DS #3960: Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito (Japan)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Truth101 said:
Not sure never tried it out, but there Wifi options at various npc's at the inn.

thanks, i think thats the one i am looking for
smile.gif

will try to coop with some friends for missions

THANKS

dq addict

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game has so far crashed twice when saving. First time the save was okay anyway, but the second time I had to restart from the last savepoint. Anybody else had similar problems?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
dq addict said:
The game has so far crashed twice when saving. First time the save was okay anyway, but the second time I had to restart from the last savepoint. Anybody else had similar problems?
so far so good for me
smile.gif

whats the flash cart that you are using?

one thing surprised me was the speed of the save game
it is almost instantaneous

dq addict

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I´m using an R4; I was surprised about the speed too at first, it did not even play the jingle to the end. But now that I have saved the girl from the dungeon the saving process never ends.

hmh....it´s been 3 times now.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
YES... same here~! if you play it from no$gba .. it will play the jingle to the end
jingle playing to the end is DQ custom....

you mean from the ruins?
ok i will start playing the game in 20 mintues time
tongue.gif
*AFTER WORK*
i will feedback if i ever encounter any freeze

dq addict

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, I tried it again several time; this is definately fishy.
The game will not save anymore. I played past the ruins where you save the girl, and that night was my last successfull savegame. After that, even if I try to save immediately after loading the latest savegame the priest asks me if I want to save, I say yes and the melody plays....the animation of the little book plays, but the save process never ends.

I played to the next town, but the same thing happened there.

Maybe it is a copy protection that only lets you save a specific number of times; maybe 5 times.

I have taken out R4 and Micro SD card and blown them and the cart port. Beside few random crashs sometimes the card never failed with a game permanently.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sa1amandra said:
Pardon my bitchiness, but can someone explain to me why everyone is so hyped for a japanese version of the game? Is there a english option on something?

My guess (in decreasing order of perceived probability) :

1) They just really love the series, and treat it more like a 'picture book' until they get a release they can read. Like watching a foreign film/anime with out subtitles.

2) They have overactive imaginations and make their own story up as they go.

3) They have played all the other games that have interested them.

4) They speak Japanese.

Edit : 5) They enjoy breaking Anti-Piracy measures/making cheat codes.

Polyh3dron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Mac and don't have a Windows partition right now or any virtualization thing that works well with this bat file for the fix. Is there any other way I can perform this patch with a Mac?

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
man, i am still not used to NOT hearing the entire jingle, it just feels so strange, u know all along in every DQ game thus far that i had played, whenever i save, i get to hear the jingle till the very end, and now, it cuts right near the end
frown.gif

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been playing fine with the first patch on my R4.

It's soooooo cute. Playing Dragon Quest is unlike any other game experience.
Though it is weird the save jingle cuts off abruptly.

dq addict

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
elixirdream said:
dq addict,
i am in the 2nd town.. i am still able to save
smile.gif

will play alot more for today and feedback

Okay, thanks for the update.

Yesterday I tried loading my last savegame and saving immediately; it did not owrk.
Then I deleted the ROM and put a new one on my R4, in case the ROM was damaged. It did not save either.
Next I deleted my old savegame from the game´s start menue and restarted; yet savegames did still not work.
Then I deleted both ROM and SAV file from my SD card and put in a new ROM again; I restarted and now it does work. I immediately saved 15 times in a row to see if it had to do something with it, but no problems.

Now I am guessing it might have something to do with the save mechanism. SE said they have one savegame and some backup of it. Maybe the problem occured because when saving did not work the first time only the backup was saved and not the true battery save, and later the game had problems detecting that backup and battery save are not the same anymore. I am no coder, but I just thought that might me it.

Anyway, I believe that the saving failing in the first place was just a case of bad luck. It does happen occasionally, maybe the contact of cart and cart slot was interrupted a bit by shaking or so, and once the savegame was not as it should be there was no way out. I don´t know.
What I DO know is that from now on I will make a backup of my SAV. file at least once a day and put it on my HDD; then I can try if I can restart from that savepoint if something like this ever happens again.
smile.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
so far so good for me
smile.gif

i had wander to the northern castle ruins
smile.gif

anyway, just backup frequent~!

the reason why this game has one save only
because the size of the game
that is also why they introduce intermediate save

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lynch me, but what the hell is the appeal of this game if you don't even know the language?
Kids these days...

elixirdream said:
the reason why this game has one save only
because the size of the game
Sorry to interrupt, but that's a load of crap.
The number of save states has nothing to do whatsoever with the size of the game.
However, siblings and friends having to buy their own copy of the game in order to start a new game totally does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4