lavos, no GameFaqs back in the mid 1990s!

Well, you know, some of us have played the game and beat it 12 years ago. It's also rather short for a rpg, should only take people 20-25 hours to beat on their first play.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess if you have nothing else to do it seems like a short game.............however when I played the original I was working full-time and had little free time for games, now I work and have a 2 year old son to soak up what little spare time I have! If i manage 1/2 an hour on the DS before I go to sleep at night I'm doing well, 20-25 hours will take me the next 6 weeks...................Those of you who have unlimited time for gaming should make the most of it, I think i was last in that position around the time Link's Adventure came out on the NES!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cronorei said:
Well now I have the rom working, it's still launching weirdly but it's working.

Now I can't figure out how to get my no$gba save that I converted to a M3 type save to work. The M3 saver manager keeps crashing on me, anyone have an idea?

To convert between many different formats use the online savegame converter. The no$gba sav must be named exactly as the game on your m3 or it will fail to load the save. If it still fails to load then use an older version of the m3 manager. I've had the crashing problem before and that worked around the problem for me.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aphirst said:
Awdofgum said:
Good game, I couldn't resist playing it before the US release

ohmy.gif
You didn't make reference to having post #1337 !?
What a waste of generosity.
tongue.gif

I've gotten rid of the ROM for now - I'll wait for the (E) ROM before I play it through to the end.
biggrin.gif

why? anything special about the E version?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the TTDS owners: Did the patched game totally nuke your TTDS cart or just the microSD's contents? Also did you try the unpatched game to see if it had any problems with it?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Now that all the patching issues are out of the way and my save is safe from PSRAM corruption, I will voice my opinion on the game.

Okay... here goes...

I am a first time Chrono Trigger player.

Le gasp! =O ...well, actually not a first-timer. I played the SNES version 4 years ago on the emulator, but I got stuck very early in the game. I remember liking it some, and loving the music. A few days of trying then I gave up. Over the years I didn't bother looking up any guides because I don't like the spoil. Really I'd rather not figure out a game for years than use a guide even once, the feel bothers me just that much.

Today I am playing Chrono Trigger on the DS. I got unstuck on my own and managed to progress... fairly deep into the game. I'd say I'm at about 75%. At least I believe so, I'm still missing two portals in End of Time. I have 22 hours played and I'm loving it. I am currently sidequesting. A very enjoyable adventure with great story great characters great music... the only disappointment I feel is that they could have polished the graphics or sound effects so much more but didn't... oh well what does it matter? I'm caught in its magic and I'm starting to understand why so many gamers raise it to the status of legend. I've noticed that the last two days of playing it I have been smiling constantly. That is a very, very rare thing to 'Trigger' in me, probably only 3 or 4 games ever did. I can feel the enthusiasm. Looking beyond tomorrow I realize it is one of those games that will make me shed a tear or two when it'll be over. Wonderful.

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ug, I can't get my edge card to acctivate cheats, I enabled and took the edgecheats.dat from the cheat database and renamed it cheats.dat

I load up chrono trigger and it won't ask me if I want to enable cheats and I used R4cce to enable chrono trigger cheats... can someone help me out as to why it's not asking me to enableing cheats?

bluekeeper

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone I have an r4DS and i just can't get this to work....
frown.gif

I tried just a clean rom and the anti-piracy cheat and i just get a screen with unable to load data please reset cartridge on it.
I then tried patching it (which i dont really know how to do) and i put that on my R4 and when i run that i got 2 white screens.

I have the lastest kernel and i have the latest cheat database but i just can't get it to work:(

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluekeeper said:
Hey everyone I have an r4DS and i just can't get this to work....
frown.gif

I tried just a clean rom and the anti-piracy cheat and i just get a screen with unable to load data please reset cartridge on it.
I then tried patching it (which i dont really know how to do) and i put that on my R4 and when i run that i got 2 white screens.

I have the lastest kernel and i have the latest cheat database but i just can't get it to work:(

Since the game requires an ARM7 fix noone will be able to post a legal patch (since it would contain the copyrighted code of the arm7.bin used to fix it). So what you need to do is use DSATM to patch the game with the ARM7 Fix option and a compatible arm7.bin donor in the same directory -- donor.nds or donor.bin.

bluekeeper

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i have downloaded the arm7fixa and the dsatm but i still don't really get what i need to do.
sorry i have never done this before im used to just downloading the .nds file and putting it on my R4

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUUCKING YAY BABY I GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!

If someone wants to know how and is having problems getting it working on a flash cart let me know I will help ya out!

Edit: sorry for my social outburst!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
You may continue with your normal thread conversations!

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizard298 said:

If someone wants to know how and is having problems getting it working on a flash cart let me know I will help ya out!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
do you know how to patch the rom and getting to work on the cyclods without having to enable the AR cheat everytime?

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wizard298 said:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
This would be appropriate about 70 pages ago.

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
Wizard298 said:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
do you know how to patch the rom and getting to work on the cyclods without having to enable the AR cheat everytime?

Have you tried the patch in the download section?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3786

Sorry about that, I just could not contain my excitement, hey thats what women do ya know
smile.gif

Besides, I just got home a bit ago and just fiddled with it and used R4cce to edit the game id and bam got it to work.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wizard298 said:
JJBro1 said:
Wizard298 said:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sorry about that, I just could not contain my excitement, hey thats what women do ya know
smile.gif

Besides, I just got home a bit ago and just fiddled with it and used R4cce to edit the game id and bam got it to work.

Or he could download the latest 1.5 firmware.
http://cyclopsds.com/downloads/evo-firmware-1.5.zip

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
Wizard298 said:
JJBro1 said:
Wizard298 said:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Or he could download the latest 1.5 firmware.
http://cyclopsds.com/downloads/evo-firmware-1.5.zip
I already have the latest firmware and i just downloaded the patch, what do i do now? do you think this patch will work with the US version when it gets dumped?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hello