DS #4708: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing (USA)

SatanicSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
White screen on r4 and ysmenu with the above extinfo,infolib nd savlib files.
Please help!!!
frown.gif

gazz07

Trophies
XP
Country
Newbie here, sorry if this has been covered already, but I have an R4-III Revolution-Upgrade card here, will this game work on my card? If so' can someone please tell me what I need to do to make it so. Thanks in advance, and apologies once again if I have gone over old ground here

SatanicSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
The rom is clean to my knowledge.I have not patched it or anything.Thanks for the help sonictpofan but i like the ysmenu firmware and dont want to change the firmware.I know it looks crap but i am happy with it and dont want to do anything else as it has run all of my games without any problem.Just wanted to ask is the ysmenu firmware updated or something.The last time I put it was September 2009.Will I have to update it or something to run the game.I also have the required files extinfo etc. files but it still shows a white screen.Please help.Also tried formatting the card but it doesnt work.I guess i will try to run the (E) version of the game.
Edit-The (E) version shows the whte screen as well.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
SatanicSaint said:
The rom is clean to my knowledge.I have not patched it or anything.Thanks for the help sonictpofan but i like the ysmenu firmware and dont want to change the firmware.I know it looks crap but i am happy with it and dont want to do anything else as it has run all of my games without any problem.Just wanted to ask is the ysmenu firmware updated or something.The last time I put it was September 2009.Will I have to update it or something to run the game.I also have the required files extinfo etc. files but it still shows a white screen.Please help.Also tried formatting the card but it doesnt work.I guess i will try to run the (E) version of the game.
Edit-The (E) version shows the whte screen as well.

well i think the one i'm using is the latest firmware since i downloaded it a week ago, but just to be sure back up your YSMenu and try this one, it worked fine for me with both U and E versions of the game!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
gazz07 said:
Newbie here, sorry if this has been covered already, but I have an R4-III Revolution-Upgrade card here, will this game work on my card? If so' can someone please tell me what I need to do to make it so. Thanks in advance, and apologies once again if I have gone over old ground here

well aside from R4 SDHC you'll need the YSMenu to run the game on R4 cards, use the link above from my past comment!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
SatanicSaint said:
Thanks sonictopfan for the firmware.But there is only one problem.Moonshell doesnt work on it.Other thn that its superb.Thanks!!!

sorry about that, i deleted the Moonshell folder to save space!

edit: I just noticed something, in Mario and Sonic Winter Games, using YSMenu with these files the game won't crash when you reach Icepeak, however you have to save and exit before continuing otherwise it may crash after a while, i'll post that in Mario and Sonic Olympic Games page!

Edit 2: this is a better version http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OVND2ERA it now fixes Sonic Classic Collection too!

Edit 3: a new firmware for R4 users is available here http://filetrip.net/f10251-Wood-R4-1-04.html

This new firmware "Wood R4 v1.04" is based on the AK2 firmware, it now runs Sonic and Sega All-stars Racing and Sonic Classic Collection on a normal R4 without the need for YSMenu, however it doesn't fix the hang on Icepeak in Mario and Sonic Winter Games!

i've tested it and it runs all these games, support online play, and loads the sav filed "but you have to change the name from GAME.SAV to GAME.NDS.SAV" or simply use this tool which makes it easier and faster http://filetrip.net/g25123668-Wood-R4-Save-Converter.html

Unfortunately there is no way to use cheat codes here "at least not that i know of" except to use YSMenu, however this new firmware is much faster in running the games!

For noobs who can't use it, here's another link i uploaded to megaupload http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RP26P6TK

P.S to change skin, use an AK2 skin, place it in ui folder, then in the main menu go to settings, and choose the skin you like!

gazz07

Trophies
XP
Country
my card is an 'R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS' card, and for some reason none of these solutions work for me. All I get is the black 'Loading...' screen indefinitely. Thanks for all the advice, I think I'll just have to either buy this game or just leave it. Cheers anyway mate!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.