DS #4708: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing (USA)

KoolKojoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I've always wanted to really understand how developers get AP-protection to work, and how crackers break through them.

Must be one hell of a puzzle.
Sucks for Devs too, they have to come up with a new one every time a game comes out.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
you should shoot off the line in a wheelie and will wreck anyone in line in front of you.

Mind you explain to me what is a wheelie? there's this challenge that i can't do in the game "do six seconds wheelie" other than that every challenge either i did or i can do, thanks!

And if any one needs a save for this i completed almost everything!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Feels Good Man said:
He means hold down the down button

sorry i misunderstood him at first, thanks for the help i JUST did it with Shadow, i had no idea this move even exists, now i'm practicably finished with the challenges as the only ones left are the four WFC challenges, the 3,000,000 and 4,000,000 miles challenges and unlock all the challenges, but i'm not bothering doing those, anyway i dunno if it's against the rules or not but if it helps i can upload my save for emulator users!

hbkjason

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I am new to this forum and was wondering if any one could help me out. My kids both have the DS Supercards for the DSlite and so far every game we have downloaded has worked no problem. But we just can not get this one to work at all. I am not too good at all this patching and stuff and have no idea how to do it. So far when we try and load the rom the screen just goes black and we have to turn the DSlite off.

We have downloaded the rom from a few different sites now and its the same every time.

Is there a idiots guide on how to get the patches to work as I really do not have a clue. I have ead t people have gotten the game to work in clean mode how do I do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Jason

padawan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Niger
sonictopfan said:
basher11 said:
sonictopfan said:
padawan said:
patch made it work with r4 rts sdhc. not my kind of game though -> bin

did you get it to work on R4?

don't you mean HOW he got it to work?
same thing, i have an R4 and i'd like to know if this game will ever work on an R4!

hi

i just downloaded a prepatched version. the unpatched eu version did not work, so i went to google, typed in 'r4 rts sonic racing' and then came to a big forum where there was an upload of the patched us version which worked on my cart
smile.gif

my cart is a r4 rts sdhc though (the one from the m3 team), so it might not work on another r4 / clone of it

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
hi

i just downloaded a prepatched version. the unpatched eu version did not work, so i went to google, typed in 'r4 rts sonic racing' and then came to a big forum where there was an upload of the patched us version which worked on my cart
smile.gif

my cart is a r4 rts sdhc though (the one from the m3 team), so it might not work on another r4 / clone of it

well i have a normal R4 and tried the clean rom and didn't work, even with YSmenu, i tried changing the Arm7 with different games and still no luck!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how Sega suddenly became the makers of high quality, FUN "AAA" games on the Nintendo DS. I mean first we have this game, then Sonic Classic Collection (quality is debatable, but I think it's good enough) and the English version of Infinite Space is coming up soon. Sega's really stepping it up this year! Out of the 3 games I was excited for, 2 of them were Sega (Dementium II is the 3rd). Sonic Racing surprised me! I expected to hate it, but it's a cutesy game done right. It's actually fun.

I've been playing the PC version of S&SASR and comparing it to the DS version. All I can say is that they did a good job retaining most of the graphics of the PC version as close as they could on the DS version. Naturally, a lot of the fancier graphic details are gone, the tracks are a little shorter and are missing a few trippy elements the PC version (and the consoles too, I assume) has, but the core gameplay is identical. It's a great achievement when they can match the core gameplay so closely. Speaks well for the development teams involved.

The DS version actually has one feature the PC version doesn't, which is online play. PC has up to a 4-player split-screen mode, but no online mode. Don't know why....

I just wonder how good the DS version COULD have been if they had the same development time & budget as PC/console versions do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone