DS #3517: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (USA)

SugarB3ar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey. i dont know if somebody posted anything about this. but anyways i got an acekard 2 and the game (gta chinatown wars) works but after i play for a while and save the game. i turn off my ds and when i turn it back on to play gta again sometimes it says save file is corrupted. and i have the patched version. any help?

SugarB3ar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also... sometimes when i close the lid of my DS the game freezes. is that happening to anybody else? is there a way to fix it?

robochrono09

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SugarB3ar said:
hey. i dont know if somebody posted anything about this. but anyways i got an acekard 2 and the game (gta chinatown wars) works but after i play for a while and save the game. i turn off my ds and when i turn it back on to play gta again sometimes it says save file is corrupted. and i have the patched version. any help?

Use a clean dump of GTA no patched versions, then use AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper FIRMWARE

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed something weird. The file size for this game is 122,347 KB. All other games of similar size are 131,072 KB. Is everyone else's copy like this too? I'm pretty sure I have the clean version too (but I won't get into ROM talk). I'm only bringing this up because I think it might have something to do with all the freezing.

sheely69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
moogle.gif
WER R YU MASTAR
moogle.gif

Syr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh.. just logged over 12 hours.. right past saving that crooked cop from the Koreans and *BAM* my .sav file currupts on me .. had every hideout.. hundreds of thousands of dollars... and I never thought to backup my .sav file.e

Are there any kind souls out there who could upload a .sav file near this point in the game (preferably with lots of hideouts.. but I'm not that picky.) Thanks in advance!!

-Syr

P

pasc

Syr said:
Ugh.. just logged over 12 hours.. right past saving that crooked cop from the Koreans and *BAM* my .sav file currupts on me .. had every hideout.. hundreds of thousands of dollars... and I never thought to backup my .sav file.e

Are there any kind souls out there who could upload a .sav file near this point in the game (preferably with lots of hideouts.. but I'm not that picky.) Thanks in advance!!

-Syr

ask at gamefaqs...

Syr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
Syr said:

-Syr

ask at gamefaqs...

But GBAtempers are superior at video games!! Who wants a six year old's .sav file?
tongue.gif

1000 intertubes to the winner!!

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The corrupting save file can be REALLY annoying, 'tis why I love having an SCDS1 and being able to just use the RTS and make a few SCIs
biggrin.gif
Also helps when you get busted ;] Fuck losing money!

Btw, even patched I still can't MultiCard play, but I think the problem might be on my cousin's DS and not mine, either way it's pretty goddamn annoying.

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hobbes, that question is EXTREMELY n00bish, not just a bit.

1. Get an emulator (I recommend No$GBA).
2. Find a website that supplies NDS ROMs (try nds-roms.com).
3. Open No$GBA or whatever emulator you have, like iDeaS (Not exactly recommended by me due to past experiences).
4. Go to the folder with your .NDS ROM and select it.
5. Open it and play and have fun.

NDStemp

GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
T0rnZer0 said:

2. Find a website that supplies NDS ROMs (try *REMOVED*)
3. Open No$GBA or whatever emulator you have, like iDeaS (Not exactly recommended by me due to past experiences).

No posting ROM sites.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NDStemp said:
T0rnZer0 said:

2. Find a website that supplies NDS ROMs (try *REMOVED*).

No posting ROM sites.
It doesn't help when you quote it :/
Also he posted a crappy site that never gets updates

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reaper said:
NDStemp said:
T0rnZer0 said:

2. Find a website that supplies NDS ROMs (*REMOVED*).

No posting ROM sites.
It doesn't help when you quote it :/
Also he posted a crappy site that never gets updates
and also, seeming how n00b the guy is, he probably doesn't even know how to unzip files.

Tho-omas

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,
I've been reading pages now for two hours.. The only thing I could make clear is that it's impossible to play GTA CW on R4, is this conclusion right? Please help..

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
No you're wrong, you can play it on the R4. Just patch it or replace the arm7 whatever. (google the solution)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended